Despite the *****ing on game day board

YLCANE

Recruit
The gameplan was smart.
No mistakes let Emory work his way into game

Mario knew Clemson Oncould be contained.
The plan to run and shorten game was smart.

NOT going for gw fg was Corch malpractice though.

I would LOVE to see Emory next week w a longer leash….we already know what we have w tvd….
I’m looking ahead and want to see this kid get another week. He threw some really good balls
Got off primary a few times….he looked comfortable to me and I want more!

Advertisement
The plan was good because it worked but the way he ended regulation was absolutely horrendous.

50 seconds left.
1st down
1 timeout
30 yards to get into field goal range.

You run the ball or take a couple deep shots to get in field goal range and the worst thing that happens is they get an INT at their own 20 yard line. It's a can't lose situation.

Either way, good and much needed win. Mario won his way but if we lost in OT everybody would be jumping on him for the way he ended regulation.

Advertisement
Taking the OT timeout on defense, 3rd & goal on 15 was bad too. If you are calling the game around a young QB you need that timeout on offense.

If you want to sit on the ball to end regulation, I’d disagree, but fine. But then call it that way and execute. That end of game was a mess of mixed strategies.

The plan was good because it worked but the way he ended regulation was absolutely horrendous.

50 seconds left.
1st down
1 timeout

You run the ball or take a couple deep shots to get in field goal range and the worst thing that happens is they get an INT at their own 20 yard line. It's a can't lose situation.

Either way, good and much needed win. Mario won his way but if we lost in OT everybody would be jumping on him for the way he ended regulation.
I was thinking "you better f*n win this one or they'll flay you."

Advertisement
Taking the OT timeout on defense, 3rd & goal on 15 was bad too. If you are calling the game around a young QB you need that timeout on offense.

If you want to sit on the ball to end regulation, I’d disagree, but fine. But then call it that way and execute. That end of game was a mess of mixed strategies.
Normally I agree with this line of thought but for some reason in THESE situations, we give up the TD. I kind of understand calling the TO and making sure our defense understands there’s no reason to jump anything you see in front of you and just guard the endzone.

It sounds dumb to have to explain…. But that GT game was a loss because our defense gambled instead of just guarding the endzone on the last play of the game

Advertisement
Normally I agree with this line of thought but for some reason in THESE situations, we give up the TD. I kind of understand calling the TO and making sure our defense understands there’s no reason to jump anything you see in front of you and just guard the endzone.

It sounds dumb to have to explain…. But that GT game was a loss because our defense gambled instead of just guarding the endzone on the last play of the game
Spot on.

Advertisement

I actually agree the TO was a fine decision despite what Hasselback said

Playing for overtime would honestly be unbearable to be here this week if we lost

50 seconds left.
1st down
1 timeout

Y’all remember gt scoring in two plays right. Fg range in one. Mario played smart football and y’all video game coaches were wrong.

He calibrated.

Advertisement
Back