DHucks

There is a lot of mis-information in this thread.

The one thing that is correct is that members of the athletic staff do read the boards.

Not sure what you're inferring is misinformation. Something I've said?

The FSU rant might have been the nail in the coffin for you, but like any house guest that stays too long, you get comfortable and overstep some boundaries.

Example? We don't live in Florida. They came to us way more than we came to them. VT game was their doing, the pre game message before the FSU game, theirs too, banners, not our idea, YouTube video on them.

We wanted to go to Disney for a few days, go to a practice on Friday, a game on Saturday, and home on Sunday. They took us the duration of the week.

So again, what misinformation do you speak of, and what were the events leading up to this nail you speak of?

You're casting aspersions, I'm stating facts, feel free to join me, if not, then move along.

I'm not going to get into a mud throwing contest, especially on a message board, but just know that you ****ed off staff not because of what you said but because of the way you treated people as if they were employed by you and owed you something.

There is one thing for them to extend gratitude to you and MORE IMPORTANTLY Carter, but when it becomes a matter of entitlement, that is when the issue arises.

I am vocal about this staff not being the right fit here, and all of their flaws as there are many, however, what you are framing in your argument about them cutting you off over some stupid rant on a message board is simply untrue.

Not specific to DHucks but a major problem with this program and the school in general is that they all too often feel or act in a manner that expressly displays a belief that they do in fact owe you nothing.

Advertisement
Not sure what you're inferring is misinformation. Something I've said?

The FSU rant might have been the nail in the coffin for you, but like any house guest that stays too long, you get comfortable and overstep some boundaries.

Example? We don't live in Florida. They came to us way more than we came to them. VT game was their doing, the pre game message before the FSU game, theirs too, banners, not our idea, YouTube video on them.

We wanted to go to Disney for a few days, go to a practice on Friday, a game on Saturday, and home on Sunday. They took us the duration of the week.

So again, what misinformation do you speak of, and what were the events leading up to this nail you speak of?

You're casting aspersions, I'm stating facts, feel free to join me, if not, then move along.

I'm not going to get into a mud throwing contest, especially on a message board, but just know that you ****ed off staff not because of what you said but because of the way you treated people as if they were employed by you and owed you something.

There is one thing for them to extend gratitude to you and MORE IMPORTANTLY Carter, but when it becomes a matter of entitlement, that is when the issue arises.

I am vocal about this staff not being the right fit here, and all of their flaws as there are many, however, what you are framing in your argument about them cutting you off over some stupid rant on a message board is simply untrue.

This misses the whole point here.

In my mind, as a father of a very recent Cane grad, the primary mission of everyone at a university is to teach those who attend to be better prepared for life. If you work at the university you are either directly working with students to teach them or helping support the environment that is designed to provide that experience for the students. We trust that is what will happen when we send our kids to be in their care. (Within a football program this will actually help win games if done right)

I don’t care if DHucks started acting like Leona Helmsley or Donald Trump, which seems unlikely given his posts; if you freeze out a young boy who is ailing what message does that send to the “student athletes” who are placed in your charge? The university produced a video that enveloped this boy into the team and in the process encouraged players to open their hearts to his plight. Then, if we believe what is said here, supposedly the coaches didn’t like how dad acted they freeze the kid out. Aside from how the young lad feels, what kind of message is that to send to the players? They have to feel that if the coaches can do that to a young boy that they capable of doing the same to them if they step out of line. Those arent values that build families.

We might not have all the facts here. Nonetheless, from where I sit (admittedly 3000 miles away) it would sure seem to that they should have an open door policy for this young man. If I was coaching, aside from having an aggressive defense, this boy would be getting the very newest gear from Adidas on a regular basis. While it would serve the boy well it would also be a great lesson for those on the team about what a family really is. No family is perfect and without disagreements but true love & loyalty above all is pretty special. It looks to me that AG missed a perfect opportunity to teach that to those what loyalty REALLY is.

This whole subject saddens me. I look forward to the day I can cheer for both the CANES and the staff.

giphy.gif

I firmly believe that charity happens when people aren't looking. UM could have given Carter a great weekend and recorded it for posterity for Carter and his family, and it would have been an absolutely awesome gesture. The minute UM published that film, it was apparent to me that UM was looking for good PR and not solely looking to make a young boy going through tough times feel a little better. I commend UM for making Carter's wish come true, but I am bothered by the fact that they used this to get some good press.

As for UM cutting Carter off, that is extremely disappointing. If UM cut Carter off because of comments his father made regarding the quality of coaching at UM, that is truly disturbing and sad.

DHucks --- received the latest blog post notification and just wanted to say that it's great to hear that Carter is doing well. It sounds like it's been quite a year for you all. I hope for continued progress for Carter.

DHucks --- received the latest blog post notification and just wanted to say that it's great to hear that Carter is doing well. It sounds like it's been quite a year for you all. I hope for continued progress for Carter.

plus 10000000

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back