DEXTER WILLIAMS COMMITS

Impressive film, this kid has a lot of potential. His acceleration, balance and run strength remind me of David Wilson, and they have a similar running style as well.

Now if we just land Ozigbo then we will have a quality rotation of backs for the future. Williams in Duke's role, Yearby in Crawford's (former) role, Ozigbo in Edwards' role. Make it happen.

Advertisement
Update from rivals:

In January Dexter Williams was unknown. Once shining at the Nike Sparq Combine and releasing his highlights, he landed offers from Miami, UF, FAU, UGA, ND, OSU, South Carolina Tennessee, USC, Wisconsin and other schools.

Today he committed to UM, who was the first school to offer him back in February. He took an unofficial visit to Miami before the Spring Game.

The reason he committed Williams says, "I committed because I felt a lot of love from them and the connection I had with the coaches, it was just like I was at home," Williams said. "And I felt that this was somewhere that I needed to be. I had a good feeling in my gut that this was the place for me."

Williams was with his family and 2 HS coaches, he met with AG before the campus tour and before leaving campus. "When I got a chance to talk to coach Golden again I sat in the office with him and he talked with me and my parents and I told him I wanted to be a Cane," Williams said. "He was so happy, had a big smile on his face. He was fired up."

Williams was asked if his commitment is a don’t deal he stated, he was focused on Miami, but is still open. He is going to look at other schools but Miami is on his mind right now. He was asked what percent he ends up a Cane, he stated he didn’t want to put a percent on it.

He feels comfortable with Hurlie Brown, says he can relate to him, reminds him of himself. They have a great connection and have that feeling they have known each other forever.

He says he thinks the future of the Cane program "is going to be amazing. I want to be a part of it. I know I can help the program. We're going to get this thing rolling."

https://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1630744

The headliner of our 2015 class shows no sunshine. We back!

@dexterw_22: They told me I would never be nothing. I told them JUST WAIT ON IT!! #CANES #MIAMIBOUND #D1 #THEU

24.png

He has that chip on his shoulder

Welcome to the U, Dexter. Make them eat their words!

Impressive film, this kid has a lot of potential. His acceleration, balance and run strength remind me of David Wilson, and they have a similar running style as well.

Now if we just land Ozigbo then we will have a quality rotation of backs for the future. Williams in Duke's role, Yearby in Crawford's (former) role, Ozigbo in Edwards' role. Make it happen.

Forget the roles, get the Best backs you can get. What's this obsession with a "big back" that people started with.

Would take Gio Bernard, lamar miller, duke Johnson, joe Yearby, Alex Collins, Dalvin Cook, and Sony Michel over this oziggy guy and some of these other so called "big backs".

Advertisement
Yearby in Crawford's former role???? Yearby is the second leading rusher in Dade County All-Time. He's coming here to break records. Crawford's former role? Maybe if you mean leading the team in rushing TDs.

Update from rivals:

In January Dexter Williams was unknown. Once shining at the Nike Sparq Combine and releasing his highlights, he landed offers from Miami, UF, FAU, UGA, ND, OSU, South Carolina Tennessee, USC, Wisconsin and other schools.

Today he committed to UM, who was the first school to offer him back in February. He took an unofficial visit to Miami before the Spring Game.

The reason he committed Williams says, "I committed because I felt a lot of love from them and the connection I had with the coaches, it was just like I was at home," Williams said. "And I felt that this was somewhere that I needed to be. I had a good feeling in my gut that this was the place for me."

Williams was with his family and 2 HS coaches, he met with AG before the campus tour and before leaving campus. "When I got a chance to talk to coach Golden again I sat in the office with him and he talked with me and my parents and I told him I wanted to be a Cane," Williams said. "He was so happy, had a big smile on his face. He was fired up."

Williams was asked if his commitment is a don’t deal he stated, he was focused on Miami, but is still open. He is going to look at other schools but Miami is on his mind right now. He was asked what percent he ends up a Cane, he stated he didn’t want to put a percent on it.

He feels comfortable with Hurlie Brown, says he can relate to him, reminds him of himself. They have a great connection and have that feeling they have known each other forever.

He says he thinks the future of the Cane program "is going to be amazing. I want to be a part of it. I know I can help the program. We're going to get this thing rolling."

https://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1630744

That's now considered a commitment?

Advertisement

Forget the roles, get the Best backs you can get. What's this obsession with a "big back" that people started with.

Would take Gio Bernard, lamar miller, duke Johnson, joe Yearby, Alex Collins, Dalvin Cook, and Sony Michel over this oziggy guy and some of these other so called "big backs".

Cool. Whenever you get a chance to hop in your time machine, go ahead and sign those guys up. Thanks

Remember his performance at the Sparq Combine that initially set off his buzz?

He improved on those numbers last month by posting a 44.5" vertical and 4.01 short shuttle. His 131.37 score is the second best in the nation this year. Earned an invite to The Opening.

Williams is an athletic freak of the highest order. Absolutely enormous commit.

Are you serious? 44.5? Holy Cow! We're going to have some phenomenal leapers when that high jumper from NJ gets here, not to mention some of the kids who might come from basketball.

Welcome to the :neonu: !

Great get from a part of the state where we dont usually do too well.

Not true. Over the years, we've gotten many of the best from Orlando and the surrounding area: Warren Sapp, Leon Searcy, Kennard Lang, Horace Copeland, Brandon Merriweather. We just haven't done much there lately. We'll get back on track in the central part of the state. It's comin'.

Advertisement
146.jpg

YRN Flex!
@DexterW_22
Loving the U! #Hurricanes #TheU!
12:39pm- 12 April 14

Must be the playbooks on the desk behind him. Look huge, but I don't know what a college playbook looks like these days. I haven't seen a playbook since I was in HS and that was a million years ago.

128.gif

Had to bring Cheryl back for this one! Wow! Dex Williams is a ****** stud! I've been saying since I saw his highlights a few months back that this kid was the best RB I'd seen thus far in this class. I really hope we keep him here and stack that RB stable. Fantastic haul.

For all the head scratchers we have had with this staff and not offering kids early enough, they got this one right. Got on him first and it paid off, great pull by the staff.

Advertisement
He committed because the U is on his mind right now. Still open.

I guess that's the reality of nearly all recruits this early today.

He committed because the U is on his mind right now. Still open.

I guess that's the reality of nearly all recruits this early today.

Yea im scratching my head on that one
it's a nice way of saying "I'm still taking my visits, getting hooked up with free gear, getting some cash, banging some hot blonds and seeing some cool places i've never seen before for free". What would you do? :drevil:
176.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back