Devonta Smith

Advertisement
Quick update:

Some tiger fan made a post in the LSU board:

"Guy's I'm telling this thing is coming down to the wire. He had a long talk with his grandpa today and he is all LSU. I think Coach O is meeting with the family tonight. Tiger Stadium being close to his home is becoming a factor. Geaux get him Coach eaux."

Whole thread is whether people believe him or if it's inevitably going to amount to nothing and have him bama bound. Multiple page threads, and people haven't mentioned miami as a threat once. Even FSU gets mentioned before us in this recruitment.

Quick update:

"Guy's I'm telling this thing is coming down to the wire. He had a long talk with his grandpa today and he is all LSU. I think Coach O is meeting with the family tonight. Tiger Stadium being close to his home is becoming a factor. Geaux get him Coach eaux."

Whole thread is whether people believe him or if it's inevitably going to amount to nothing and have him bama bound. Multiple page threads, and people haven't mentioned miami as a threat once. Even FSU gets mentioned before us in this recruitment.

Perfect. Just how Richt likes it.

Advertisement
Quick update:

And what I posted came for the leading insider from lsu 247 who mentioned Miami, bama 247 mentioned Miami in their latest info on smith too and they both have sources as good as it gets.

Quick update:

And what I posted came for the leading insider from lsu 247 who mentioned Miami, bama 247 mentioned Miami in their latest info on smith too and they both have sources as good as it gets.

Yeah I think that a good number of people are just handing out farts as info on Smith. If you don't have Miami as a legit contender, you're handing out farts.

Advertisement
I'll admit that's why I haven't understood all the confidence with Smith as literally no one outside of UM fans is even considering us a option for Smith. I have taken the stance I will love to get him but if he does what everyone else expects and picks Bama or LSU then so be it as Pouncy ( who I believe we are getting regardless of SMith) , Harley , Thomas and Njoku is a **** great wr class.

I'll admit that's why I haven't understood all the confidence with Smith as literally no one outside of UM fans is even considering us a option for Smith. I have taken the stance I will love to get him but if he does what everyone else expects and picks Bama or LSU then so be it as Pouncy ( who I believe we are getting regardless of SMith) , Harley , Thomas and Njoku is a **** great wr class.

It's amazing how many people in here think we get him when no one and I mean no one has even mentioned it as a possibility.

Bama getting worried about smith

From lsu 247 earlier in the day
**** A ton of coaches have come through Amite High this week, and LSU is still pursuing Devonta Smith. They will visit with him at the school and then at his house as multiple LSU coaches are set to go see him. Smith has not come to a final decision and I can sense the Alabama side feels like they will get him, but they are getting nervous. That said, I think they are more worried about FSU and Miami. Sources on the LSU side remain the same as they don’t feel Smith will be a Tiger. If things change, that shift will have happened in the final week. That’s there feeling going into his trip to Miami
Bump just posted this and that was from earlier

Everyone is throwing crap on the wall hoping it sticks. I won't get excited until the ink dries.

To me, it looks like we'll have Njoku, Harley, and Pouncey. Thomas and Smith, that would be a killer final two. Thomas seems the more likely of the two, where else is he going? Smith, plays it as close to the vast as any recruit I've seen in 15 years of recruiting and has multiple big options.

Five in one class would be pretty unusual. Granted it was running back, but in '04 we got Jones, Washington, Johnson, and Thomas. So we'll see, just something has to give and until I see othwrwise, I'm reservedly guarded when I think Smith may come.

Advertisement

It's amazing how many people in here think we get him when no one and I mean no one has even mentioned it as a possibility.

Pay attention. The SEC honks are the only ones discussing Smith. And SEC honks only think highly regarded guys with 2 SEC options will choose one of them.

Everyone is guessing on Smith. SEC scumbags will always guess SEC.

Smith has Cane written all over him.

Advertisement
We'll know more after his visit. It's weird that he spent the majority of his Bama visit in his hotel room. If he was dead set on going there wouldn't he want to bond with the players and check out hicktown?

Everyone is throwing crap on the wall hoping it sticks. I won't get excited until the ink dries.

To me, it looks like we'll have Njoku, Harley, and Pouncey. Thomas and Smith, that would be a killer final two. Thomas seems the more likely of the two, where else is he going? Smith, plays it as close to the vast as any recruit I've seen in 15 years of recruiting and has multiple big options.

Five in one class would be pretty unusual. Granted it was running back, but in '04 we got Jones, Washington, Johnson, and Thomas. So we'll see, just something has to give and until I see othwrwise, I'm reservedly guarded when I think Smith may come.

Thomas comin'

We'll know more after his visit. It's weird that he spent the majority of his Bama visit in his hotel room. If he was dead set on going there wouldn't he want to bond with the players and check out hicktown?

He has been there like 10 times already.

Advertisement
Back