Devils advocate

jsy

Recruit
This past weekend old khaki pants finally beat osu
That was literally the game he was hired to win
It took him 7 years
And finally he hasn’t won a conf title and he’s lost a lot of games he shouldn’t have

Let’s say we get Mario and his results look similar
Would the fan base have the patience or is Mario a corch if he doesn’t win big by year 3?

I keep wondering this Bc harbaugh was considered a much more established coach than Mario before taking this job and he’s also a pretty good recruiter

Advertisement
I am historically in the boat that all coaches should get 4 years (unless the first 3 are terrible)

some stat was posted not too long ago that all titles in the last two decades were from coaches who were at their schools for 4 years or less

to answer your question though, no, miami fans do not have the patience

Advertisement
It took him 7 years
And finally he hasn’t won a conf title and he’s lost a lot of games he shouldn’t have

Would the fan base have the patience or is Mario a corch if he doesn’t win big by year 3?

I keep wondering this Bc harbaugh was considered a much more established coach than Mario before taking this job and he’s also a pretty good recruiter
No one can predict the future and we again we try with a sixth coach into the unknown...whereas we have a coach that is improving. Mario Cristobal overall record 62-59, just barely .500.

You are comparing Harbaugh who went to the Super Bowl to Manny Diaz, a defensive head coach who cannot recruit and who’s defense sucks.
What do you mean cannot recruit...we have studs...where did Rambo come from? TVD? need I go on, he's recruited incredibly but now is handicaped by all the demand to get him fired, it is a shame and a sham!

Advertisement
If Mario is getting blown out by fsu year 4 5 6 you know we would be flying the banners
It amazes me how much time he got

If Mario is getting blown out by fsu year 4 5 6 you know we would be flying the banners
It amazes me how much time he got
He at least was keeping team competitive in Big ten and ranked we've done neither. In 3 years if said coach is still losing to teams under .500 and producing an embarrassing product on the field he should be fired. Don't think there should be a wins minimum but most know what competent football looks like. Just watch anything Miami does and it's the opposite.

What do you mean cannot recruit...we have studs...where did Rambo come from? TVD? need I go on, he's recruited incredibly but now is handicaped by all the demand to get him fired, it is a shame and a sham!
Cannot recruit. He got the covid year where he did well. He is not ever the primary recruiter on any of these guys though. His class sucked before his awful on the field results this year anyway. He is horrific and wouldn’t even get a P5 DC job.
Also, noice the names you named for top recruits are all offensive players. What does that tell you?

Last edited:
I am historically in the boat that all coaches should get 4 years (unless the first 3 are terrible)

some stat was posted not too long ago that all titles in the last two decades were from coaches who were at their schools for 4 years or less

to answer your question though, no, miami fans do not have the patience
I believe you have it backwards. If they didn’t win a title within the first four years, it never happened. Good coaches get results quickly

Advertisement
No one can predict the future and we again we try with a sixth coach into the unknown...whereas we have a coach that is improving. Mario Cristobal overall record 62-59, just barely .500.
The problem with manny is that he s a good recruiter but not good enough to out talent his garbage scheme and lack of fundamentals

It took him 7 years

Advertisement
He at least was keeping team competitive in Big ten and ranked we've done neither. In 3 years if said coach is still losing to teams under .500 and producing an embarrassing product on the field he should be fired. Don't think there should be a wins minimum but most know what competent football looks like. Just watch anything Miami does and it's the opposite.
I agree with you
I just want to see a fundamentally sound team going forward
I think Mario will do that at the minimum

It took him 7 years

In all fairness, Ohio State has been **** good the last 7 years. Who on our schedule looks ANYTHING like Ohio State on a yearly basis? ****, if we played Ohio State every year, Manny would be gone already, because I guarantee you there would be some 50 point losses already.

It depends..OSU has owned UofM way before kacky pants got there..FSUvs Miami has never been proven hat lopsided. Each schools go on runs from time to time. But OSU vs Michigan OSU has owned in my lifetime..I just don’t think the 2 are all that comparable tbh

Advertisement
Back