Devonte Bond’s potential

I expect McCord & Bond to each have around 4-6 sacks this year.

Much more realistic.

SMH...So a full year worth of valuable playing time and experience coupled with all the hard work in the off season, is only worth something like a .02% gain the following year? ....geesh!

Just wait & see....your being too optimistic right now. Look at chick, another year & more weight doesn't guarantee more success. Also, I gotta say is look back at all of McCords sacks last season. He got lucky on 1.5/2 of them if I remember correctly.

Advertisement
The reason teams recruit jucos is because they're instant contributers. Most are 20-21 and are physically ready to play, K State has been living with this Bill Snyders entire career.

I doubt Bond has double figure sacks but the reasons mentioned by the Gaytor makes no sense.

Bond is 240 so the size is just fine for a pass rusher so I don't get that argument .

Btw, heres some of the top sack guys in the NCAA last year ( all are in the top 20).

Jamie Collins 6'4 239
I listed a combination on reasons why. Coming from JUCO , weight , scheme and other people on the team. Players like Barr and Jarvis Jones play in a 3-4 as OLB/DE. I even touched on that the scheme would have to change for him to play DE. But go ahead and ignore those comments. Have Bond play DE in a 4-3 and see how people run right at him all year and wear him the **** out.

Bottom line is 10 sacks is a lot and for a variety of reasons it is unrealistic. More realistic is McCord and Bond combine for 10 and Chickillo gets 6 or 7. That is 16 or 17 just between 3 people.

You mentioned weight and not being an EE in the post I read and that makes no sense. There's been lots of jucos to show up in fall and ball out. Like I mentioned " I doubt he gets double digit sacks" but the two example above is not why.

Schematically ? That makes sense , I'll give ya that but weight and not EE I can't.

The reason teams recruit jucos is because they're instant contributers. Most are 20-21 and are physically ready to play, K State has been living with this Bill Snyders entire career.

I doubt Bond has double figure sacks but the reasons mentioned by the Gaytor makes no sense.

Bond is 240 so the size is just fine for a pass rusher so I don't get that argument .

Btw, heres some of the top sack guys in the NCAA last year ( all are in the top 20).

Jamie Collins 6'4 239
I listed a combination on reasons why. Coming from JUCO , weight , scheme and other people on the team. Players like Barr and Jarvis Jones play in a 3-4 as OLB/DE. I even touched on that the scheme would have to change for him to play DE. But go ahead and ignore those comments. Have Bond play DE in a 4-3 and see how people run right at him all year and wear him the **** out.

Bottom line is 10 sacks is a lot and for a variety of reasons it is unrealistic. More realistic is McCord and Bond combine for 10 and Chickillo gets 6 or 7. That is 16 or 17 just between 3 people.

You mentioned weight and not being an EE in the post I read and that makes no sense. There's been lots of jucos to show up in fall and ball out. Like I mentioned " I doubt he gets double digit sacks" but the two example above is not why.

Schematically ? That makes sense , I'll give ya that but weight and not EE I can't.

well if you are playing a 4-3 and he is a DE then weight is a problem they go hand and hand. Not being and EE also has an impact. Why do you think coaches push for JUCO's to be EE's so bad?

anybody heard his status on enrolling? thought i heard awhile back that UM admissions rejected him. just wondering... might have been a rumor.

Advertisement
Back