Desmond Phillips

Advertisement
Advertisement
Toledo lolol everything u need to know about his offers

I guess all these coaches arent smart huh

So? There are a few handfuls of South Florida recruits that go to the MAC every year. Most of them contribute early. Some of them end up all-conference. And a few end up legitimate professional football players.

On one hand, you can't claim that Miami does a poor job evaluating when they don't recruit players like Khalil Mack and Antonio Brown (both MAC alumus, FWIW) and then on the other, laugh at another South Florida player committing to a MAC school.

Can Desmond Phillips play? Yes or no? That is all I care about. I've seen him enough to think he can play.

I think a place like that is where he will make himself. If he comes here he sits. Possibly forever. However, if he goes there, he is probably the best athlete on the team and they will feature him in the offense. Just like a Macgarret Kings type. Come here and be one of the guys, or go there and be the man. It happens all the time..... Good for him. I hope he makes the best of it. Maybe something falls through and we take a chance on him, but I would only want us to if we were actually going to use him.

So? There are a few handfuls of South Florida recruits that go to the MAC every year. Most of them contribute early. Some of them end up all-conference. And a few end up legitimate professional football players.

On one hand, you can't claim that Miami does a poor job evaluating when they don't recruit players like Khalil Mack and Antonio Brown (both MAC alumus, FWIW) and then on the other, laugh at another South Florida player committing to a MAC school.

Can Desmond Phillips play? Yes or no? That is all I care about. I've seen him enough to think he can play.

I get that players are always overlooked and slip through the cracks but his guy was committed to us. Then decommits for Toledo?

He was also the MVP of the North-South game (could be wrong on that being the name). He plays in the hottest area of recruiting in the country. Even Shemar Smith, a player on his team, has better offers.

Just seems weird that so many people think this is a huge loss (I'm not saying he isn't cuz his tapes look mean AF) yet the only teams recruiting him are outside of P5. It's gotta be grades or personal issues right?

Advertisement

I get that players are always overlooked and slip through the cracks but his guy was committed to us. Then decommits for Toledo?

He was also the MVP of the North-South game (could be wrong on that being the name). He plays in the hottest area of recruiting in the country. Even Shemar Smith, a player on his team, has better offers.

Just seems weird that so many people think this is a huge loss (I'm not saying he isn't cuz his tapes look mean AF) yet the only teams recruiting him are outside of P5. It's gotta be grades or personal issues right?
If he wanted to play receiver at a P5 school he should've switched before his senior year. He's athletic, but not some 6'5, 4.30 40 yd dash athletic freak. It's not hard to see why big schools don't want to take a chance on a guy with zero tape at the position he'll be playing. He doesn't have the insane measurables to convince recruiters either.

Look, this isn't 1990 anymore and players have a better opportunity to go to the NFL from non P5 school. The difference is they can compete earlier, shine, and get just as much exposure. The top group of 5 teams (Toledo being one of them) produce almost as much NFL talent as the p5 schools.

Look, this isn't 1990 anymore and players have a better opportunity to go to the NFL from non P5 school. The difference is they can compete earlier, shine, and get just as much exposure. The top group of 5 teams (Toledo being one of them) produce almost as much NFL talent as the p5 schools.

yeah. if only jerry rice went to a P5 lol just kidding but players always made it from Non P-5 schools.

yeah. if only jerry rice went to a P5 lol just kidding but players always made it from Non P-5 schools.

point taken. I didn't say players had no opportunity, they just have a better one now. The amount of exposure for non p5 players is infinitely more now (bowl games and tv) than 20 years ago.

Advertisement

Cool story. I dont think he had much power 5 options

Advertisement
honestly, if richt dont want him, that is enough for me. the guy is a great recruiter. Golden loaded this class up with kids as a desperate attempt to save his job. to say "look at all the kids I got" if people on this board (except a few coaches) were so great, they would be coaching. I heard on this board Trayone Gray would start as a true freshman part of the problem with recruiting sites is guys grad a kid like phillips and promote him because they want to be able to say they found a hidden gem. Im not saying he wont be good but Richt has clearly told certain kids to move on. 14 pages on a 2 star who is committed to Toldedo?

honestly, if richt dont want him, that is enough for me. the guy is a great recruiter. Golden loaded this class up with kids as a desperate attempt to save his job. to say "look at all the kids I got" if people on this board (except a few coaches) were so great, they would be coaching. I heard on this board Trayone Gray would start as a true freshman part of the problem with recruiting sites is guys grad a kid like phillips and promote him because they want to be able to say they found a hidden gem. Im not saying he wont be good but Richt has clearly told certain kids to move on. 14 pages on a 2 star who is committed to Toldedo?

He is a south Florida 2 star, that is a high 4 star anywhere else.

Advertisement
Back