Desperation is Strong Here

UMFarArcher

All-ACC
When one looks at our performances over the past few years, when one hopes for a less retarded defensive approach and the HC states he wants 'continuity,' when one looks at wins and loses while factoring in strength of schedule, and when one sees an absolute lack of in-game adjustment, and almost identical performances in Golden's Maryland game and the Louisville game, why in Hades do some of you not realize, we got a real coaching problem?

Are you so desperate for improvement, that you're willing to fabricate a mind-set that will ignore the obvious, and somehow conjure up bizarre arguments designed to perpetuate the fraud being conducted by our HC, DC, and yes, even our OC who hasn't shown anyone crap? Yet?

You watch a Spring game and somehow distill out all this wisdom on who's going to be great and who's not. Some go as far as touting one freshman after another who are going to save the season - almost all by himself.

I remember stopping by and watching Schnellenberger running everyone's *** into the ground. ****, Kehoe was out there somewhere. So don't think I haven't seen it from the beginning. I'm damned tired of Shalala and her half-assed coaching selections going back over a decade. Three-in-a-row isn't fate, it's stupidity.

I don't wear rose-colored glasses. We need a coaching change, and not by Shalala. She needs to go first.

Advertisement
What we have here imo. Is a bunch of fans that for the majority of their fan hood. Have seen nothing but mediocrity. Except maybe for the Ken Dorsey era. All they know is being pummeled.

Just like these recruits coming out of highs school. Many people, even the younger people of our fan base just don't know any better.

What has gone on over these past 10 years. Has taken a beating on us all, and if something doesn't change soon. It will get much worse than it is right now.

Last edited:
when we struggled with a 2-8 Maryland team I knew he wasn't cut out to be our next head coach.

This is what it's supposed to look like for those that either never knew or don't remember correctly.

[video=youtube;d4LQi8PMLJA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4LQi8PMLJA[/video]

Advertisement
This is what it's supposed to look like for those that either never knew or don't remember correctly.

That's awesome. It good Butch 5 years to build the program to that point.

So two more years - got it. We all should be less desperate by then, I'm sure. :p

That's awesome. It good Butch 5 years to build the program to that point.

What's awesome is that Butch lost less games than Golden, in his first 3 years, when Al had 31 more scholarships...Couldn't imagine this program under Al with those conditions.

Advertisement
"I remember stopping by and watching Schnellenberger running everyone's *** into the ground. ****, Kehoe was out there somewhere. So don't think I haven't seen it from the beginning. I'm damned tired of Shalala and her half-assed coaching selections going back over a decade. Three-in-a-row isn't fate, it's stupidity.

I don't wear rose-colored glasses. We need a coaching change, and not by Shalala. She needs to go first."

It is not stupidity it is planned. Donna does not want THE U built by players. She is an institution person. Since the university had little to do with the success of the team, it never had the power over it people like her live for. The family everyone gives lip service to is the exact opposite of what her kind want. Foote hated it and so does she. If Donna is not forced out and replaced by someone of a different kind, the next coach will be no better than the last three. What I don't understand is how she was not forced to resign for the whole ncaa thing. The biggest evidence they had was her stupid smiling face looking at that $50,000 check. The administration was the guilty party; Randy, bless his heart, even knew better than to lay down with that dog.

When one looks at our performances over the past few years, when one hopes for a less retarded defensive approach and the HC states he wants 'continuity,' when one looks at wins and loses while factoring in strength of schedule, and when one sees an absolute lack of in-game adjustment, and almost identical performances in Golden's Maryland game and the Louisville game, why in Hades do some of you not realize, we got a real coaching problem?

Are you so desperate for improvement, that you're willing to fabricate a mind-set that will ignore the obvious, and somehow conjure up bizarre arguments designed to perpetuate the fraud being conducted by our HC, DC, and yes, even our OC who hasn't shown anyone crap? Yet?

You watch a Spring game and somehow distill out all this wisdom on who's going to be great and who's not. Some go as far as touting one freshman after another who are going to save the season - almost all by himself.

I remember stopping by and watching Schnellenberger running everyone's *** into the ground. ****, Kehoe was out there somewhere. So don't think I haven't seen it from the beginning. I'm damned tired of Shalala and her half-assed coaching selections going back over a decade. Three-in-a-row isn't fate, it's stupidity.

I don't wear rose-colored glasses. We need a coaching change, and not by Shalala. She needs to go first.

9.jpg

So my question to the OP is two fold, first do you actually understand the definition of "fan", and secondly what do you propose we, as fans, do about the current situation?
Golden is not going to go anywhere, unless it's by his own accord, until he has had the chance to run the program with out the threat of sanctions, Period.
To make the current state out to be so grave is pure hyperbole and the creations of some really bored people.

Advertisement
We need to start winning. Hurricane message boards have all devolved into a constant ***** session. Someone actually was complaining about our OC's VOICE!!!

Please win the costal, Al. Please!! I can not take the repetitive idiocy of our boards any longer.

The whole blaming Shalala is just beyond stupid. She came to Miami in 2001, the same year Coker was hired. Coker was a late hire made after Butch left Miami high and dry, and most of the top coaching candidates had already been taken by other schools. Shannon was initially a very popular hire with both players, alumni, and fans, because of his UM pedigree as player and a highly-regarded defensive coordinator. Al Golden was considered one of the hot young up and coming coaches when UM hired him, and whether he lives up to that or not has not yet been determined no matter how much some of you claim otherwise.

Advertisement
"I remember stopping by and watching Schnellenberger running everyone's *** into the ground. ****, Kehoe was out there somewhere. So don't think I haven't seen it from the beginning. I'm damned tired of Shalala and her half-assed coaching selections going back over a decade. Three-in-a-row isn't fate, it's stupidity.

I don't wear rose-colored glasses. We need a coaching change, and not by Shalala. She needs to go first."

It is not stupidity it is planned. Donna does not want THE U built by players. She is an institution person. Since the university had little to do with the success of the team, it never had the power over it people like her live for. The family everyone gives lip service to is the exact opposite of what her kind want. Foote hated it and so does she. If Donna is not forced out and replaced by someone of a different kind, the next coach will be no better than the last three. What I don't understand is how she was not forced to resign for the whole ncaa thing. The biggest evidence they had was her stupid smiling face looking at that $50,000 check. The administration was the guilty party; Randy, bless his heart, even knew better than to lay down with that dog.

That you think it's great evidence of wrongdoing when a university president is accepting a $50k check from a booster (which was a surprise as attested to not only by Shalala, but the bowling alley owner, and even Shapiro himself admitted it was an unplanned event when he walked up there and handed her a check) just shows you know pretty much nothing about how university donations work. If that pic was evidence of wrongdoing, then pretty much every university president in the US should be fired.

I love guys who offer up problems and not real solutions, everybody says "Fire Golden" then what? hire who?

There are plenty of coaches UM could hire that are affordable and would actually bring a coaching dynamic to the table.

Golden is referenced as a defensive-minded head coach (which is ironic because, historically, most of his defenses have been merely average), but fields the worst defenses in school history. What does he bring? Is he a great recruiter? No. Does he hire hot-shot coordinators and coaches to make up for his shortcomings as a head coach? No. Can UM even afford to hire big-time coaches and coordinators? No.

Miami needs a coach who provides a coaching element with its budget. Golden doesn't. He's a politician, not a coach.

At this point, roll the dice on other candidates. Chud, Chad Morris, Pat Narduzzi.

Three years into his tenure and the same concerns voiced in year one still linger. That's not the cloud, it's not handlers pushing recruits away from Miami, it's not Randy's players - it's ****** coaching.

Dude needs to go.

THE OP IS SPOT ON....BUT HERE'S MY QUESTIONS....HOW MANY COACHES WERE BEATING DOWN OUR DOOR WHEN COACH SHANNON WAS FIRED? I'LL WAIT A WHILE FOR THAT ANSWER......SO, WHAT HEAD COACH IN THEIR RIGHT MIND IS GONNA WALK IN HERE FOR PEANUT$ (COMPARED TO SOME SALARIES) AND SUBJECT THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILY TO THE RIDICULE THAT ONLY MIAMI FANS CAN DISH OUT?....ANSWER? AL GOLDEN.....IF HE IS OR WILL BE ABLE TO RESURRECT THIS PROGRAM, WE WILL ALL BE WEARING ORANGE TIES.....BUT IMO, HE CRUSHED WHATEVER GLIMMER OF LOYALTY HE HAD WITH THE PLAYERS, RECRUITS AND AT LEAST ONE FAN (ME) WHEN HE CLIMBED INTO BED WITH PED-U.....HE CAN NEVER PULL THAT "WE'RE ALL A FAMILY" BULLSH!T EVER AGAIN……AT LEAST NOT WITH ME.....

THE ONLY ELEMENT BEING GLAZED OVER HERE IS THE ENDLESS "COACHING CAROUSEL" IT SEEMS LIKE WE DEMAND EVERY YEAR....WE ARE FEEDING THE FIRE THAT'S DESTROYING OUR PROGRAM....THAT IN ITSELF BREEDS THE "LACK OF CONTINUITY" THAT'S KILLING THIS TEAM, STAFF AND PROGRAM FROM THE INSIDE.....IT NEGATIVELY AFFECTS PLAYERS, ANY POTENTIAL RECRUITS AND ULTIMATELY THE FANS....I DO REALIZE RIDING A DEAD HORSE GETS YOU NOWHERE.....BUT BEATING ONE GETS YOU THE SAME RESULT….BUT AT SOME POINT, YOU GOTTA KISS THE GIRL YOU BROUGHT TO THE PROM....SHE MAY NOT BE THE PRETTIEST, BUT SHE IS YOUR DATE.....THE CAROUSEL HAS GOTTA STOP OR AT LEAST SLOW DOWN.....

LIKE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD....WE AS FANS CREATE OUR OWN HEARTACHE...WE ANOINT ANY RECRUIT WHO SIGNS WITH “THE U” AS SOME TYPE OF "GOD" BEFORE THEY EVER TAKE A SNAP...THE RECRUIT STARTS BELIEVING THE "HYPE" ..... THEY FLOP / UNDERACHIEVE....AND IT'S NOW THE COACHES FAULT FOR NOT DEVELOPING THEIR "TALENT" ....WE SCREAM FOR THE COACHES HEAD(S) ON A SILVER PLATTER....THEY GET FIRED AND THE PROCESS STARTS ALL OVER AGAIN.....DOES ALL THIS SOUND FAMILIAR? IT SHOULD, BECAUSE IT'S ONLY BEEN PLAYING LIKE A BROKEN RECORD FOR THE LAST 10+ YEARS....WASH, RINSE, REPEAT AS NEEDED....

BUT HERE'S THE REAL PROBLEM....THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI ADMIN GETS EXACTLY WHAT THEY PAY FOR....THEY HIRE PUPPETS FOR PEANUT$ AND FIRMLY DICTATE THE IMAGE, PERSONALITY AND SOCIAL LANDSCAPE OF THE ATHLETIC PROGRAMS...WHEN WE HAD NATIONAL TITLES AND 1st ROUND DRAFT PICKS RUNNING OUT OF OUR ***, IT CAME WITH A PRICE (AT LEAST ACCORDING TO THE ADMIN) ....OUR "IMAGE" WAS NOT WHAT THE ADMIN WANTED....BUT WHAT THE ADMIN FAILED TO REALIZE IS THAT "IMAGE" WAS OUR "IDENTITY" …..THEY CHOSE TO SELL THEIR SOUL TO REMOVE / REFORM THEIR PRECIOUS "IMAGE" ....ULTIMATELY LEAVING US WITH NO "IDENTITY" ......IE; JJ -VS- FOOTE....FAST FORWARD >>>>>> WELCOME TO "THE U”, 2014 .....JUST CALL ME "OL' SKOOL" ......END OF STORY

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back