2024 Deryc Plazz, OT - Andrew Jackson HS (Jacksonville FL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It just seems like this year‘s OL class isn‘t that great and we’ve already missed some targets. I think they need him regardless. Im hoping for Ahfua but we’ve seen Utah talk on that one so we’ll have to see.

I can’t remember which one but I saw a national writer for 247 say how down the OT class is this year and how coaches are targeting body frames and traits trying to put their classes together. I would hope we don’t reach for anyone and use the portal to fill gaps if this class is that weak on the OL this year

It just seems like this year‘s OL class isn‘t that great and we’ve already missed some targets. I think they need him regardless. Im hoping for Ahfua but we’ve seen Utah talk on that one so we’ll have to see.
Yep... and Plazz isn't all that. Easily 3 years, maybe 4, before he would see the playing field. So do we spend a 'ship on this cat...asking for a friend.

I can’t remember which one but I saw a national writer for 247 say how down the OT class is this year and how coaches are targeting body frames and traits trying to put their classes together. I would hope we don’t reach for anyone and use the portal to fill gaps if this class is that weak on the OL this year
They can definitely take the developmental types at OT. It would be nice to get another Kinsler or Cooper level OG though

Advertisement
If Mario & Miribal want him that's all that needs to be known. We usually say stuff like if "so-so coach wants him we should want him" well that's what Mario is.
So they don't miss is what you're saying? They don't take chances? Players with a lower grade will start and be contributors because MC is an OL savant is what you're saying, right?

If Mario & Miribal want him that's all that needs to be known. We usually say stuff like if "so-so coach wants him we should want him" well that's what Mario is.
Yeah, I agree on the OL. My bigger concern was missing on developmental types they wanted but I’ve been told that a lot of these so-called developmental types don’t see themselves as that and they also want the money that goes with their visions of themselves.

Advertisement
Of course they miss just less often then most. McCoy & Cooper look like hits in year 1.
Shall see. They missed plenty out West. We have a couple on this team that transferred and frankly they stink. Those were MC evals...

There’s several highly regarded OTs this cycle, but only one 5* who plays for Mater Dei. The problem is, it wasn’t a plethora of them, & b/c it was at a premium, schools have snatched them up at a ravenous rate, early.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back