Details on Friday meeting between Blake James and large donors

View as article
Advertisement
If I'm the ACC I'm trying to replace us with UCF.

They thought they landed a whale but instead got some limping emasculated wussy program that's a shell of its former self.

Miami has proven it no longer prioritizes winning and that the people in charge are incompetent.

I think the ACC realizes it is stuck with Miami through 2027. Didnt get what it expected. Miami football has been a huge ****, not winning anything and constantly complaining about officiating. I wouldn't be surprised if the ACC makes a move on UCF either.

I will also laugh when the ACC kicks out FSU and UM (currently tied in academic rankings) out because they are destroying the conference's reputation as the smart conference. What a total ****show from the BOT on down.

Per a source with knowledge of the meeting, a group of high-level donors met with Blake James on Friday. The purpose of the meeting was to offer significant money if Manny was willing to make necessary changes.

Most notably, the group wanted Alonzo Highsmith to take on a general manager role that would usurp some of Blake and Manny’s power over the football program. One booster even offered to pay Highsmith’s salary for two years. Blake refused and instead offered a more traditional “chief of staff” role that was mostly administrative in nature.

Highsmith is not expected to accept the offer and instead is in discussions with Mario Cristobal at Oregon.
If what you are saying is true, then the rumor going around by another CIS poster (that also claimed to have inside knowledge of the BOT) that Blake James contract will not be renewed as AD must be false. If he was a lame duck AD then the board would not allow him to dictate how the athletic department is going to be structured. If what your saying is accurate, then Blake James still has a lot of power and is in no danger of being removed by the BOT as AD.

Advertisement
Thanks for the info D$

James is screwed regardless of what he does which is why he's p****footing. He'd rather tie his career to Manny Diaz than to get professional help and possibly resurrect a dead program. Its maddening!

Advertisement
Agreed. It's so obvious now the dysfunction among the President, the Board, the AD and all the way down. Massive vision and identity crisis at The U.

We were an outright embarassment this season, and Manny and Blake should have been fired immediately after the season ended.

Hopefully this 20-year period of stupidity ends now and we can get back to being Miami football once again.

Manny Diaz and Blake James care about themselves. Not the school. Not the program. Not the students athletes they are responsible for having here.

They have zero interest in the greater whole. Manny only cares about himself. Then you wonder why we have so much attrition and players leaving early. No one cares aboutabout THIS.

Ask not what your university can do for you...but what you can do for your university.

I will also laugh when the ACC kicks out FSU and UM (currently tied in academic rankings) out because they are destroying the conference's reputation as the smart conference. What a total ****show from the BOT on down.

Wouldn't that require also kicking out Virginia Tech, NC State, and Louisville?

The information below is from a 247 poster--
He was formerly in the car business--Anthony Abraham Chevrolet---think he knows the Diaz's?

1996 Florida House campaign[edit]
"Lemonis, appearing on the ballot as Marc Anthony Lemonis, lost to two-term Republican incumbent Bruno Barreiro, 42.44 percent to 57.56 percent,[3] despite being endorsed by the Miami Herald. "Lemonis worked for his grandfather's car dealership in South Florida, Anthony Abraham Chevrolet."

How much he is connected to the U is open for debate as he does not live in the area?--"Marcus Lemonis married Roberta "Bobbi" Raffel in 2018,[36] and lives in Lake Forest, Illinois."

In addition American Football is probably not the national pastime in his home country-- Lemonis was born as Ricardo in Beirut, Lebanon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Lemonis[/QUOTE]

there is so much BS being floated around, every new piece of information I’m skeptical of

What makes zero sense to me, if the powers that be were hot to trot on a major shakeup, their presentment of the scenario doesn’t make sense. It’s one step removed from, asking your subordinate if they want to be fired, they say no, and that employee continues on in their current role as if nothing happened

Advertisement
Blake and Manny need to be fired

Then bring in a legit AD with Zo handling Football. Hopefully Mario comes to be HC

I don't understand how somebody who has failed so bad at his job isn't willing to let someone help him and potentially save his career.

Advertisement
Why do people keep referencing the Board of Trustees?

@DMoney article says high-level donors. Sure, it's possible one or more could be Trustees, but that is a big assumption.

The best outcome would be that donors with enough money to offer to pay people's salaries next audience is with trustees who in turn apply pressure to James.

I personally think he's a dead man walking.
Assuming the next few days go off without major movement, Blake and Manny will have the same exact career trajectory, for better or worse. The one thing I'll bet on is that we're mostly happy going into 2021, either way

We don’t need Alonzo Highsmith as GM of football.

We need a good Athletic Director.

***** boy Blake knows Zo knows more about football than him. He just doesn't want Zo to learn the odds and ends of running an athletic department and taking his job in a few years.

Advertisement
Back