Deshawn Woods, 2022 OG/OT, Nebraska

Advertisement
Glad to see the kids from Oghanistan getting national love. Finally the recognition we deserve. There's plenty of D1 talent around here.

Advertisement
Who are his Top 3? Miami, obviously, from the Rivals post.
Guessing Mizzou and Arizona State???

If so, I think he’s ours after he visits.

Very talented prospect here.

Have a nose guard short in stature but wide like the Fork Wilfork to clog is priceless.

zero tackles but clog and feed LB

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wiltfong with a CB to Arizona St.

Need him to OV same weekend as Jacurri and Kaden Helms.
This one hurts. I was expecting Woods to be our top O-line recruit. I know we're after Tyler Booker, Jacob Allen, and Julian Armella; but it did not feel like we were their favorites. Now it seems like Malik Agbo will be the top O-line signing, and maybe we get Leyton Nelson and, I don't know, Jason Seraphin. Maaybee we sign Dayne Shor. Maybe we get around to offering Shomari Seymour. I'm now kind of bearish on our O-line for this class, and I thought we needed to sign 5.

Advertisement
This one hurts. I was expecting Woods to be our top O-line recruit. I know we're after Tyler Booker, Jacob Allen, and Julian Armella; but it did not feel like we were their favorites. Now it seems like Malik Agbo will be the top O-line signing, and maybe we get Leyton Nelson and, I don't know, Jason Seraphin. Maaybee we sign Dayne Shor. Maybe we get around to offering Shomari Seymour. I'm now kind of bearish on our O-line for this class, and I thought we needed to sign 5.
Woods, Armella, and Agbo were receptive listeners to Miami. Now only two are. Booker and Shor = SEC/Not Miami. Jacob Allen could commit with a good OV and family buy in but another long shot.

Hopefully they can get 1 of Agbo / Nelson if Miami plans on taking 4-5.

Justice still has not made any HS visits so It'll come down to a lot of film evaluation to see how this crop turns out. Maybe he gets some in the summer/fall...that'll likely be more beneficial for next cycle though.

Last edited:
He is most likely not coming here as others have said, but I don't always believe the package deal nonsense. I could name 50 kids over the last few cycles who were "package deals," yet they went to different programs. These kids grow up wanting to play together, so that is what they all say initially, but when the heat is turned on down the stretch, they eventually make their own decision.

He is most likely not coming here as others have said, but I don't always believe the package deal nonsense. I could name 50 kids over the last few cycles who were "package deals," yet they went to different programs. These kids grow up wanting to play together, so that is what they all say initially, but when the heat is turned on down the stretch, they eventually make their own decision.
Woods and Jackson are actually going to the same school. They aren’t joking about being a package deal for clout like a lot of kids do. They support each other and are really close, Miami needs to pick up contact with Jackson. **** the kid has a 10.54 100 meter time and he’s a LB. That’s the type of speed that we our team desperately needs

There is a chance they split up for school per Jackson if each of them fell a different school is better for their individual development.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back