Dewan Huell not playing tonight

No. Our athletic department brought the NCAA into it.
tc, that's a little different story than you were pushing before, i.e., that it was all on UM's idiocy and that the Ath Dept could put him back on the court anytime they wanted. Which now seems was never the case.

Advertisement
tc, that's a little different story than you were pushing before, i.e., that it was all on UM's idiocy and that the Ath Dept could put him back on the court anytime they wanted. Which now seems was never the case.

There is no change to the story. UM suspended him and brought in the NCAA to rule on his eligibility. The NCAA refuses to clear him so UM continues to sit him.

Ultimately the U did the right thing to protect the team and the season. Unwritten contracts(oral commitments) can still be considered a violation.

Hernandez is done here. Nothing to do but brace for one of those painful seasons of high effort and low wins.

Ultimately the U did the right thing to protect the team and the season. Unwritten contracts(oral commitments) can still be considered a violation.

Hernandez is done here. Nothing to do but brace for one of those painful seasons of high effort and low wins.

Protect what team and season? Were we going to get our national championship banner torn down? The basketball program is finished for the foreseeable future. No recruit with options will come here (nor should they). The administration is an utter embarrassment. $6 conference tickets is the future. Brace for that.

Also, shouldn't the NCAA strip us of all wins the previous two seasons, as well as NCAAT appearances, because we were playing an ineligible player who told an agent he planned to eventually sign with him despite receiving no consideration? I think that would be reasonable given the circumstances.

Advertisement
Also, shouldn't the NCAA strip us of all wins the previous two seasons, as well as NCAAT appearances, because we were playing an ineligible player who told an agent he planned to eventually sign with him despite receiving no consideration? I think that would be reasonable given the circumstances.
The NCAA is like a judge. They have a range of **** they can do to solve a problem. If they wanted to make more of it, they probably could.

When I say protect the team, we could be 0-12 right now had we jumped ahead of the NCAA and there would be no chance for an NIT even. At least now we can all pretend that maybe there's a chance we can make it. At least the kids on the team can still believe that this season has some meaning.

I think now is the right time for DJ to do his superman routine. He scored some crazy 20 points in 8 minutes or something last year. It was against scrubs but he's starting now so he needs to go for it.

What do we have to lose?

The NCAA is like a judge. They have a range of **** they can do to solve a problem. If they wanted to make more of it, they probably could.

When I say protect the team, we could be 0-12 right now had we jumped ahead of the NCAA and there would be no chance for an NIT even. At least now we can all pretend that maybe there's a chance we can make it. At least the kids on the team can still believe that this season has some meaning.

I appreciate your glass half full mentality. Unfortunately the season is over and the program is buried.

Miami sports will be mired in mediocrity until Blake James is gone and a competent AD is brought in who is devoted to winning.

Advertisement
Hypothetically (and in my opinion likely) Dewan told the Compliance Dept when interviewed some aspect of communications with Dawkins or his associates with himself or his friends and family. It didn't rise to a criminal event, but UM was reasonably concerned about it to not sit on it, but submit the info to the NCAA in the guise of "request for ruling/judgment". Maybe some disagree with that, even in light of UM's troubled NCAA past, but trashing the AD or Compliance Dept for this specific handling action does not seem warranted to me.

NCAA came back negative, as in ain't good ain't cleared. UM appealed and the review board confirmed that judgment. There are other appeals and actions UM can take (and perhaps will) but I'm not sure there is much to bash or trash about Um's handling of this specific incident.

TCgrad again already pointed this out.

Miami’s compliance department ran by Craig Anderson drilled Dewan to get info about the report that came out in FBI scandal, and we submitted that to ncaa to make a ruling.

Has any other of the 18 players implicated sitting out or miss time? Did their school voluntarily bring in the incompetent ncaa to rule on their kids?

Miami screwed Dewan by even attempting to be the “goodie two shoes” school they want to be or think they are.

It’s like when you do something wrong as a kid, and you’re like instead of just sitting on it and moving along you’re like Dad I did this thinking he would be proud if you for telling him and pat you on your back say “thanks Son”, but instead he beats your sss.

Advertisement
Back