Derrick Smith

I know a lot of ppl want to see more of these true freshmen BUT I guess the upperclassmen are getting the best of them!! Next year, it will be fun watching these players compete, we all think some true freshmen will just come in here and start day 1 BUT it's not that easy..

I was one the that put Smith in the same sense of ST26 and ppl wanted to stone me BUT all I was saying was that DS25 has the mold of ST26, he's big tall and has speed!! BUT honestly I still feel the same way, bc my friends ST started off as a ST guy and rose from their.. DS25 is playing ST and making plays and I believe next year, he will make the leap just like our boy Carter!! Next year, this team will be loaded with talent..

Advertisement
I gotta admit I hate seeing these threads that overlook Jaquan Johnson. He’s been pretty **** good for us here. He was an absolute must get by 90% of this board. Yet now he’s too slow, too small, blah blah blah. Somewhere along the line ST became the prototype at Safety for UM. Fact is he is a Bo Jackson type talent and those come around every 15-20 yrs. I’m telling you all Jaquan will have a MONSTER senior season.

I don't think anything in this thread downgrades Jaquan, it's just recognition for Smiffy! Agreed though that JJ is doing major ball for us and is going under the radar a bit. He's got his hands full with what been going on at that other safety spot, and JJ's been playing all over the field. He's great.

This kid has been lights out on special teams. Would love to see him get a crack over Knowles.

I really don’t understand with what Knowles has put on film and they continue to play him. They talked about Carter all spring and some of Fall Camp and won’t even give him snaps. It’s mind boggling to me that they keep Knowles out there

Advertisement
With our elite 18 DB class coming in, I wonder if Smith and Carter will be moved to Linebacker. I mean, Rangy athletic backers that can cover and hit are the wave now days.

HEY, I been screaming that scenario since the offseason!! And now after the way the LB recruiting is going, I really think CMR and Diaz are eyeing a few current players to make the switch with and I really believe Carter and Smith could be candidates!! NOW Storm18' will bring a lot of talent, BUT this staff isn't playing that OK he's here he's the starter, NO NO NO the Storm18' recruits will have to compete and deliver IF they want to see action.. This is why it's so important for them all to sign for the early signing and get to camp ASAP!!

I gotta admit I hate seeing these threads that overlook Jaquan Johnson. He’s been pretty **** good for us here. He was an absolute must get by 90% of this board. Yet now he’s too slow, too small, blah blah blah. Somewhere along the line ST became the prototype at Safety for UM. Fact is he is a Bo Jackson type talent and those come around every 15-20 yrs. I’m telling you all Jaquan will have a MONSTER senior season.

Thank you. JJ has really impressed me.

Anybody but knowles please....
He’s given up over half of the the passing yards and passing touchdowns in the last 2 games.... he trash

Check out Knowles on the first play of this highlight video (SMH)

[video=youtube;oSUTr2q-DGI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSUTr2q-DGI[/video]

Advertisement
He’s given up over half of the the passing yards and passing touchdowns in the last 2 games.... he trash

All game dude was playing like 15 yards off the receiver and would turn and run as soon as the ball was snapped. A few times he still got beat playing that far off -___- Not gonna say he is complete garbage just yet but hes close

When did Young start seeing lots of snaps last season? Right about now, midway through, I believe. I truly hope at least two of Dean, Bandy, Smith and Carter start emerging as legitimate options to start soon.

All game dude was playing like 15 yards off the receiver and would turn and run as soon as the ball was snapped. A few times he still got beat playing that far off -___- Not gonna say he is complete garbage just yet but hes close
The WR didn't even touch him and he fell down.

terrible tape on Knowles. it looks like he's trying not to *** up. but ***s up in the process of trying not to *** up.

Advertisement
Shouldn't need to be said, but looking the part and being able to handle the different schemes/coverages is a whole different thing. That knowles is out there says it all.

Carter is most def a linebacker. Has no business at safety he cant cover

Yeah. I've definitely seen all I need to see from Carter at this level to be able to make an informed decision...dumbass

Problem with you internet weirdo's yall hide behind this too talk reckless to ppl you know you'll never see. This a forum to discuss a team we all love and that's exactly what I'm doing. This is my opinion kid looks stiff and I think he would be a great Sam backer in our scheme. So chill with all the name calling you doing from behind you computer ok? ok.

Yeah. I've definitely seen all I need to see from Carter at this level to be able to make an informed decision...dumbass

Problem with you internet weirdo's yall hide behind this too talk reckless to ppl you know you'll never see. This a forum to discuss a team we all love and that's exactly what I'm doing. This is my opinion kid looks stiff and I think he would be a great Sam backer in our scheme. So chill with all the name calling you doing from behind you computer ok? ok.

Let me square it up for you. Don't pretend to get all offended by a little name calling and at the same time assume that it's reckless talk from someone who hides behind a computer. You're either easily offended by an internet weirdo challenging your opinion, or your a tough dude to whom it would be reckless to speak to this way. You are not both, and I am not either of the things you have assumed, an internet weirdo or reckless.

The fact is that Carter has not yet had enough reps for anyone to conclude that he has no business at safety because he can't cover. It may be true that he would make a great SAM LB, but we have LB's. We've been able to rotate about 5 different guys at LB to have a mostly functioning unit. What we haven't been able to do is field a pair of competent safeties with any consistency.

So, if personal insults are going to shatter your self esteem, I'll leave them out. But I still think your opinion is garbage.

Advertisement
With our elite 18 DB class coming in, I wonder if Smith and Carter will be moved to Linebacker. I mean, Rangy athletic backers that can cover and hit are the wave now days.
[MENTION=1165]Dwinstitles[/MENTION] what u think bruh?

Maybe why light LB recruiting

I always thought Smith will playu Linebacker here Carter I dont know man dude is just there to take heads off, we have a special group coming in that will get serious burn.

Let me square it up for you. Don't pretend to get all offended by a little name calling and at the same time assume that it's reckless talk from someone who hides behind a computer. You're either easily offended by an internet weirdo challenging your opinion, or your a tough dude to whom it would be reckless to speak to this way. You are not both, and I am not either of the things you have assumed, an internet weirdo or reckless.

The fact is that Carter has not yet had enough reps for anyone to conclude that he has no business at safety because he can't cover. It may be true that he would make a great SAM LB, but we have LB's. We've been able to rotate about 5 different guys at LB to have a mostly functioning unit. What we haven't been able to do is field a pair of competent safeties with any consistency.

So, if personal insults are going to shatter your self esteem, I'll leave them out. But I still think your opinion is garbage.

Nothing to Square up.
That's my opinion you disagree. Will keep it pushing....

Advertisement
Back