Detailed Update on Gray....

CaneSwag8

Canes fan
@joshdarrow: Spoke to Trayone Gray & 2 other sources RE: eligibility. Got same story. 1/2 credit short. Taking online class. Needs to pass. #RealNotBS

@joshdarrow: Gray just told me he needs about 3 more weeks to finish the class. Says he is working as fast as he can to get done.....

@joshdarrow: One last thing Re:Gray. He told me (as did one other source) if he passes he would start classes in fall (1/2)

@joshdarrow: The belief is if Gray passes/ enrolls for fall semester he could suit up for fall practice. Still trying to get 100% confirm on that (2/2)

Last edited:
Advertisement
if true, sounds like kid has put in some serious work to get in! Hope he gets that last 1/2credit

Advertisement
^^^Any reason for the re-post?

Sure as **** hope he gets in as well. I don't understand how you are a half credit short though.

Sure as **** hope he gets in as well. I don't understand how you are a half credit short though.

Some courses are only half a year and count as half a credit. Also many online classes that are electives only count as half credits. I'm a highschool student and half credit online courses are usually extremely quick and easy.

If you're wondering how he didn't know he was a half credit short, that's on his highschool and it's guidance office.

Advertisement
I mean, let's say he doesn't make it for some reason. Couldn't he just prep and come later? If he really wants to be a Cane it would seem there's nothing stopping him from making it happen eventually.

I mean, let's say he doesn't make it for some reason. Couldn't he just prep and come later? If he really wants to be a Cane it would seem there's nothing stopping him from making it happen eventually.
Then he wouldn't be able to come in until next summer and we would have to recruit him for another year, not to mention we already have 4 hb commits and 3 wr commits while still trying to get Gibson and Ridley and Peete at wr....

Advertisement
A kid is being denied entrance into college and the keys to a better life because of 1/2 a ******* credit? That's borderline criminal....

Advertisement
You know what's going to happen right? He's going to get his credits right and then UM admissions or the NCAA will F things up for him because he didn't get an A+ on a dodgeball test in PE freshman year.

I get the feeling Godlen has pushed the admin on this kid so I don't think admissions will stand in the way of this one. It's the Clearinghouse which will **** it up.

Advertisement
Back