Devonta a silent?

This is the first 5 star that if he comes here ill be like blah.....i dont know if its me but maybe it is he doesntwow me man.....someone spit some knowledge on me i was all juedy over this kid. [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] @ anyonewhoknowsfootball

Devonta Smith can play. Louisiana ain't no slouch when it comes to churning D1 talent.

Idont care if the kid was from sfla looming at his film he gets by with speed and his seperation isnt all that. Ill still take him but i just dont see the crazy like others

Advertisement
The kid is pretty special. He is not at the same level as Richards but not too far off. He would really benefit from a college weight program. I would take him sec.

Another shakeup for Scout 5-star wide receiver Devonta Smith - Lsu - Scout

It's been almost a month since Scout five-star Amite (La.) wide receiver Devonta Smith postponed his decision to commit to a college following the flooding in Louisiana. While his new decision date is National Signing Day, a lot has already changed since that decision to postpone was made.

Namely, Smith has had a few schools like TCU and Texas enter the fold while LSU has completely dropped off from communicating with Smith. There's still Alabama, Tennessee and Miami (Fla.) as major players for his signature too.

The biggest surprise is LSU dropping off communication with Smith as the Tigers were thought to have earned their way back into the fold when many thought the 6-1, 160-pound receiver was set to commit to the Tide. That doesn't appear to be the case now.

"Not really. I haven't talked to anyone there. I've started talking to (other) coaches again, but I haven't talked to LSU ever since I postponed my decision. They have not contacted me," Smith said. "To me, it really doesn't mean nothing because it is what it is. That shows me that they say I'm a top target, but they're not talking to me, which shows me a lot."

Smith still plans to get to LSU for the Tigers' game against Alabama though. It will take a huge effort for LSU to get back into it.
"I started all the way over, but what they'll (LSU) have to do, it'd have to be a lot. I've been talking to other schools lately."

The No. 1 wide receiver in the South made another trip to Tuscaloosa this weekend for Alabama's win over Western Kentucky, where he was welcomed with open arms by Nick Saban and company.

"It's a great place to be and a good atmosphere. I really like what they're doing with the atmosphere. It's SEC football. I'm pretty sure all the games are like that. I really like it. It's a great team effort and I really like what they're doing with it."

The No. 22 player in the Scout 300 was impressed with what Alabama receivers coach Billy Napier was telling him before the game about the offense. Watching Calvin Ridley and ArDarius Stewart perform well with two young quarterbacks is a big positive for Smith.

"The way that the coaches interacted with their position groups and tell them what they need to do during the game. He (Napier) were telling me what they were planning to do and how I fit into the offense," Smith said. "They really opened up the offense. To me, it seems like they're throwing the ball more than running it. What they're doing with Calvin, that's big because once he leaves, I would go there and be in his position and get moved around a lot. I know for sure I have a quarterback there. They both stood out."

The only two schools that Smith knows for sure he take official visits to are Tennessee and Miami (Fla.), both of which have great relationships with Smith.

"I talk to Miami with coach Dugans and coach Richt every day. We talk a lot. Tennessee, we talk here and there, but they're contacting me. I was planning on going to Miami for the Florida State game, but we have an away game then. I gotta see with Tennessee if we have a home or away game."

TCU offensive line coach Jarrett Anderson and Texas defensive line coach Brick Haley both have Smith ready to take a hard look at the Horned Frogs and Longhorns. Both schools are relatively new to Smith's recruitment, but boast wide open offenses.

"I've been talking to their coaches a lot. I know they're (TCU) going to air it out from what the coaching staff says. I've talked to a lot of Louisiana people up there and they tell me that they love it. We (Anderson and I) talk every two days. Relationship is coming good," Scout's No. 2 wide receiver in 2017 said. "(Texas is saying) Just come and check the place out. Their offense is pretty open too and they're on the come up. It shows me that coach Strong is doing something good. Last year, it was off to a slow start, but it shows this year that it's building a lot."

The future kinesiology major plans to get back to Alabama for the Texas A&M game, to Tennessee for the Alabama game, to Texas for the TCU game as of now.

Whether those end up being officials or just trips, Smith will work out soon. Smith hasn't seen everything he's needed to see from a school to commit yet, which is why he now has Signing Day as his commitment date, but he knows what he needs to see.

"I haven't seen it yet, but playing time and a great relationship with the coaching staff. I want a school that really wants me and a school that I feel is telling me what's real."

Smith sat out practice on Monday with a bicep injury from lifting weights, but says it isn't too serious. His Amite team is poised for a deep playoff run and Smith thinks the team can win a state championship.

"Right now, we need to stay focused and stay disciplined. That's what has been getting us these last two games. If we do that throughout the whole season, a state championship should be easy."

Last edited:
Advertisement
This kid has no pop.

I know everyone says he's the next best thing for this class (and I agree), but I still think he's not half the prospect Jeudy is.

Advertisement
Sounds like he really loves him some Bama. He's buying the "you're the next Cal Ridley" pitch.
I really like the way he sh*t on LSU...

But the Bama talk is definitely disappointing... These kids just ******' love Bama, lol

Yeah most his official visits are to see other schools on the weekend Alabama plays them. Alabama is definitely the favorite. He visits there all the time too.

Advertisement
Bama, we need to jump on Hartley

THACHPKQQTTBHPX.20160812140126.jpg

What has this man done to deserve being jumped on?

Advertisement
Lol wowsso what happened to him talking about how he wants to play and the winning matters but not as much if he's on the bench?

After I read this my first thought was, is there anyway we flip Jeudy?

That was my first thought too cause if they're telling him that wth did they tell Jeudy lol

They tell all of them exactly what they told Jeudy and the kids believe it.Then,some sit the bench for a few seasons,never play a down,and transfer out to JC.I hope he is smarter than that.Look at the wr's already there.

He has to take an official I feel for us to have a legit chance. I just want back the super fast WRs we used to have, even if they're not highly rated

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back