Derrick Smith

CanesHoopsman

Make Shots Get Stops
Premium
Someone said moar player threads?

The guy made a few nice tackles on special teams I noticed. Good to see him out there, seems to be more than capable physically.

Happy Tuesday!

Advertisement
If Knowles is gonna make freshman mistakes might as well put a freshman out there (Smith or Carter) that has better athleticism.

The only safety on the team that physically looks the part. Length and strength.

Would love to see more of this kid. I hope to see him surprise some people as he gains experience and the trust of the coaches. Big fan of his.

Advertisement
Good catch, Went back and watched the game. He was an ace on coverage, they gotta reward him with some pt. So much subbing going on with the defense you'd think we would see a little more from the two freshman safeties

I’ve always been a fan of smith and thought he was always overlooked because of Shaun Wade and Tyreke Johnson...he’s been a good ST guy so far. I’ve always thought everybody underestimated his athleticism...I guess the staff doesn’t fully trust him yet to give him a chance

Advertisement
The only safety on the team that physically looks the part. Length and strength.

This description also perfectly describes Amari Carter. Physically, both of these kids look the way a UM safety should look

Carter looks shorter than his listed 6’ 2”. No ?

I saw him during the Spring Game and he didn't look that far off of that height to me. Kid is a physical specimen..

5212843.0.jpg

With our elite 18 DB class coming in, I wonder if Smith and Carter will be moved to Linebacker. I mean, Rangy athletic backers that can cover and hit are the wave now days.

Advertisement
Anybody but knowles please....
He’s given up over half of the the passing yards and passing touchdowns in the last 2 games.... he trash

I gotta admit I hate seeing these threads that overlook Jaquan Johnson. He’s been pretty **** good for us here. He was an absolute must get by 90% of this board. Yet now he’s too slow, too small, blah blah blah. Somewhere along the line ST became the prototype at Safety for UM. Fact is he is a Bo Jackson type talent and those come around every 15-20 yrs. I’m telling you all Jaquan will have a MONSTER senior season.

Advertisement
With our elite 18 DB class coming in, I wonder if Smith and Carter will be moved to Linebacker. I mean, Rangy athletic backers that can cover and hit are the wave now days.
[MENTION=1165]Dwinstitles[/MENTION] what u think bruh?

Maybe why light LB recruiting

Here is a thought...

How about we get a big lead and then the back ups can come in and get some valuable playing time. These close games are keeping that from happening.

Advertisement
Back