2023 Derrick LeBlanc top 7

Advertisement
Venables will have a bit of a runway with Florida kids since he was at Clemson but not sure what that pipeline will look like in the years ahead once these cycles are over with

Me neither,he looks to be at least 3+ years away from beign ready to compete inside.
Do we know for sure they want him strictly on the inside? How is he that different than Jaden Wayne? We need DEs that are stout against the run and not just 240-260 QB killers.

Advertisement
My opinion and it may be unpopular but I’m not a big fan

It's an odd recruitment, imo. I think he was the first 2023 kid that Mario met/talked to after being hired, no? Mario was HOT after this kid at first and then seemed to have broadened the search field to now include 5-7 kids. Not sure where leblanc fits into that group but I'm sure Mario loves his 6-4?/6-5 frame and envisions him as a 275 pound beast in a year or so to play that tweener DL spot.

I do have a sneaking suspicion Leblanc is high but not the highest on their board.

He isn't a long explosive twitchy DE, and he isn't a big sturdy war daddy DT either. Probably best suited as a 3-4 DE. Little bit of a tweaner.

Now I'm not saying he isn't a take, he doesn't have an offer, just that their are levels to this, Mario is going to have a deep talented recruiting board just look at the amount of DL he has already brought in for visits.

Advertisement
It's an odd recruitment, imo. I think he was the first 2023 kid that Mario met/talked to after being hired, no? Mario was HOT after this kid at first and then seemed to have broadened the search field to now include 5-7 kids. Not sure where leblanc fits into that group but I'm sure Mario loves his 6-4?/6-5 frame and envisions him as a 275 pound beast in a year or so to play that tweener DL spot.
Expect more of the broadening search thing. The days of targeting 2-3 guys per position each cycle is over. Got to cast a wide net if you want to land top tier players.

Guys, lol. This 16 YEAR OLD KID is 6’4 270’ish now with a whole 16+ months before he has to be on a college campus. He is plenty big enough now and will play in 300+ range on the next level with ease. He is an interior guy 24//7/365 and has been a priority for us since Mario got here. I know it may seem like an odd concept because we aren’t use to it under previous regimes, but just because we are casting a wide big fish net in addition to him, doesn’t mean we think any less of him.

Guys, lol. This 16 YEAR OLD KID is 6’4 270’ish now with a whole 16+ months before he has to be on a college campus. He is plenty big enough now and will play in 300+ range on the next level with ease. He is an interior guy 24//7/365 and has been a priority for us since Mario got here. I know it may seem like an odd concept because we aren’t use to it under previous regimes, but just because we are casting a wide big fish net in addition to him, doesn’t mean we think any less of him.
Nah bro. We’re good on DTs. Have you seen our depth? Elite.

Pass.

With that being said, I think wherever this kid commits on 7/23, that team will have to sweat it out. I don’t expect us to stop recruiting him if he commits elsewhere and don’t expect others to stop if he commits to us. I can definitely see him still taking some visits in the fall. JMO.

Advertisement
My point is we have brought in a lot of DL to campus this spring, and are planning on bringing more, and we don't know where they sit on Mario's board.

David Hicks-DE
James Smith-DT
Nycolas Harbour-DE
Samuel M'Pemba-DE
Jayden Wayne-DE
John Walker-DT
Rueben Bain-DT
Derrick Leblanc-DT
Jordan Hall-DT
Jaquavius Rassaw-DE
David Ojiegbe-DE

My point is we have brought in a lot of DL to campus this spring, and are planning on bringing more, and we don't know where they sit on Mario's board.

David Hicks-DE
James Smith-DT
Nycolas Harbour-DE
Samuel M'Pemba-DE
Jayden Wayne-DE
John Walker-DT
Rueben Bain-DT
Derrick Leblanc-DT
Jordan Hall-DT
Jaquavius Rassaw-DE
David Ojiegbe-DE

I mean yeah, none of us probably truly know the order that Mario has them pegged. But my point still remains, LeBlanc is a guy we want bad is all I was saying. I was also trying to kill the “tweener” narrative some have posted cause he aint that. Also, outside of Bain, pretty sure LeBlanc has been to UM more than anyone on that list.

Advertisement

1649336095144.png

Advertisement
Back