2023 Derrick LeBlanc top 7

Advertisement
I know he recently visited us and met with Coach Cristobal...

What’s the consensus here? Ohio State or do we feel good here?

I know he recently visited us and met with Coach Cristobal...

What’s the consensus here? Ohio State or do we feel good here?
UCF in top 7 and not FSU? The Nole tears when UCF is beating them out for recruits when they’re officially big 12 will be glorious. Please schedule UCF every year for last game of season, playing duke last week is embarrassing and let FSU know they’re 4th best team in Florida.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MIAMI, Fla. - The highest-ranked prospect running around Ives Estates Park during the Under Armour Camp Series was Kissimmee Osceola Top247 defensive lineman Derrick LeBlanc.

The 6-foot-4, 270-pounder is not so subtlety hinting that a school could hold his commitment soon.

“I’m going to just do it,” LeBlanc told InsideTheU on Sunday when asked about a commitment.

As for a timeline, the rising senior isn’t giving out any hints, but there is a group of schools separating themselves at this stage of the process.

Those would be Miami, Florida, Oklahoma, and Penn State. The Hurricanes will get the nation’s No. 12 defensive lineman on campus next month for the third time since December.

“I’m there next month. You know they have [spring practice] on school days, so I’m going to have to miss one and just go over there. I think maybe the 19th,” LeBlanc said.

Joe Salave’a and Mario Cristobal are spearheading that effort with assistant recruiting director Ed Pata and defensive assistant Jake Swalley also involved.

“Coach Joe and the whole staff, they’re really good people. I like them a lot. I mess with them a lot,” LeBlanc said.

Kevin Steele and LeBlanc, who was actually born in Dade County, have also gotten on the phone.

“I talked to him two days ago,” LeBlanc said. “He’s a really good guy. He said, ‘Guys like you upfront we need.’ That’s something I really took. Miami puts d-linemen in the league, so I can’t really count them out. Plus, I’m from around here - Opa Locka.”

LeBlanc has spent more time than most other 2023’s around Mario Cristobal's program. He was one of the first juniors through the door when the former Oregon coach took over at his alma mater.

“He takes the recruiting part very seriously. That’s why he gets all them guys - I really think that’s why. That boy knows how to recruit. He’s a really good guy.

Cristobal is in communication with LeBlanc “all the time.”

“He said, ‘We need you and we need to keep you in state,’” LeBlanc said.

Outside of a visit to Miami, Florida, UCF, and Oklahoma will host this spring. LeBlanc also hinted that the Hurricanes, Sooners, and Nittany Lions are in place to get official visits.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned or asked, but I’m pretty sure this kids dad was just hired by the Dolphins as an assistant d-line coach.

Advertisement
Back