Devonaire Clarington UM lock now?

I will come out and say what is apparent point blank Champagnat Catholic is telling the kids they can get them money from Schools right now as a little taste of the type of money they will get when they play for school X. They are also telling them they can get them into XYZ all star games and on TV when they play for state. They are telling these come be a star in the smaller dvision and you will get noticed faster than playing in the large divisions. The whole be a big fish in a small pond mind philosphy. They are are also telling them they will take care of the athlete in the classroom to make sure they get the grades needed one way or another.

Why would a kid want to play at school that has no field and no weight room, unless they are getting a major incentive. The school practices in a park.

An you ask what does the school get for making a deal with the devil by letting Genron set up his player for sale brokerage, well they get a ton of publicity which in turn makes regular full tuition paying type kids want to attend the school thus increasing in enrollment and revenue.

The Bag Man has a willing feeder institution in Champagnat Catholic that will go out at get the kids they have interest in, then handle them in almost mini-farming system. Here is an article on how the bagman works and then consider what Genron is doing.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview

Here is the ESPN Outside the lines where JON "genron" DRUMMOND openly admits to be paying paid as a go between for colleges and athletes.

Here is the link.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=6600377

Here is another story where Drummond openly talks bad about Clemson, an I thought it was the head coach that ran the program not the assistants.

http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2012/06/06/this-high-school-assistant-doest-much-like-us-dabo-swinney-or-this-state/

Go Canes

What you mention about the school coming out about the money unfortunately can not be only said about this school. The people I have spoken with involved with Champagnat never mentioned that to me. The mention about bags of money is a conversation that is brought up constantly everywhere because there are so many middle men in south Florida it's ridiculous.

Besides the money a lot of private schools are also saying the same thing about playing for a smaller school and standing out while making a deeper run into the playoffs so I don't hold that against anyone because that is all about the kid and exposure.

Advertisement
These guys must be the luckiest people on the planet to mysteriously get a $2000 winning scratch off (untraceable private funding source, cough cough cough bagman) in the week before the state title game, that they used to fund their trip up to Orlando. Hmmmm, just makes you wonder.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/12/06/3801928/champagnat-captures-2a-state-football.html

Champagnat captures 2A state football title with 14-7 win
BY Manny Navarro

Kato Nelson couldn’t watch. So he buried his head in his hands, turned his back to the field and started to pray.
“When I heard the fans on our side of the field start to yell and scream, I knew our defense had stopped them,” Champagnat Catholic’s sophomore starting quarterback said. “No better feeling in the world than being state champs.”

Four years ago, the prospect of having a football program at Champagnat, a tiny Catholic private school in Hialeah with 210 students, seemed like a long shot. They had no practice field, no weight room and no budget.

Friday afternoon, the Lions — who used a $2,000 winning scratch off ticket to fund their trip to the Citrus Bowl — captured their first state championship, a heart-pounding 14-7 victory against Lakeland Victory Christian in the Class 2A final.

“It was scary,” said Lions coach Mike Tunsil, whose team led 14-0 entering the fourth quarter but needed three defensive stops deep in its own territory to preserve a 14-0 season.

“Everybody knows we’ve been through a lot. We have to catch a bus just to go to practice. We had to earn this one, but it definitely shows that through hard work anything can happen.”

Through three quarters, Champagnat’s defense, led by 6-4, 320-pound tackle and U.S. Army All-American Travonte Valentine, were in complete control. A pair of touchdown runs by junior tailback Michael Fredrick — a 4-yarder in the first quarter and a 10-yarder on the opening drive of the second half — made a 14-0 lead feel like it was insurmountable.

But after Victory Christian quarterback Caleb Lewis engineered a 6-play, 60-yard scoring drive in under two minutes to trim the Lions lead in half with 6:24 to play the pressure was on Champagnat.

A quick three-and-out quickly put the ball back in Lewis’ hands at the Victory 45-yard line. Five plays later, the Storm (10-4) had a 3rd-and-one at the Champagnat 31-yard line. Tunsil called time out. But even after coming out of the break, the Lions had one too many players on the field.

As Champagnat defensive coordinator Jon Drummond tried to wave linebacker Nathaniel Holloway off the field, Lewis, sensing a penalty and an easy first down, quickly asked his center to snap the ball. He took it and quickly took a knee. But the refs never threw the flag. On fourth down, Lewis couldn’t connect with his receiver and Champagnat took over on downs with 2:34 remaining.

“We got away with one,” Tunsil said afterward. “There were 12 men on the field. The ref on our side missed it. A smart quarterback saw 12 men on the field and took a knee. It came back to bite him because the ref missed it.”

Champagnat forced Victory to use two of its three time outs, but only used up 23 seconds on its ensuing possession after a third-down pass by Nelson fell incomplete. Victory took over at its own 42 and drove to the Champagnat 19 with 1:17 remaining. But on first down Valentine came crashing through the line for a sack and an 8-yard loss. An incomplete pass and a screen play that gained only one yard led to fourth down. Lewis fired a pass toward running back Brice Ford in the end zone, but it was well short and incomplete.

“We knew we couldn’t come out here and just throw the ball on the field, make our receivers tired when we have guys going both ways,” Tunsil said. “We had to play smart, run the ball and control them on defense. We basically put in their hands.”

The Lions produced two interceptions (Antione Webster and Calvin Foster each had one), five sacks (Travorie McRae 2, Keddrick Labady 2, Valentine 1) and allowed just 193 yards in the game.

“Taking a trophy home is definitely icing on the cake,” said athletic director Isabel Alonso, whose parents founded Champagnat Catholic in 1968 and started the football program after he mother passed away in 2010.

“For me it’s all about these guys getting ready for the next level, getting to college. That’s our goal as a school. But to go home with this kind of memory today and these kids knowing they did something great, phenomenal something we’ll never forget. If my mom was here, she would be out there jumping and screaming with these boys.”

Advertisement
The story is about SEC Bagmen and Bagmen in general is true. I had a family member and know a few other kids that were top recruits. When coaches would ask them to visit they would say, 1. I can't afford to come up there, they'd say they are allowed to pay. 2. My people ain't got money for me to eat or nothing nice to wear. 3. Plus they can't give me spending money. 4. We need all the money we got to buy a new car. 5. I don't want to go far from home because my people ain't got money to come see me. 6. If OOS school, If I stay close to home my family can come help me if I need some money, clothes or transportation.

This lets the schools know what they need to do and many invariably do some of your vague requests. I personally don't like the gayters because I know them to be "plantation owners". But despite my advice the lure of job promotion, $17,000 raise, preferred hours and a sweetheart deal on a car was too much. Now the gayter alumni bag men are not to be toyed with. He made it clear, don't sign and big momma could be one of those downsizing casualties left with no job, car note and house being bought from underneath them. He signed, had a stellar career and now in NFL.

@TheStateOfTheU: Champagnat WR Steven Claude RT @Gy_Lucky: Yes I will be attending University of Miami's camp this weekend

Advertisement
@dev_go_deep: Had a nice talk with my dad n the Miami coaches yesterday 🙌🙌🙌 #canes #miami #gocanes #UM

Clarington ^^

Advertisement
Back