Desperation is Strong Here

After 39 games there is enough of a body of work on the field to clearly see that this team is not headed in the right direction.

Butch went 5-6 in his 3rd year. I'm guessing you would've said the same about his record through 3 seasons. And your opinion that AG is not the right person for the job is just that....your opinion...which doesn't make it a fact. What is a fact is that, as the talent has improved, the number of wins has also improved. I interpret that fact very cautiously, however. Randy had 3 seasons of improvement, too. I don't necessarily subscribe to the 10 wins or bust or win the Coastal or bust crowd. Just be better. Believe it or not, that could happen without getting more wins or winning the Coastal.

Butch was playing with half a roster. STFU

The argument could be made that AG was playing with less than half a roster. Perhaps if Randy had bothered to recruit, that would've been different.

Advertisement
After 39 games there is enough of a body of work on the field to clearly see that this team is not headed in the right direction.

Butch went 5-6 in his 3rd year. I'm guessing you would've said the same about his record through 3 seasons. And your opinion that AG is not the right person for the job is just that....your opinion...which doesn't make it a fact. What is a fact is that, as the talent has improved, the number of wins has also improved. I interpret that fact very cautiously, however. Randy had 3 seasons of improvement, too. I don't necessarily subscribe to the 10 wins or bust or win the Coastal or bust crowd. Just be better. Believe it or not, that could happen without getting more wins or winning the Coastal.

The argument could be made that AG was playing with less than half a roster. Perhaps if Randy had bothered to recruit, that would've been different.

He did recruit. Paid a good deal of money for them on his watch apparently. Even paid some to play for other teams.

and al golden didn't go 5-6, i'm sure you have point, we just don't know what it is.

Only stupid people don't know what my point is. Only dummies. Not saying you are one.

It's painfully obvious you are a recent Miami fan, and clearly weren't an adult in Butch's era. Otherwise, you'd KNOW what in the **** Butch had when it came to scholarship losses. Ever go just a tiny bit beyond a raw stat?

Ever compare actual apples to apples, or are you accustomed to comparing apples to dingleberries?

Now, go back and consider the siht storm Butch had on his hands. Al Golden doesn't know a damned thing about a "CLOUD."

Last edited:

It's painfully obvious you are a recent Miami fan, and clearly weren't an adult in Butch's era. Otherwise, you'd KNOW what in the **** Butch had when it came to scholarship losses. Ever go just a tiny bit beyond a raw stat?

Ever compare actual apples to apples, or are you accustomed to comparing apples to dingleberries?

Now, go back and consider the siht storm Butch had on his hands. Al Golden doesn't know a damned thing about a "CLOUD."

LOL. UM CO '91. Went to my first Miami game in the 70s.

If you don't get my point, that says a lot more about you than it does me. Go back to playing super-duper top secret spy games and dodging hit men.

Advertisement

These were the players on Butch's roster between 98 & 99when he was getting his doors blown off by Syracuse, giving up 670+ yards and 45 points to UCLA, losing to the likes of ECU and getting owned by VT and FSU.

Ed Reed 99
Mike Rumph 99
Clinton Portis 99
Martin Bibla 99
Najeh Davenport 99
Daryl Jones 99
Joaquin Gonzalez 99
Kenny Kelly 99
Dan Morgan 99 &98
Damione Lewis 99 &98
Santana Moss 99 &98
Reggie Wayne 99 &98
James Jackson 99 &98
Leonard Myers 99 &98
Andre King 99 &98
Bubba Franks 99 &98
Michael Boireau 99 &98
Nate Webster 99 &98
Richard Mercier 99 &98
Mondriel Fulcher 99 &98
Edgerrin James 98
Nick Williams 98
Scott Covington 98

Boo wooo wooo

Last edited:

If you don't get my point, that says a lot more about you than it does me. Go back to playing super-duper top secret spy games and dodging hit men.

Cool! I went to my first in 1973. Remember well when Schnellenberger was hired.

I'm confused about some super-duper top secret spy games and dodging hit men. ??? I only had two off-the-books missions. And since we were the ambushers - we didn't dodge. And because we did them right - our targets couldn't either.

My bad. You got that Alzheimer's kicking in. My condolences.

I'm confused about some super-duper top secret spy games and dodging hit men. ??? I only had two off-the-books missions. And since we were the ambushers - we didn't dodge. And because we did them right - our targets couldn't either.

Oh, I see. You just made up all that *****.

2011 - Ohio State 6-7
2012 - VT 7-6
2013 - UF 4-8

At the specific times, OSU and UF were big wins for the team and Golden.

It is really an irrelevant question, IMO, as those 3 wins do not conclude that he is a good or bad coach.

Still not seeing all these "Al Golden is a great football coach" posts that you guys are trying to disprove.

Nice signature wins. Real watershed moments in history.

So UM beating OSU and UF were not big at the times those games were played?

I get you're trying to say at the moment, but you have to look at games. As to how big they were at the end of the season. Looking at the entire of body of work.

Beating a 6-7 and a 4-8 team. Can not be counted as big wins. Sure they are big name programs, but they were shells of their former selves.

Advertisement
2011 - Ohio State 6-7
2012 - VT 7-6
2013 - UF 4-8

It is really an irrelevant question, IMO, as those 3 wins do not conclude that he is a good or bad coach.

Still not seeing all these "Al Golden is a great football coach" posts that you guys are trying to disprove.

I get you're trying to say at the moment, but you have to look at games. As to how big they were at the end of the season. Looking at the entire of body of work.

Beating a 6-7 and a 4-8 team. Can not be counted as big wins. Sure they are big name programs, but they were shells of their former selves.

I'm partial to both sides here but we can't dismiss the fact that we beat a full squad florida team with almost zero injuries and at the very end of the season they only had like 5 original starters out of the 22 that started the season healthy. But yes AG has a lot to prove this year because so far he hasn't had any big time wins

2011 - Ohio State 6-7
2012 - VT 7-6
2013 - UF 4-8

I disagree that we no longer judge games as they are played, but after the season ends to see if they really meant something.

Oh, I see. You just made up all that *****.

No. I didn't make up any of it.

2011 - Ohio State 6-7
2012 - VT 7-6
2013 - UF 4-8

I disagree that we no longer judge games as they are played, but after the season ends to see if they really meant something.

I understand from a Cane fan aspect that UF is always a big game. Playing them for a final time. Even makes it more of a huge game, too us.

Just don't think that it was a big game outside of that.

I don't think the win Randy got over OU was big either.

Beating FSU this past season. ND, our KSU the year prior would have been big, because we would have beaten a teams that did something.

Advertisement

I understand from a Cane fan aspect that UF is always a big game. Playing them for a final time. Even makes it more of a huge game, too us.

Beating FSU this past season. ND, our KSU the year prior would have been big, because we would have beaten a teams that did something.

When was the last time Miami had a signature win under this definition?

Since the 2001 NCG. We have beaten 6 teams that have won their conference. 5 of those teams are all from the ACC. Louisville the 6th conference winner in 2004. Is the only team we have beaten. That their sole loss that season, was from us.

We have beaten 6 teams with double digit wins. Guess who that 6th team is....VT 2002.

The last time we beat a double digit FSU team, was in 2003. When we beat them twice in one season.

Sadly this is the state of our program. It isn't pretty and you have to search for quality wins.

If i some how missed one. Point it out to me and i will add it.

Last edited:

Since the 2001 NCG. We have beaten 6 teams that have won their conference. 5 of those teams are all from the ACC. Louisville the 6th conference winner in 2004. Is the only team we have beaten. That their sole loss that season, was from us.

We have beaten 6 teams with double digit wins. Guess who that 6th team is....VT 2002.

The last time we beat a double digit FSU team, was in 2003. When we beat them twice in one season.

Sadly this is the state of our program. It isn't pretty and you have to search for quality wins.

If i some how missed one. Point it out to me and i will add it.

2009 Randy's Canes beat a really good Ga.Tech team that was ranked 13th and finished the season 11-3 including ACC Champs. (they later had to vacate the ACC Title)

This was a signature win. The team looked good beating what was at the end of the season a really good team.

Advertisement
2008 Randy's Canes beat a really good Vag. Tech team. that ended up 10-4 and won the ACCCG.

That was a signature win against a good team that ended the season with a conference championship and ranked 17th in the BCS.

2008 Randy's Canes beat a really good Vag. Tech team. that ended up 10-4 and won the ACCCG.

That was a signature win against a good team that ended the season with a conference championship and ranked 17th in the BCS.

whats clear at this point is that Randy was actually a better coach than F.A.G. - that is a startling realization when you open your eyes.

I thought we couldnt get any worse than Randy - boy was I wrong

Yeah, those 2 wins you speak of are included into 6 teams stated above.

Yeah, those 2 wins you speak of are included into 6 teams stated above.

OK I wasn't sure. I just wanted to give a couple of examples of what I considered quality wins.

Advertisement
Back