DeShawn Troutman, LB Orlando Edgewater ('21)

Guys, again, as someone that covers HS football and been around Edgewater program... Troutman is someone you want on your team. **** stars! This kid is going to be a viable player for the program. He was and is the coaches favorite player. When the Lu talk about him you see the gleam in their eyes. I saw him last week and he is still growing. He is quick and fast! Tougher than most of these kids that are running at 5*. You will love this kid.
And there’s no one that’s saying he isn’t a talented kid but you don’t not recruit somebody just because a kid with half his talent wants to commit here.

Why is common sense so uncommon? Who takes a player that’s less talented just because he’s easier? That’s literally the definition of settling.

Advertisement
Are you really this bad at reading? Has junior high been closed that long? Thought it was just a few weeks.

Yes I said take Troutman. Nowhere did I say "don't take Zbrod95's crush".

Now I would love to carry on flirting with you here, but, as an adult with a life and a job, 1) I have to get up in the morning 2)I'm kind of hoping that by then you will have been able to wrap your head around a pretty straight forward post of mine and 3) I don't want to get charged with statutory rape over this exchange.
It’s only 9:40 pm. You can go til 10

Are you really this bad at reading? Has junior high been closed that long? Thought it was just a few weeks.

Yes I said take Troutman. Nowhere did I say "don't take Zbrod95's crush".

Now I would love to carry on flirting with you here, but, as an adult with a life and a job, 1) I have to get up in the morning 2)I'm kind of hoping that by then you will have been able to wrap your head around a pretty straight forward post of mine and 3) I don't want to get charged with statutory rape over this exchange.
Don’t worry bro, I know I wedged that L way in there that you got to resort to insults because you don’t have enough football intelligence to debate me.

If it helps, I think all of you know more about football than me so hopefully that gives someone some comfort.

Advertisement
Yea no. He’s got multiple plays where he broke on the football while playing coverage. Just because you don’t know what you’re looking at and think he need to pick the ball off instead of breaking up the pass doesn’t mean he isn’t talented. Nice try young in, but you should actually learn more about how to actually play safety before commenting.
First of all I played the game second u can't deny what I said is true. U take a ilb with experience over a guy who has to learn it every day. And if u think breaking up a pass over picking it off is the way to go u need help the name of the game for defense is take the ball away not give them another down

First of all I played the game second u can't deny what I said is true. U take a ilb with experience over a guy who has to learn it every day. And if u think breaking up a pass over picking it off is the way to go u need help the name of the game for defense is take the ball away not give them another down
So did I...and I got buddies playing in the league. I can tell you were coached in SFL.
No kid, you don’t pick the pass off. You make the smart play every time which would be to break up the pass. You don’t pick the pass because that’s not the smart play. If you can pick it while breaking up the pass then yes but your priority is to break up the pass...PERIOD.

7EA9031E-863A-4248-8192-79A4E25EA63B.jpeg

So did I...and I got buddies playing in the league. I can tell you were coached in SFL.
No kid, you don’t pick the pass off. You make the smart play every time which would be to break up the pass. You don’t pick the pass because that’s not the smart play. If you can pick it while breaking up the pass then yes but your priority is to break up the pass...PERIOD.
I think we should take troutman and then find a spot for the nc kid like chase smith. Bc honestly wouldn’t be a bad pickup at rb either

Advertisement
@Kayone I’m not talking about you btw. I know you’re knowledgeable. I’m just trying to make a general statement.
I hear you bro. Honestly, the only knock I had against him was size, but that young man is growing. I certainly think there are options at I seen at LB outside of the state, but keeping it in state... this kid is tough. He pounded the **** out of 3 good teams that had 5 star talent. Marietta, St. Thomas, and Armwood. He showed me in those games he’s a beast.

Guys, again, as someone that covers HS football and been around Edgewater program... Troutman is someone you want on your team. **** stars! This kid is going to be a viable player for the program. He was and is the coaches favorite player. When the Lu talk about him you see the gleam in their eyes. I saw him last week and he is still growing. He is quick and fast! Tougher than most of these kids that are running at 5*. You will love this kid.
He plays right. Seek/destroy LB.

You referenced size. Is he 5-10 180 or 5-11 195? I think that makes a difference in where he is as a prospect. If he is big enough, I see a really good LB and I trust your evaluation as to the type of dude you want. He looks mean out there.

I think we should take troutman and then find a spot for the nc kid like chase smith. Bc honestly wouldn’t be a bad pickup at rb either
And if we can do that then let’s do it but it’s utter retardation to take a kid who has less talent than somebody else because he’s more developed. You’re paid to coach and develop, not settle.

And there’s no one that’s saying he isn’t a talented kid but you don’t not recruit somebody just because a kid with half his talent wants to commit here.

Why is common sense so uncommon? Who takes a player that’s less talented just because he’s easier? That’s literally the definition of settling.

What are you basing Troutman having half the talent of Poole on? You’ve said it multiple times so just wondering how you came to this extreme conclusion.

Advertisement
And if we can do that then let’s do it but it’s utter retardation to take a kid who has less talent than somebody else because he’s more developed. You’re paid to coach and develop, not settle.
I mean yea I think they should gage ole boys interest and then see before taking troutmans commitment

What are you basing Troutman having half the talent of Poole on? You’ve said it multiple times so just wondering how you came to this extreme conclusion.
Because he does. You’re talking about an undersized guy who uses instincts and needs weight over a guy who’s 6’0 225 that ran a 4.6 at 16 with a 39’ inch vert, is a 1500 yard RB, and is a safety so you know he can cover. You just take the “find and hit the hole” mentality and flip it to the LB side. Again I like Troutman and I think he can be productive but you don’t settle for him when you have a guy with first round pick measurables in front of you.

That is the dumbest thing I have heard and ya i played in soflo where we produced the most nfl players who are raved about for there playmaking. U take the ball away from the team they dont score u win pretty simple

Advertisement
That is the dumbest thing I have heard and ya i played in soflo where we produced the most nfl players who are raved about for there playmaking. U take the ball away from the team they dont score u win pretty simple
Dude, 80% of your coaches wouldn’t have job in football in other states. If you tried to pick the pass instead of breaking it up and missed then that’s a catch. You understand that right? Why do you think CBs in the NFL don’t try and pick the pass unless they can put a good portion of their body in front of it or high pointing it?

Dude, 80% of your coaches wouldn’t have job in football in other states. If you tried to pick the pass instead of breaking it up and missed then that’s a catch. You understand that right? Why do you think CBs in the NFL don’t try and pick the pass unless they can put a good portion of their body in front of it or high pointing it?
Lol sure they wouldn't. I'm not oblivious u dont just dive for a ball u dont have a high chance of catching but poole would watch as the qb stared the wr from snap and decided to go for the hit instead of easily picking it off

Lol sure they wouldn't. I'm not oblivious u dont just dive for a ball u dont have a high chance of catching but poole would watch as the qb stared the wr from snap and decided to go for the hit instead of easily picking it off
I’m not getting into it with you over this. Anybody who’s played and was actually coached knows I’m right. You always make the smart play no matter what and the smart play doesn’t always lead to a turnover. I’m sorry you had ****** coaches.

I’m not getting into it with you over this. Anybody who’s played and was actually coached knows I’m right. You always make the smart play no matter what and the smart play doesn’t always lead to a turnover. I’m sorry you had ****** coaches.
Ya I guess my coaches were just so ****** the put hundreds of players in college and nfl along with winning states man their horrible

Advertisement
Back