Derrick Griffin...

Advertisement
If rumors are true, the coaches didn't take Powell as an early entry for a reason and we can only take so many early entry. Not saying anything because I don't know, but can they be holding out to see if someone like Griffin can come in and fill one of those limited spots so they were slow playing Powell? Never know.

If rumors are true, the coaches didn't take Powell as an early entry for a reason and we can only take so many early entry. Not saying anything because I don't know, but can they be holding out to see if someone like Griffin can come in and fill one of those limited spots so they were slow playing Powell? Never know.

I would love to believe that

Why would griff come here? I thought he's about to be inducted into the pro football HOF. Greatest player ever w/o taking a CFB snap. no news is clearly bad news...

Advertisement

I would love to believe that

Me too. For now I have to hope that there's a method to the madness.

Advertisement

Why is there a limit on EEs? There's a limit on how many can count toward last year, but I don't think there's a limit on how many from this class can come in early.

Why does this kid have to enter now? Couldn't he keep taking the test and come for the summer?

I asked this too and never got an answer...

Most kids just want to play football as soon as possible. If he cant get into UM, he will most likely look for somewhere else to enroll. Very rare for a kid to wait this long and keep trying repeatedly to get into 1 school.

Advertisement
Why does this kid have to enter now? Couldn't he keep taking the test and come for the summer?

Most kids just want to play football as soon as possible. If he cant get into UM, he will most likely look for somewhere else to enroll. Very rare for a kid to wait this long and keep trying repeatedly to get into 1 school.

True... But this kid seems to be as set on coming to UM as anyone the past few years. I'm hoping for the kid. Seems to really WANT to be a Cane. Love that.

True... But this kid seems to be as set on coming to UM as anyone the past few years. I'm hoping for the kid. Seems to really WANT to be a Cane. Love that.

I agree, but so did AJL. Lot of kids "want to be Canes" but when they cant get in, they arent going to sit in JUCO for 2 years when they can get into Marshall, or WVU or Kenutcky or some other glorified Daycare center diploma mill and play right away.

The problem is not wether he comes now, or comes in Summer, its wether he can get the **** score on the ACT he needs. If he cant, but its good enough to get into one of those other programs, he's likely going to take the path of least resistance so he can play ball.

I'll believe it after he makes his first play in uniform. Too many clouds and promises to stop partying the month of his test. Just wished these kids handled business all the time versus the last minute...

Advertisement

I agree, but so did AJL. Lot of kids "want to be Canes" but when they cant get in, they arent going to sit in JUCO for 2 years when they can get into Marshall, or WVU or Kenutcky or some other glorified Daycare center diploma mill and play right away.

The problem is not wether he comes now, or comes in Summer, its wether he can get the **** score on the ACT he needs. If he cant, but its good enough to get into one of those other programs, he's likely going to take the path of least resistance so he can play ball.

Yeah I get that... I'm just holding out hope he either gets in or wants to be at Miami bad enough to go whatever route he has to for that to happen. If not, good luck to him.

Why is there a limit on EEs? There's a limit on how many can count toward last year, but I don't think there's a limit on how many from this class can come in early.

I think you're right. Maybe they want to reserve a spot or two to count it towards scholarship reductions.

There's no limit on early EE.That was one of Rose's questions to Golden on monday.Golden said he expected 6-8 but it wasn't a set number and there could be more.

Advertisement
Back