Derrick Griffin...

VACane

Sophomore
I know he gets little love here, but in his recruiting update posted this evening, M. Bakas stated that DG is a "strong possibility" to be here later in the month. That is a big change from what he has been posting for a long time. That would be huge because I think most have written him off (including me) as a real possibility.

Advertisement
I know he gets little love here, but in his recruiting update posted this evening, M. Bakas stated that DG is a "strong possibility" to be here later in the month. That is a big change from what he has been posting for a long time. That would be huge because I think most have written him off (including me) as a real possibility.

Mike bakas also called Dixon to the U and he expected Powell to be here. I will get excited when I see him in a uniform.

Griffin actually gets a lot of love here because he's a **** of a talent. It's just that, based on what's been posted in regards to his chances (or lack thereof) of coming to Miami, he's not expected to be a part of the class.

Griffin ending up here would be the good bounce we desperately need after all the bad news from this past week. Unfortunately, Pete's already said he won't make it.

Mike bakas also called Dixon to the U and he expected Powell to be here. I will get excited when I see him in a uniform.

And so did everyone else, including the "insiders" here. So, your point? Oh, that's right - just have to take a jab. Whatever.

Advertisement

215.gif

Man oh man.

Ive been lighting a candle in my mind every day for this kid. LOL.

I will say this.

I dont have much hope left BUT...... I have had the feeling for a while that we are slow playing Leinus and Njouku with the thought that MAYBE Griffin would get his score. I expect us to take ONE of these kids in this class. The fact that none have committed so far, leads me to think that the staff MAY feel that there's still a chance on Griffin. Oh man what a sweet gift that would be.

Pete can be wrong too. Like anyone really knows the kids academic situation.

This would make up for a lot of the last week.

Griffin actually gets a lot of love here because he's a **** of a talent. It's just that, based on what's been posted in regards to his chances (or lack thereof) of coming to Miami, he's not expected to be a part of the class.

Griffin ending up here would be the good bounce we desperately need after all the bad news from this past week. Unfortunately, Pete's already said he won't make it.

LOL, he was talking about Bakas, not Griffin. I almost made the same mistake you did. I was like "say what"?

Advertisement

I was referring to MB, not Griffin re: no love.

Man oh man.

Ive been lighting a candle in my mind every day for this kid. LOL.

I will say this.

I dont have much hope left BUT...... I have had the feeling for a while that we are slow playing Leinus and Njouku with the thought that MAYBE Griffin would get his score. I expect us to take ONE of these kids in this class. The fact that none have committed so far, leads me to think that the staff MAY feel that there's still a chance on Griffin. Oh man what a sweet gift that would be.

Finally something we can agree on, lol.

And so did everyone else, including the "insiders" here. So, your point? Oh, that's right - just have to take a jab. Whatever.

Easy killer, didn't know his girlfriend posted here. I'm just saying that we shouldn't get too excited just because Mike Bakas said it because like everyone else, he has been known to be wrong. The post is about Mike Bakas statement right?

Pete said something was up last night with Powell and was right. Bakas was still saying Miami. That Chirinos chick was also saying Powell wouldn't stick.

Advertisement

I was referring to MB, not Griffin re: no love.

Whoops. My bad, guys.

He also thought Powell was still coming to miami.Dude's been smalltime for a while now.

He also thought Powell was still coming to miami.Dude's been smalltime for a while now.

That's all I am saying. He's been wrong a lot more than he's been right lately. However, I would like nothing more than for him to be right.

Advertisement

Easy killer, didn't know his girlfriend posted here. I'm just saying that we shouldn't get too excited just because Mike Bakas said it because like everyone else, he has been known to be wrong. The post is about Mike Bakas statement right?

What are you in 8th grade? I actually would expect a better line from that age group, but I am giving you the benefit of doubt. Of course you take his statement for what it is worth. I have been following recruiting online since the late 90's online. Nothing is ever certain until the kid is in classes, and even then, we have had instances where kids started and were pulled out due to flags from the clearinghouse. It is a good piece of news that is worth sharing. We'll see if anything comes of it, but carry on with the little routine if you must.

Bakas admitted he pretty much got all his info on this situation from Griffin's latest tweet saying he'd be in Miami.

He's guessing just like anyone else would be guessing.

What are you in 8th grade? I actually would expect a better line from that age group, but I am giving you the benefit of doubt. Of course you take his statement for what it is worth. I have been following recruiting online since the late 90's online. Nothing is ever certain until the kid is in classes, and even then, we have had instances where kids started and were pulled out due to flags from the clearinghouse. It is a good piece of news that is worth sharing. We'll see if anything comes of it, but carry on with the little routine if you must.

You made a statement, I replied. No need to get upset over that, it wasn't a personal attack on you or a jab at anyone, just a factual statement. Then you asked for my point and I replied with the same attitude that you did. Still no need to get upset, just making a point. You point out that mike gets no love here, then defend him, so I figured there was some sort of relationship. If you're not his girlfriend, I apologize, but I figure that was the only logical explanation for someone still paying for that crap of a service. Sorry ma'am. Hope he is right. It'll be the first time in a long time and his 12 subscribers deserve it.

Advertisement
Back