Despite the *****ing on game day board

Normally I agree with this line of thought but for some reason in THESE situations, we give up the TD. I kind of understand calling the TO and making sure our defense understands there’s no reason to jump anything you see in front of you and just guard the endzone.

It sounds dumb to have to explain…. But that GT game was a loss because our defense gambled instead of just guarding the endzone on the last play of the game
💯

Advertisement
Y’all remember gt scoring in two plays right. Fg range in one. Mario played smart football and y’all video game coaches were wrong.
Not just GT but the way we gave up two horrific third and long TDs against UNC

I liked the move. Ideally of course you don’t do it, but it was the right move get everyone on the same page

The gameplan was smart.
No mistakes let Emory work his way into game

Mario knew Clemson Oncould be contained.
The plan to run and shorten game was smart.

NOT going for gw fg was Corch malpractice though.

I would LOVE to see Emory next week w a longer leash….we already know what we have w tvd….
I’m looking ahead and want to see this kid get another week. He threw some really good balls
Got off primary a few times….he looked comfortable to me and I want more!

Sorry no. The game plan was utterly incompetent - like outrageously awful. Coaching malpractice on so many levels.

They literally muzzled Emory for nearly 3 quarters then asked a true freshman to come back from 10 down and only opened the playbook out of desperation.

Then turtled when they had a chance to win the game after the qb was in a rhythm... And played for overtime with the same true freshman qb who they clearly didn’t trust to complete a forward pass until they had no choice but to throw out of desperation and a 10 point deficit in the fourth.

That’s the worst strategy ever.

I won't credit anyone for running the most conservative game I've seen us play in a long time. You don't have Williams fling it all over the place, but screen after screen isn't the answer. There's a lot of other safe options we didn't even factor in.

We were behind and as another said, Mario would've been flayed alive if he didn't make us come out of our shell.

His hand was forced and they had to make the call to give the kid a chance to do something. They played scared all night offensively.

Thankfully we had to open it up for him. It was there most of the game, they just didn't call it. I'm glad they finally did, that was a solid win.

Advertisement
Sorry no. The game plan was utterly incompetent - like outrageously awful. Coaching malpractice on so many levels.

They literally muzzled Emory for nearly 3 quarters then asked a true freshman to come back from 10 down and only opened the playbook out of desperation.

Then turtled when they had a chance to win the game after the qb was in a rhythm... And played for overtime with the same true freshman qb who they clearly didn’t trust to complete a forward pass until they had no choice but to throw out of desperation and a 10 point deficit in the fourth.

That’s the worst strategy ever.
I just listened to Emory on interview saying the game was moving really fast…..he literally just said he NEEDED time for it to slow down w reps.

I said it was malpractice last 1:39
That we agree on

But to run ball and have safe throws and not throw game away early was right move
Next week training wheels may come off
👍

I just listened to Emory on interview saying the game was moving really fast…..he literally just said he NEEDED time for it to slow down w reps.

I said it was malpractice last 1:39
That we agree on

But to run ball and have safe throws and not throw game away early was right move
Next week training wheels may come off
👍

There’s a lot of ways to work in a quarterback. Three quarters of lateral passes with one go route just can’t be rationalized IMO. Especially when they force us into a deficit and then put the game on the shoulder of the dude they’re trying to muzzle/cradle.

TVD will be back next week… I just hope we keep Emory around in the off-season because he is special.

But I have no faith in our coaches to do anything competently.

I won't credit anyone for running the most conservative game I've seen us play in a long time. You don't have Williams fling it all over the place, but screen after screen isn't the answer. There's a lot of other safe options we didn't even factor in.

We were behind and as another said, Mario would've been flayed alive if he didn't make us come out of our shell.

His hand was forced and they had to make the call to give the kid a chance to do something. They played scared all night offensively.

Thankfully we had to open it up for him. It was there most of the game, they just didn't call it. I'm glad they finally did, that was a solid win.

They had a whole week and this is what they could come up with???? Not like Williams had to step in during the middle of a game as qb..

Advertisement
The gameplan was smart.

I would LOVE to see Emory next week w a longer leash….we already know what we have w tvd….
I’m looking ahead and want to see this kid get another week. He threw some really good balls
i said this the whole time the game plan was good for a first time qb they did it right/.

Advertisement
The gameplan was smart.

yeah I understand what ur saying but u need to hit the button also
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey yo! Hit the button

i said this the whole time the game plan was good for a first time qb they did it right/.

You’re a super good and knowledgeable poster but I don’t know how you think handcuffing a true freshman in his first start into a 10 point 4th quarter deficit and then asking him to go wide open to stay in the game in the fourth is doing it right.

Advertisement
You’re a super good and knowledgeable poster but I don’t know how you think handcuffing a true freshman in his first start into a 10 point 4th quarter deficit and then asking him to go wide open to stay in the game in the fourth is doing it right.
I feel your side of it but for my taste I thought it was a good pace. Maybe if they did do what you wanted it could of worked, but we will never know. Im just enjoying the dub man. SO happy about this and the way they played. Im always used to them laying down after losses against a elite talented roster. And we pulled it off man. Feels good

And thanks for the kind words man i appreciate that.

I feel your side of it but for my taste I thought it was a good pace. Maybe if they did do what you wanted it could of worked, but we will never know. Im just enjoying the dub man. SO happy about this and the way they played. Im always used to them laying down after losses against a elite talented roster. And we pulled it off man. Feels good

And thanks for the kind words man i appreciate that.

Fair points and appreciate that.. it just feels to me like the game plan told him and everyone else we don’t trust this kid. Then they ask him to go wide open and win it in the fourth 10 points down.

Honestly it makes Emory’s performance even more incredible IMO.

Players earned that win 100%. This team is starting to look like they will win games if the coaches don’t get in the **** way.

Fair points and appreciate that.. it just feels to me like the game plan told him and everyone else we don’t trust this kid. Then they ask him to go wide open and win it in the fourth 10 points down.

Honestly it makes Emory’s performance even more incredible IMO.

Players earned that win 100%. This team is starting to look like they will win games if the coaches don’t get in the **** way.
thats exactly what they did lol. I was saying that the whole game they dont trust him (but they see him i npractise they know best)but they kept it close and then had to open it up cause Clemson started selling out on the run. So EW had to do just enough to keep them honest and he did. Credit to the team the staff man they did a great job.

The plan was good because it worked but the way he ended regulation was absolutely horrendous.

50 seconds left.
1st down
1 timeout
30 yards to get into field goal range.

You run the ball or take a couple deep shots to get in field goal range and the worst thing that happens is they get an INT at their own 20 yard line. It's a can't lose situation.

Either way, good and much needed win. Mario won his way but if we lost in OT everybody would be jumping on him for the way he ended regulation.
Yes we should have gone for it, but everybody would have jumped on him if we’d gotten intercepted and Clemson won on a fg. We’d be questioning his decision making for sure.

Advertisement
Back