Details on Friday meeting between Blake James and large donors

View as article
Advertisement
Thank you for explaining to the majority of these clowns. It’s obvious many, many on this board do not understand how things really work

In other words, President Frenk probably doesn't care if Miami football wins big, or loses in the grand scheme of major CFB. As all know, the athletic department gets beaucoup GRANTS from the ACC and Adidas. In addition to all the big bucks from wealthy donors.

The Lashlee announcement so early makes perfect sense now. Flake tried to distract people from what was about to come out LOL

I see fans are super excited about the new OC and upset about Highsmith news, which I find ironic. If you want Highsmith on board to run the Football program then you must know he will bring his own HC. Which means, in the long run, this OC hire is irrelevant if Manny doesn’t win. For me, I want a true leader to manage our program over an OC or DC.

If Manny does win 8+ games next year then we are ****ed and he isn’t going anywhere. What a **** show this is.

Advertisement
Wouldn't that require also kicking out Virginia Tech, NC State, and Louisville?

VT is still a top 30 public school (#13 engineering school in country). NC St is in that research triangle and the #5 bio/ag school in US. Louisville is garbage. No argument there. Difference is all of those schools also cost under 13k for in state tuition, whereas Miami is outrageously expensive and isnt highly ranked in anything.

I know you don't like Blake and that probably grades any evaluation you would do of him. That being said, by all accounts Blake James was good at fundraising and ticket sales and at a time when we sucked at football. None of this makes him a good AD, but being a bad AD doesn't make him bad at a job that by all accounts he did well.

When did Blake do "fund-raising" separate from his job as AD?

And even if he has been good at "ticket sales", he has mishandled numerous high-profile opportunities, including the UM-UF game on-sale process.

Seriously, I don't care if he was the best ticket rep ever, but let's not build a retroactive myth about him.

Advertisement
Serious question, what would it take to fire Blake? I mean if donors offering to pay salaries is true then what would it take to just remove Blake and buyout whatever is remaining on his contract?
He has apparently people on the BOT that care not that much for football but to have their names plastered on thee the U building on and off campus. Have you seen on Biscayne Blvd in down town Miami and northwards all of the U buildings with donors names plastered on them? The BOT would have to change in favor of supporting Football all like Georgia, Bama, UF, etc.

VT is still a top 30 public school (#13 engineering school in country). NC St is in that research triangle and the #5 bio/ag school in US. Louisville is garbage. No argument there. Difference is all of those schools also cost under 13k for in state tuition, whereas Miami is outrageously expensive and isnt highly ranked in anything.

Oh, because with us and FSU you were only going by overall rankings.

Advertisement
As a fan u have to root for losses for the better of the program. It sucks cause I like Lashlee but the tip of the spear is rotten.

For me, its easy to talk about rooting for losses but I've never been able to do it. Similarly, even though I knew where you guys were coming from regarding the Al Golden banners, I could NOT bring myself to participate in that.

At this point Im too old and too spent on this issue to give a ****. This past season I found myself doing laundry and house cleaning during Canes games. Contrast that with my mindset back in the day (when I would take a vacation day for National Signing Day, etc.) and you'll see the desired effect of the current administration on Canes fans.

They've won. They've broken the fanbase.

Advertisement
For me, its easy to talk about rooting for losses but I've never been able to do it. Similarly, even though I knew where you guys were coming from regarding the Al Golden banners, I could NOT bring myself to participate in that.

At this point Im too old and too spent on this issue to give a ****. This past season I found myself doing laundry and house cleaning during Canes games. Contrast that with my mindset back in the day (when I would take a vacation day for National Signing Day, etc.) and you'll see the desired effect of the current administration on Canes fans.

They've won. They've broken the fanbase.
Same here. Almost identical.

F$U has the #1 clown school.

You had racist big money donors at FSU and Texas force their ADs prematurely fire their black head coaches. Thats no secret.
Is this really a non-debatable fact?

If yes, what about the prospect that some extra-huge donors (or others in positions of power or influence) don't cotton to the idea of a black AD, or person in a high power role at the U? There is no real good reason other than personal self-preservation why the Zo = Football GM/AD idea isn't getting the full traction it seems to deserve simply on merit and the mess we are in. (Asking for a friend).

Advertisement
Back