Deshawn Woods, 2022 OG/OT, Nebraska

Goulds Cane

Senior
You normally don't consider the state of Nebraska to be a football hotbed, but the city of Omaha has had some excellent players over the years. From Johnny Rodgers & Gale Sayers to our own Harland Gunn, they've had some good players. Today, I want y'all to meet someone from Harland Gunn's alma mater Omaha Central High: 6'4 270 OG/T Deshawn Woods.

Right now he is a little raw technique-wise, but DEAR GOD he is athletic!!!!! Under the tutelage of Coach Justice & in the care of Feeley & Co, he could be a BEAST by his RS SO year!

Right now according to 247 Composite, he is the #3 guard in the country & #1 player in Nebraska with a high 4 star rating of .9583! Woods has offers from Arizona State, Buffalo, Florida, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas State, Michigan State, Mizzou, Nebraska, South Dakota State & Texas A&M. He is currently "warm" towards Nebraska. With over a year before his signing day, we have plenty of time to hop into his recruitment. Get Harland Gunn in touch with him & get Justice on the case immediately!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good kid that works hard too like Harlan. He helped me coach a 7th Grade team here (Omaha) this season. We've got a chance if we jump on him early. I've sent the UM coaches his info, etc so we'll see. They need to make moves on Micah Riley also. A 2022 monster at TE up here. I sent his info to Fields. FSU, Iowa, Michigan, etc have already offered. Solid hunting Goulds.

It doesn't help he's only 6'3 and 300 pounds. Short, and small. Somewhat of a tweener.

But he did do better at tackle, fasho.
Yeah being a tweener at OL isn’t ideal unless you’re superior at speed and/or strength. Scaife while decent at both has had a difficult transition at the college level mastering either OL spot. Coaching has been an issue in this recent past hopefully Justice can help development.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Zach Dykstra says hi.

He wasn't your typical midwest farm boy road grader, who enjoys snatching opposing linemens souls. Hence why Iowa and Iowa state didn't put up a knock down drag out fight, I believe they offered as a local courtesy. Also Dykstra wanted out of the midwest for some reason.

For 2022 OG DeShawn Woods it will be very different, Nebraska will employ their best Bagmen and Ashley Graham type hostesses. Scott Frost desperately needs to not only win in 2021 but also land a good 2022 class.

Go Canes

He wasn't your typical midwest farm boy road grader, who enjoys snatching opposing linemens souls. Hence why Iowa and Iowa state didn't put up a knock down drag out fight, I believe they offered as a local courtesy. Also Dykstra wanted out of the midwest for some reason.

For 2022 OG DeShawn Woods it will be very different, Nebraska will employ their best Bagmen and Ashley Graham type hostesses. Scott Frost desperately needs to not only win in 2021 but also land a good 2022 class.

Go Canes
Oh, I am not saying they're the same. I just responded to someone saying 'midwest roadgrader blah blah.' The midwest is full of mediocre prospects. It has its good ones, too. Thinking a kid is going to be a great OL because midwest is like thinking a kid will be a great WR or DB because Florida. Seeing as we can't even evaluate LBs and DBs in our own back yard very well, count me as suspicious that we'll evaluate an OL from the midwest any better. But who knows.

That said, Dykstra did not have an offer from Iowa. Not a real one anyhow. He committed to us early, took no other visits. The offers the sites list are basically 'hi how ya doin' type offers. IMO.

Maybe Woods is the real deal. Just hoping we conclude that based on a good eval, not some belief in midwestern kids being better.

Advertisement

Go Canes
Lmao

1616787119678.png

Advertisement
Back