Details on Friday meeting between Blake James and large donors

View as article
You really think Manny wants Highsmith here with any power?

it was reported by ivins and ferman that manny did want him. either way, it isnt good for a CFB program to have a dude overstepping the HC on every move they make regardless of our situation. we def need the help, but no future coach would come here with that set up (even mario). HCs are GMs in college. id rather have zo here as aball boy than nothing at all bc he can def help the entire dept get their **** together football wise

Advertisement
Ivins don’t know everything
Zo might of initially said no, but they can still be negotiating on money and job responsibilities. They are obviously both interested in making something happen though.

Zo might of initially said no, but they can still be negotiating on money and job responsibilities. They are obviously both interested in making something happen though.

this. its obvious both are trying to leverage each other. its easy for zo now to say no when hes still tech employed.

this. its obvious both are trying to leverage each other. its easy for zo now to say no when hes still tech employed.
Im actually encouraged by the fact they are still talking, after it has been reported that zo turned it down.

It’s distasteful at best to brag about how you were better than a dead teammate.

So now you've gone from "besmirching" to "distasteful at best".

Allow me to review...when I evaluate who I trust, who I believe, who I will allow to "call names" or to "be called names"...

And I compare a person who lies about whether he is *** (in order to make *** jokes) and who calls Dan Sileo "human scum" because, apparently, he did not "besmirch" Jerome Brown's name, so much as merely "distastefully at best" bragging about being a harder worker than Jerome Brown (and asking you to verify such claim with a still-alive former head coach)...

Yeah, I may not be a huge fan of Dan Sileo, but I certainly wouldn't call him a "clown" or "scum" because he thinks he worked harder than Jerome Brown.

As for the guy who lies about being *** and exaggerates his grievances with Dan Sileo...

It must be pretty pathetic to LITERALLY be a bigger fraud than Dan Sileo...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ahhhhhh. My bad. This is me not reading threads except ones atleast near I'm tagged in. I thought u were talking about men's ball. Womens I agree is **** good. Could be better obviously but theres very few teams in women's ball good enough to beat the uconns of the world.

No problem. I think we just got crossed up in a bunch of replies to other people.

Some of the "everything sucks at UM" crowd slammed every single sports program, and I just pointed out positive results in baseball and men's & women's basketball.

I definitely want UM to dominate, but I'm not calling those good programs "mediocre" or "mid-pack".

Advertisement
Why would Zo want to be Manny Diaz’s side bxxxh? That’s Blake James’s role already. Of course he said no.

Wait until Blake gets fired then hire Zo as the Athletic Director.

Highsmith could just have a formal consultant role and wouldn't be either Diaz's sidekick or work for James. It wouldn't be a step down, but basically a sizable paycheck until another NFL gig comes calling. He can make recommendations to James and Diaz on how to fix and streamline operations. They don't have to implement his suggestions, but it doesn't look good for them if they don't listen to his advice and the program has another bad year. Titles matter so if what I think will happen does happen, he'd be hired as the "Senior Advisor" for the Hurricanes football program without specifically saying senior advisor to the AD or HC.

Advertisement
Disagree with that... our best team (the one that won the ACC) had Shane Larkin as a headliner and a bunch of experienced guys and transfers. I'd argue once L went away from that and started focusing on the Lonnie Walker and Bruce Browns, we took a step back. It is kind of a catch 22... of course you have to take guys like that if they want to come, but we did not have those experienced bigs to go with them. The voluntarily playing 2 or 3 under the scholarship limit does not help either.

I think we're saying the same thing. That Larkin team is our model.

our best teams are ones that have a mix of talented young guys and vets. our best teams under L were that. the FBI scandal really screwed us and set us back, along with the guys that got booted.

Again, I don't disagree. The common theme on the teams with which were successful are that there are experienced, more developed players, not a pile of one-and-done hamburger boys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back