Devils advocate

What do you mean cannot recruit...we have studs...where did Rambo come from? TVD? need I go on, he's recruited incredibly but now is handicaped by all the demand to get him fired, it is a shame and a sham!
If he can recruit why are we playing a walk-on at LB? Wasn't that his position group when he was the DC under Richt?

How's the current class doing BTW?

Advertisement
I'm not a Harbaugh fan. Think the dude is really overrated. Taking 7 years to beat FSU? **** nah.

I don't expect Mario (or anyone else) to work miracles. Program has been in the sh*tter for years. It's going to take some time to build it up. By year 3 I expect to be controlling our own ACC destiny. I expect to not be getting boat raced by the UNCs of the world. I expect that FIU not be competitive on the same grass as UM. And I expect bowl wins. Those are the things I want to see in the near term. Show me those things and I'll have some patience heading into year 4.

Advertisement
What do you mean cannot recruit...we have studs...where did Rambo come from? TVD? need I go on, he's recruited incredibly but now is handicaped by all the demand to get him fired, it is a shame and a sham!
He's recruited incredibly???...No tf he hasn't...C'mon man....there hasn't been a coach at UM that's recruited "Incredibly" since Butch...please stop the madness....

Advertisement
You are comparing Harbaugh who went to the Super Bowl to Manny Diaz, a defensive head coach who cannot recruit and who’s defense sucks.

1638228525356.gif

I'm not a Harbaugh fan. Think the dude is really overrated. Taking 7 years to beat FSU? **** nah.

I don't expect Mario (or anyone else) to work miracles. Program has been in the sh*tter for years. It's going to take some time to build it up. By year 3 I expect to be controlling our own ACC destiny. I expect to not be getting boat raced by the UNCs of the world. I expect that FIU not be competitive on the same grass as UM. And I expect bowl wins. Those are the things I want to see in the near term. Show me those things and I'll have some patience heading into year 4.
Championship or bust?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Manny beat FSU what 2 years in a row and 2-3 few times as DC.. if Mario cant at least beat them 3 times in a five year span.. then that’ll spell bad for him.. especially looks like FSU is going to be in the dumpster for a while.

I believe you have it backwards. If they didn’t win a title within the first four years, it never happened. Good coaches get results quickly
I worded it weirdly. I re-read mine and still think it's the same as you're trying to say but yeah that was my point thanks

Harbaugh's first three years at Michigan: 10 wins, 10 wins, 8 wins. Then in year 4 he won 10 again. All in the Big Ten East, which most years is a tough (albeit top heavy) division. And they play Wisconsin every year in their crossover game. The biggest red flag for Harbaugh was that he kept choking in the marquee games, which very Lloyd Carr-ish...but as we have seen, Mario actually has the opposite problem...he gets his teams up for the big ones, but sometimes drops a dumb one (like Stanford this year).

My point is, this isn't apples to apples, but even if it was, I think Mario putting up ~40 wins in his first four seasons would buy him some time with the rational people on this board (which admittedly isn't everyone).

Advertisement
Back