Diaz’s Last Stand

My take, Diaz fires baker & co. and hires a new DC.

Brown fired Diaz because of his crappy defensive scheme and then Brown exposed Manny's D to which Manny had no answer. So the blue print is out there for all coaches to see. Manny knows this.

His only option is to bring in a new dc and let him run his system.

Question is who will it be?

Advertisement
Manny has some good qualities, but he needed grooming at a lower level school first.

Miami fans, who aren't patient at this point after 15 years of average football, don't have patience for someone learning on the job.

Manny showed last year he can identify weaknesses, and attack them. It's not his fault he was hired, it was Blake James.

If you are angry focus on Blake James.
Aim higher. Who hired James? He’s putting together quite an impressive string of head football coaching hires.

“If there is one thing we know about Manny, it’s that he’s not going to go down without a fight....”

Noooooo, you didn’t say that, did you? Well, he did go down on Mack without a fight.
I’m saying that, through all the man’s failures, he has continued to try and keep his head above water. He doesn’t let himself drown. Are his attempts feeble at times? Yes, but that doesn’t diminish the overall point.

My take, Diaz fires baker & co. and hires a new DC.

Brown fired Diaz because of his crappy defensive scheme and then Brown exposed Manny's D to which Manny had no answer. So the blue print is out there for all coaches to see. Manny knows this.

His only option is to bring in a new dc and let him run his system.

Question is who will it be?
It can’t be someone that’s going to be afraid to challenge him. He needs strong-minded coaches around him.

The real pressure begins when you have some balls and fire Blake James. Not only are you eliminating that pathetic human being from the program, but you put more pressure on Manny to make changes, all while bringing a COMPETENT (emphasis on competent) individual to oversee the athletic department.

And then I woke up from my dream.

Advertisement
Manny has some good qualities, but he needed grooming at a lower level school first.

Miami fans, who aren't patient at this point after 15 years of average football, don't have patience for someone learning on the job.

Manny showed last year he can identify weaknesses, and attack them. It's not his fault he was hired, it was Blake James.

If you are angry focus on Blake James.
lol

The real pressure begins when you have some balls and fire Blake James. Not only are you eliminating that pathetic human being from the program, but you put more pressure on Manny to make changes, all while bringing a COMPETENT (emphasis on competent) individual to oversee the athletic department.

And then I woke up from my dream.

You will have to fight past his manlady first... she swings the balls low in that family

One of, if not the most, reasonable and well thought out posts I’ve seen in the last couple of days @Genghis Cane. Well done! You took the emotion out of your thought process, which is not easy to do considering the circumstances, and gave many a reality check.

I agree with your assessment. It sees the big picture instead of nitpicking or cherry picking certain topics.

Thanks!

Manny may or may not be able to get this program where we all want it, but one thing that has zero gray area is the fact that the man is very intelligent and this is his literal dream job. Again, that doesn't mean he can or will be successful. But one thing I know for sure is he's going to give 100.0% effort and he cares about this job more than anything in the world. He showed last off-season he can patch glaring holes. Let's see what he does with this one.

Advertisement
talking about "adjustments" is really pointless when Old Mack's OL was b1tchslapping Miami's defense
and opening holes bigger than rosie odonnell's *** !

for the zillionth time in the last 20 years we saw a team that had no motivation and was totally
unprepared and not ready to play a football game.

this is what happens when worthless ADs hire incompetent ******** to be a head coach that should be either wearing
a vest at the front door of Walmart or passing burgers out the ******* drive thru window at
Wendy's.

take the :neonu: off these little pus sies helmets until they man up and deserve to have em on there again by
winning a **** championship !!!

a REAL coach would have sat some asses and jerked some scholly's a **** of a long time ago instead of
blowing in their ear and trying to be their ******* boyfriend !!!

bowl game, my *** !!!

Manny may or may not be able to get this program where we all want it, but one thing that has zero gray area is the fact that the man is very intelligent and this is his literal dream job. Again, that doesn't mean he can or will be successful. But one thing I know for sure is he's going to give 100.0% effort and he cares about this job more than anything in the world. He showed last off-season he can patch glaring holes. Let's see what he does with this one.
He’s certainly going to have a chance to save his job. Whether he’s got the foresight to make some hard choices remains to be seen.

talking about "adjustments" is really pointless when Old Mack's OL was b1tchslapping Miami's defense

for the zillionth time in the last 20 years we saw a team that had no motivation and was totally

this is what happens when worthless ADs hire incompetent ******** to be a head coach that should be either wearing
a vest at the front door of Walmart or passing burgers out the ******* drive thru window at
Wendy's.

take the :neonu: off these little pus sies helmets until they man up and deserve to have em on there again by

a REAL coach would have sat some asses and jerked some scholly's a **** of a long time ago instead of

bowl game, my *** !!!

You ever thought about logging off for a nanosecond and trying to get laid? Have a drink? Smoke a bowl? Take a singular breath? Jesus Christ, people in prison aren't this miserable.

Advertisement
He’s certainly going to have a chance to save his job. Whether he’s got the foresight to make some hard choices remains to be seen.

I posted this earlier but I agree 1000% about the hard choices you speak of. It's going to be REALLY interesting to see what he does. He had no real ties to Enos, and the vast majority of the season was an abject failure on offense. It wasn't hard to jettison him in the least bit. Very few, if any, emotional ties, and no success at all.

Baker is MUCH different. He's worked for Manny at 3 different stops. Was a GA for him. A 10 year personal relationship. And there have been SOME successes to hang his hat on, although I agree that a performance like the one we saw Saturday has to cost someone their job. This one is going to be really interesting.

Wendy's.

bowl game, my *** !!!
We need a new AD before we even consider hiring a new head coach. Blake is the head of the snake; if we don’t cut it off, we’re doomed to continue this cycle of misery.

My guess is he will fire Baker, hire an LB coach, name Banda DC but he will call plays.

This is the ultimate Diaz style move that will fool the fans into thinking we will be good all off-season now that “great DC manny is back!”.

Advertisement
My guess is he will fire Baker, hire an LB coach, name Banda DC but he will call plays.

This is the ultimate Diaz style move that will fool the fans into thinking we will be good all off-season now that “great DC manny is back!”.
It wouldn’t be acceptable to me. Banda has never called plays and, in my opinion, the only positive to having him on staff is his recruiting prowess.

Why don't Manny take a page out of mark richt book and just walk away. And go develop somewhere else.. his pride won't let him but I got a gut feeling this time around feels like a mark richt vibes 🤔🤔.. but our administration once again failed the fan base with 3 seconds searches 🤬🤬
Richt had been making millions a year for years, and was going to retire had he not tried a reboot at Miami.

Calm down all you coaching gurus, yall help run coach Searles out of here. He has the best offensive line in the conference🤔

Advertisement
Back