Derrick Griffin...

Bakas admitted he pretty much got all his info on this situation from Griffin's latest tweet saying he'd be in Miami.

He's guessing just like anyone else would be guessing.

And that's what I call getting your money's worth.

Advertisement
Why does this kid have to enter now? Couldn't he keep taking the test and come for the summer?

I asked this too and never got an answer...

Most kids just want to play football as soon as possible. If he cant get into UM, he will most likely look for somewhere else to enroll. Very rare for a kid to wait this long and keep trying repeatedly to get into 1 school.

True... But this kid seems to be as set on coming to UM as anyone the past few years. I'm hoping for the kid. Seems to really WANT to be a Cane. Love that.

I agree, but so did AJL. Lot of kids "want to be Canes" but when they cant get in, they arent going to sit in JUCO for 2 years when they can get into Marshall, or WVU or Kenutcky or some other glorified Daycare center diploma mill and play right away.

The problem is not wether he comes now, or comes in Summer, its wether he can get the **** score on the ACT he needs. If he cant, but its good enough to get into one of those other programs, he's likely going to take the path of least resistance so he can play ball.

Yes but they ussually don't give up in january and sign with schools like Marshall when there;s still 8 months before football season.They keep trying and once may,june comes around that's when they or the school goes in a different direction.

If rumors are true, the coaches didn't take Powell as an early entry for a reason and we can only take so many early entry. Not saying anything because I don't know, but can they be holding out to see if someone like Griffin can come in and fill one of those limited spots so they were slow playing Powell? Never know.

Why is there a limit on EEs? There's a limit on how many can count toward last year, but I don't think there's a limit on how many from this class can come in early.

You are correct. The entire class could come in January if they had the requirements met.

I know he gets little love here, but in his recruiting update posted this evening, M. Bakas stated that DG is a "strong possibility" to be here later in the month. That is a big change from what he has been posting for a long time. That would be huge because I think most have written him off (including me) as a real possibility.

you kidding? Griffin i think is one of the most loved recruits we have. If he ends up on campus this Goldengate will never be talked about again

I know he gets little love here, but in his recruiting update posted this evening, M. Bakas stated that DG is a "strong possibility" to be here later in the month. That is a big change from what he has been posting for a long time. That would be huge because I think most have written him off (including me) as a real possibility.

you kidding? Griffin i think is one of the most loved recruits we have. If he ends up on campus this Goldengate will never be talked about again

He is talking about Bakas getting little love

Advertisement

Why would that guesser Bakas be getting love over here?

Why would that guesser Bakas be getting love over here?

I'm still waiting on my Canestime magazine highlighting our 08 recruiting class.

Any week now!

I trust Pete on this. He probably knows something. I've pretty much written the kid off. I hope we're wrong.

Advertisement
don't get excited about Griffin, Pete will **** on your parade. Pete, sometimes you need to lie to us to make us feel better.... just sayin...

I can't tell by Bakas' blurb if he's just reporting Griffin's tweet or if Bakas knows something in addition to that tweet that he can't divulge yet. If he's just going off the tweet, don't get your hopes up.

The only news from Pete that is ever suspect is good news. The man ain't never lied about bad news.

Kid ain't coming.

Bleak visions is more credible than Bakas.

Advertisement

you are right.. I was too quick with my post I am sorry

Advertisement
Jump who is in love with Mikey. Since he moved to the Orlando area he has lost many of his local connections. Is usually wrong.

I give Pete a hard time alot but I absolutely trust his info more than anyone else's. Papii too. Pete told us about the Wyche issue weeks before anyone else. He also said awhile back that Bethel would make a move in January.

Advertisement
Back