Desperation is Strong Here

When one looks at our performances over the past few years, when one hopes for a less retarded defensive approach and the HC states he wants 'continuity,' when one looks at wins and loses while factoring in strength of schedule, and when one sees an absolute lack of in-game adjustment, and almost identical performances in Golden's Maryland game and the Louisville game, why in Hades do some of you not realize, we got a real coaching problem?

Are you so desperate for improvement, that you're willing to fabricate a mind-set that will ignore the obvious, and somehow conjure up bizarre arguments designed to perpetuate the fraud being conducted by our HC, DC, and yes, even our OC who hasn't shown anyone crap? Yet?

You watch a Spring game and somehow distill out all this wisdom on who's going to be great and who's not. Some go as far as touting one freshman after another who are going to save the season - almost all by himself.

I remember stopping by and watching Schnellenberger running everyone's *** into the ground. ****, Kehoe was out there somewhere. So don't think I haven't seen it from the beginning. I'm damned tired of Shalala and her half-assed coaching selections going back over a decade. Three-in-a-row isn't fate, it's stupidity.

I don't wear rose-colored glasses. We need a coaching change, and not by Shalala. She needs to go first.

The whole blaming Shalala is just beyond stupid. She came to Miami in 2001, the same year Coker was hired. Coker was a late hire made after Butch left Miami high and dry, and most of the top coaching candidates had already been taken by other schools. Shannon was initially a very popular hire with both players, alumni, and fans, because of his UM pedigree as player and a highly-regarded defensive coordinator. Al Golden was considered one of the hot young up and coming coaches when UM hired him, and whether he lives up to that or not has not yet been determined no matter how much some of you claim otherwise.

So you're saying she is not to blame for the only one of the three who actually won anything? She has been in charge for 14 years of lower and lower levels of success. The buck stops on her desk. She brought the ncaa nightmare on us -- look at the greedy little face with the check. When you are the boos you have to take the blame for continued failure. D1 schools are big business and football is a Crown Jewel money maker. She must take the blame just like she took the check.

She did not bring the "NCAA nightmare" upon the university. Shapiro and those assistant coaches that used him are the ones to blame. Shalala had no clue that Shapiro was a criminal at the time she was photographed with the check. To blame her for that situation is ludicrous.

Advertisement
the way that the 2013 season went considering how pathetic the defense has been for 3 straight years and the fact that nothing was done about it is all the evidence that any rational person would need to know that F.A.G. is garbage and wont last.

in what fairytale do you live in to think that this guy will all of a suddenly be a good coach one day?
I never said that. I said my bytching about it does no good. You bytching about it won't turn him into a good coach, and it won't help him get replaced any faster either.

Like I said, you're on one end of the extremes when it comes to all of this. More of the facts tend to side with the negative against Golden, but there are some good things the guy has done as Miami's coach that completely get ignored...and that you'll never acknowledge, just because you have pitchfork firmly in hand.

It's the same way with the super-positive folks, they don't like to see any of the negative, and whine about it when folks point those things out.

Where it gets annoying to folks like me is when all we see is super-positive vs super-negative in every single ******* thread. We get it. Horse is dead. Time to stop beating it. The ultra-bytching and the rah-rah **** does no good. All it brings, again...sh1tty threads.

Wrong on that part. It's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

When banners orbit over our games, that's kinda hard to ignore.
If you really feel that way, then quit bytching on sh1tty threads on here and fly a banner. Otherwise, you're just like Grandpa Simpson yelling at clouds.

the way that the 2013 season went considering how pathetic the defense has been for 3 straight years and the fact that nothing was done about it is all the evidence that any rational person would need to know that F.A.G. is garbage and wont last.

in what fairytale do you live in to think that this guy will all of a suddenly be a good coach one day?
I never said that. I said my bytching about it does no good. You bytching about it won't turn him into a good coach, and it won't help him get replaced any faster either.

Like I said, you're on one end of the extremes when it comes to all of this. More of the facts tend to side with the negative against Golden, but there are some good things the guy has done as Miami's coach that completely get ignored...and that you'll never acknowledge, just because you have pitchfork firmly in hand.

It's the same way with the super-positive folks, they don't like to see any of the negative, and whine about it when folks point those things out.

Where it gets annoying to folks like me is when all we see is super-positive vs super-negative in every single ******* thread. We get it. Horse is dead. Time to stop beating it. The ultra-bytching and the rah-rah **** does no good. All it brings, again...sh1tty threads.

If you really feel that way, then quit bytching on sh1tty threads on here and fly a banner. Otherwise, you're just like Grandpa Simpson yelling at clouds.

Go back and give Golden another reach around. If YOU really feel that way, don't read threads like this. I mean, how dumb does one need to be to read a thread they don't like, and then ***** about it.

I always thought 13-year-old girls, due to hormone problems did that stuff.

Don't worry about the complaining. Don't worry about the beithching. Don't worry about the banners. Someone better start doing some coaching, getting the teams prepared, getting them up for games, and making adjustments during the game as required or the complaining will never end.

No one minds losing a game here and there. It's how damned bad you look losing AND winning.

Ironic that OP starts a thread about desperation when the only one sounding desperate is him.

Desperate? I'm goddam tired of half-assed coaching. Tired. I'm not some candyass who's desperate to rah-rah-rah the mediocrity we see year after year.

Aren't you? Don't you just get weary of having a half-assed football program? Don't you get weary of giving up 500 yards a game? Don't you get weary of watching a QB who has only two throws hobble around? Don't you get tired of the excuses? Don't you get tired of ****-poor scheming, and hearing the coaches blame the players?

I guarantee, if these guys were on your payroll, and yards were dollars - you'd have fired them.

Advertisement
It is sad how little perspective you have.

We lose a game where 50% of our starters were suspended a few days before the game (from a bad team, fyi), and that's an indictment of how good a coach al golden is? Please.

Good coaches beat good teams. UM does not beat good teams. We get pummeled by them.

Is that why saban lost to Louisiana Monroe? Or maybe he was a bad coach in that game?

You really enjoy finding outlier situations and then attempting to present them as a body of evidence don't you?

Isn't losing half your starters to suspension a few days before a game an outlier situation?

Go back and give Golden another reach around. If YOU really feel that way, don't read threads like this. I mean, how dumb does one need to be to read a thread they don't like, and then ***** about it.

I always thought 13-year-old girls, due to hormone problems did that stuff.

Don't worry about the complaining. Don't worry about the beithching. Don't worry about the banners. Someone better start doing some coaching, getting the teams prepared, getting them up for games, and making adjustments during the game as required or the complaining will never end.

No one minds losing a game here and there. It's how damned bad you look losing AND winning.
1st off...I've given Golden no reach arounds. I may give him credit for some of the good things he's done, but I don't blindly ignore that there are real problems with this program right now. Don't confuse me with the rah-rah crowd just because I'm not 100% all-in with your agenda and viewpoint.

Secondly, I care about better discussions on these boards, which is why I'm hoping pointing out that there's mass idiocy on both extremes mucking up threads at every turn will help some of you calm the fvck down and actually discuss things in a rational manner. It's looking like it's too much to ask out of you.

You're the one bringing up banners and saying your bytching matters. If you really feel that way, STFU and actually DO something about it. I was part of some of the $$$ that went toward the Coker banner way back when...so I have actually put my money where my mouth is in the past. I'd like to see you attempt to do the same instead of constantly bytching about it on here. There comes a point where affecting change means more than just upping your post count on here further, and you have to take some kind of action to get noticed. The people who could make something actually happen couldn't care less about folks porsting about wanting rid of Golden/NoDFrio on here.

Now, if you're really more about the discourse of wanting better coaching and analyzing the team as opposed to the pitchfork/torch crowd who wants "everyone dead" ala Senator Blutarsky...then I'm on board with that. Til then...it's all just useless noise, from both the Pitchfork and Rah-Rah crowds.

When one looks at our performances over the past few years, when one hopes for a less retarded defensive approach and the HC states he wants 'continuity,' when one looks at wins and loses while factoring in strength of schedule, and when one sees an absolute lack of in-game adjustment, and almost identical performances in Golden's Maryland game and the Louisville game, why in Hades do some of you not realize, we got a real coaching problem?

Are you so desperate for improvement, that you're willing to fabricate a mind-set that will ignore the obvious, and somehow conjure up bizarre arguments designed to perpetuate the fraud being conducted by our HC, DC, and yes, even our OC who hasn't shown anyone crap? Yet?

You watch a Spring game and somehow distill out all this wisdom on who's going to be great and who's not. Some go as far as touting one freshman after another who are going to save the season - almost all by himself.

I remember stopping by and watching Schnellenberger running everyone's *** into the ground. ****, Kehoe was out there somewhere. So don't think I haven't seen it from the beginning. I'm damned tired of Shalala and her half-assed coaching selections going back over a decade. Three-in-a-row isn't fate, it's stupidity.

I don't wear rose-colored glasses. We need a coaching change, and not by Shalala. She needs to go first.

The whole blaming Shalala is just beyond stupid. She came to Miami in 2001, the same year Coker was hired. Coker was a late hire made after Butch left Miami high and dry, and most of the top coaching candidates had already been taken by other schools. Shannon was initially a very popular hire with both players, alumni, and fans, because of his UM pedigree as player and a highly-regarded defensive coordinator. Al Golden was considered one of the hot young up and coming coaches when UM hired him, and whether he lives up to that or not has not yet been determined no matter how much some of you claim otherwise.

So you're saying she is not to blame for the only one of the three who actually won anything? She has been in charge for 14 years of lower and lower levels of success. The buck stops on her desk. She brought the ncaa nightmare on us -- look at the greedy little face with the check. When you are the boos you have to take the blame for continued failure. D1 schools are big business and football is a Crown Jewel money maker. She must take the blame just like she took the check.

You have to be a complete idiot to say that she's to blame for the NCAA mess. So a booster walks up unexpectedly during a school event at the bowling alley and hands her a check, and she's not supposed to react? Every university President in the nation takes checks from boosters.

We lose a game where 50% of our starters were suspended a few days before the game (from a bad team, fyi), and that's an indictment of how good a coach al golden is? Please.

Good coaches beat good teams. UM does not beat good teams. We get pummeled by them.

Is that why saban lost to Louisiana Monroe? Or maybe he was a bad coach in that game?

You really enjoy finding outlier situations and then attempting to present them as a body of evidence don't you?

Isn't losing half your starters to suspension a few days before a game an outlier situation?

Every argument you make is about some unique situation that happened to someone somewhere. I'll try and make this an easy question for you to answer.

Since Al Golden is such a great coach name 3 of his signature coaching victories. The 3 big wins that identify him as a great coach.

I'll be standing by.

Advertisement

Every argument you make is about some unique situation that happened to someone somewhere. I'll try and make this an easy question for you to answer.

Since Al Golden is such a great coach name 3 of his signature coaching victories. The 3 big wins that identify him as a great coach.

I'll be standing by.

(sssshhhh. the silence is deafening. I can hear my heatrbeat.)

2011 - Ohio State
2012 - VT
2013 - UF

At the specific times, OSU and UF were big wins for the team and Golden.

It is really an irrelevant question, IMO, as those 3 wins do not conclude that he is a good or bad coach.

Still not seeing all these "Al Golden is a great football coach" posts that you guys are trying to disprove.

2011 - Ohio State
2012 - VT
2013 - UF

At the specific times, OSU and UF were big wins for the team and Golden.

It is really an irrelevant question, IMO, as those 3 wins do not conclude that he is a good or bad coach.

Still not seeing all these "Al Golden is a great football coach" posts that you guys are trying to disprove.

The bolded is the biggest hang-up I have right now... I have yet to see anybody make the statement "Al Golden is a great football coach." I have seen "here are some mitigating circumstances for our failures as a team" (re: excuses for failure) but every coach/team has those every season, so what are we arguing here?

Usually in a discussion this heated, each side is arguing a passionate extreme (i.e. Al Golden blows vs. Al Golden is great.) But in this case all I've seen is "Al Golden Blows" vs. "Al-Golden-Has-Had-A-Modicum-Of-Success-And-A-Lot-of-Failure-Particularly-On-One-Side-Of-The-Football-And-I-Hope-He-Improves-With-A-More-Talented-Team-So-Let's-Get-Off-His-Nut-For-The-Next-Four-Months-And-Talk-Football."

Or "AGHHAMOSAALOFPOOSOTFAIHHIWAMTTSLGOHNFTNFMATF" for short.

Advertisement

I'll be standing by.
last year alone the UF win was a huge win... regardless of the fact that the team had 8 billion injuries and ended up 4-8.... aside from that, no one has once claimed he's a great coach, but there's a bunch of people claiming he's a terrible coach. the reality is, he's already proven he's not a terrible coach, based one what he did at temple, and it's too early to tell if he's a great coach, because he still hasn't had time to put together that type of team here. I will say this, at no point during his tenure, have I felt that his team (especially his defense) was under-performing their abilities as a whole. By ALL accounts, last year's team was a 8-9 win team, if we don't lose duke, we probably exceed those expectations.

[/QUOTE]
last year alone the UF win was a huge win... regardless of the fact that the team had 8 billion injuries and ended up 4-8.... aside from that, no one has once claimed he's a great coach, but there's a bunch of people claiming he's a terrible coach. the reality is, he's already proven he's not a terrible coach, based one what he did at temple, and it's too early to tell if he's a great coach, because he still hasn't had time to put together that type of team here. I will say this, at no point during his tenure, have I felt that his team (especially his defense) was under-performing their abilities as a whole. By ALL accounts, last year's team was a 8-9 win team, if we don't lose duke, we probably exceed those expectations.[/QUOTE]

What are you smoking? That defensive scheme didn't show one iota of improvement from the Maryland game.

I'll be standing by.
last year alone the UF win was a huge win... regardless of the fact that the team had 8 billion injuries and ended up 4-8.... aside from that, no one has once claimed he's a great coach, but there's a bunch of people claiming he's a terrible coach. the reality is, he's already proven he's not a terrible coach, based one what he did at temple, and it's too early to tell if he's a great coach, because he still hasn't had time to put together that type of team here. I will say this, at no point during his tenure, have I felt that his team (especially his defense) was under-performing their abilities as a whole. By ALL accounts, last year's team was a 8-9 win team, if we don't lose duke, we probably exceed those expectations.

Ever stop a moment and THINK why that may be?

Advertisement

I'll be standing by.

Ever stop a moment and THINK why that may be?

mostly because we have a bunch of idiots that thought Kirby> Kyle... shannon>coker .... J12 was the savior.... "we've got tons of talent"... etc.etc.etc.etc.

last year alone the UF win was a huge win... regardless of the fact that the team had 8 billion injuries and ended up 4-8.... aside from that, no one has once claimed he's a great coach, but there's a bunch of people claiming he's a terrible coach. the reality is, he's already proven he's not a terrible coach, based one what he did at temple, and it's too early to tell if he's a great coach, because he still hasn't had time to put together that type of team here. I will say this, at no point during his tenure, have I felt that his team (especially his defense) was under-performing their abilities as a whole. By ALL accounts, last year's team was a 8-9 win team, if we don't lose duke, we probably exceed those expectations.[/QUOTE]

What are you smoking? That defensive scheme didn't show one iota of improvement from the Maryland game.[/QUOTE]maybe, just maybe, the scheme has minimal effect, when the talent isn't there?

I can confidently say that if anyone on this board thinks they've seen the ability of Golden based on the situation he stepped into, then you're not too bright.
It's like judging a Formula 1 drivers skills when you put him behind the wheel of a '76 Pinto.

Advertisement
Back