Details on Friday meeting between Blake James and large donors

View as article
Advertisement
So Zo is going to Oregon for same or less power that his former school offered him, that he loves so much, just to basically say ***** you. If he is all Miami then he should just wait for another NFL job

All this Mario talk is BS to me. He just won the Rose Bowl, he’s getting top recruits. Miami, Blake, zo, are not things he’s thinking about, and probably hasn’t thought about all season. And, he doesn't need Zo. The Mario stuff is internet gossip crap.

Why the **** is Blake able to flip off the board? BJ failed to do a coaching search and put the school on the hook for Manny's buyout. The board should fire Frenk if Blake is able to fail and have no consequence.

Advertisement
The BOT hired James who was not qualified, and they can fire him. Until then, Canes football will be in a constant state of life support.

That makes perfect sense but the only ones who can make it happen are Julio Frenk and the BOTs. Not enough people on the BOTs care about football, and Frenk doesnt give af. So as it stands right now, Blake James is the unquestioned supreme entity when it comes to Miami athletics. Let that sink in. Smfh

Im of the opinion that President Frank is one of donna's "boys." I continue to wonder how things would have been different had the BOT chosen to hire Admiral Stavridus instead of Dr. Frenk (who always gave me the "yes man" vibe, which is not what you'd typically want in an executive role).

Why do people keep referencing the Board of Trustees?

@DMoney article says high-level donors. Sure, it's possible one or more could be Trustees, but that is a big assumption.

The best outcome would be that donors with enough money to offer to pay people's salaries next audience is with trustees who in turn apply pressure to James.

I personally think he's a dead man walking.

If the Oregon rumor picks up steam you'd best bet the people will money will be meeting with the Board directly.

Yep. Going over someone's head is always an option. Right now all these people are looking like Michael Jordan dunking on a midget. No way this just ends quietly.

yea, when rich people get but-hurt they fight with their checkbook and lawyers. Blake is shrewd; you really gotta have some nerve to stonewall after losing to FIU.

Advertisement
Per a source with knowledge of the meeting, a group of high-level donors met with Blake James on Friday. The purpose of the meeting was to offer significant money if Manny was willing to make necessary changes.

Most notably, the group wanted Alonzo Highsmith to take on a general manager role that would usurp some of Blake and Manny’s power over the football program. One booster even offered to pay Highsmith’s salary for two years. Blake refused and instead offered a more traditional “chief of staff” role that was mostly administrative in nature.

Highsmith is not expected to accept the offer and instead is in discussions with Mario Cristobal at Oregon.

Thank you for the insight @DMoney. Now that’s delivering the goods.

Sounds like Blake has made his bed and taken his stand. It’s time to give him just enough rope to hang himself and all his cronies with, and when it doesn’t work out, clean out the whole fvckin house and start from scratch following a proven model for elite D1 success.

Mind blowing, but then again, this is what happens when you give an incompetent a 5 year contract.

Yet another missed opportunity.

Like I told you all.... don't get distracted with Rhett Lashlee. This is propaganda from Blake and Manny to distract us from the real issues at hand. I am relentless in my attacks on Manny and Blake because these two men (one being a Florida State graduate) are trying to destroy Miami football. Anybody who supports these two men are enemies of this program, IMO.

Advertisement
That was my whole thing..I’m for one am not plugged in..from my understanding the position we are looking for directly overseas football operations. That’s why this decision should be made regardless of whoever the HC is currently.

Advertisement
Like I told you all.... don't get distracted with Rhett Lashlee. This is propaganda from Blake and Manny to distract us from the real issues at hand. I am relentless in my attacks on Manny and Blake because these two men (one being a Florida State graduate) are trying to destroy Miami football. Anybody who supports these two men are enemies of this program, IMO.
That's former FSU coach Manny Diaz to you pal.

What Oregon needs and what Miami needs are different things. Oregon's coach and AD aren't lame ducks. The position he would be willing to accept at each school could be different.

Shouldn't impact his position if they are lame ducks. He would be in position to solidify his role and help transition to a new HC in line with his vision.

Advertisement
Back