Derrick Griffin interview

Advertisement
As long as he's coming eventually it's all good. This way he has all of spring ball (and before and after Spring ball) to get in sync with our QB's (through 7-on-7's, extra work on the side with Kaaya and Olsen, ect), learn the offense and get a UTough under his belt. This way he'll be much better prepared to help us when he finally gets on the field.

Look out for the Canes in 2014. Offense will be insane with playmakers at WR and TE and quality depth backing up our starters. We'll finally have a quality #2 rb behind Duke in Yearby and a deep and talented O-line.

On D it looks like we might actually have some quality DT's manning the middle of the D-line in Stuckey, Valentine, O. Pierre and hopefully Corey Johnson.

- At DE McCord and Chick will have another year of seasoning to hopefully go along with AQM coming off a year of development.

- LB we'll have Figs, DP, Kirby and a bigger and more seasoned Grace coming into his second season. Dovante Bond, who says that at the very least will be here in January, looks like an animal and should greatly improve our pass rush. Owens, Young, and Mike Smith will all hopefully stick and help provide some good, young depth. Would really like to add another JUCO LB like Antonio Smothers to push our starters or at least add depth.

- Secondary. Howard, Crawford, Burns, Dortch, J. Carter, Bush. No worries here.

I'm excited about 2013 but 2014, the 1st year of the new Playoff format, looks like it's going to be a lot of fun..

As long as he's coming eventually it's all good. This way he has all of spring ball (and before and after Spring ball) to get in sync with our QB's (through 7-on-7's, extra work on the side with Kaaya and Olsen, ect), learn the offense and get a UTough under his belt. This way he'll be much better prepared to help us when he finally gets on the field.

Look out for the Canes in 2014. Offense will be insane with playmakers at WR and TE and quality depth backing up our starters. We'll finally have a quality #2 rb behind Duke in Yearby and a deep and talented O-line.

On D it looks like we might actually have some quality DT's manning the middle of the D-line in Stuckey, Valentine, O. Pierre and hopefully Corey Johnson.

- At DE McCord and Chick will have another year of seasoning to hopefully go along with AQM coming off a year of development.

- LB we'll have Figs, DP, Kirby and a bigger and more seasoned Grace coming into his second season. Dovante Bond, who says that at the very least will be here in January, looks like an animal and should greatly improve our pass rush. Owens, Young, and Mike Smith will all hopefully stick and help provide some good, young depth. Would really like to add another JUCO LB like Antonio Smothers to push our starters or at least add depth.

I'm excited about 2013 but 2014, the 1st year of the new Playoff format, looks like it's going to be a lot of fun..

Probably the most maddening, sickening, and pathetic posts I have read on this board in the last year(which is saying a lot) were the ones regarding the LSU game in 2014. I get skipping the game because of the field situation and what not but the people who were scared to play LSU in 2014 because we will have a new QB are off their friggin rockers. Our roster is going to be STACKED. Adding this kid to the mix is awesome.

Probably the most maddening, sickening, and pathetic posts I have read on this board in the last year(which is saying a lot) were the ones regarding the LSU game in 2014. I get skipping the game because of the field situation and what not but the people who were scared to play LSU in 2014 because we will have a new QB are off their friggin rockers. Our roster is going to be STACKED. Adding this kid to the mix is awesome.

If it can be done I hope we at least try to schedule a home and home with LSU ASAP to wash away some of the shame from turning that game down. I went on numerous other teams boards after news broke that we declined to play LSU next year and we were getting ripped relentlessly as being p*ssies and mocked for scheduling Home-n-Homes with Arky State and FAU while turning down a showcase game like the Kickoff Classic. We are going to be good very soon and for the foreseeable future if recruiting keeps going the way it is and LSU to start next year could have been our bust out game to the rest of the nation the way the '99 game vs OSU at The Meadowlands was back then. Hate that we turned that opportunity down..

Advertisement

Another good life decision by me to not read that thread on here or the wez

As long as he is true to his word and comes in Jan., I'm fine with that. At least he isn't from S. Fl. so he might stick to his word.

Advertisement

If it can be done I hope we at least try to schedule a home and home with LSU ASAP to wash away some of the shame from turning that game down. I went on numerous other teams boards after news broke that we declined to play LSU next year and we were getting ripped relentlessly as being p*ssies and mocked for scheduling Home-n-Homes with Arky State and FAU while turning down a showcase game like the Kickoff Classic. We are going to be good very soon and for the foreseeable future if recruiting keeps going the way it is and LSU to start next year could have been our bust out game to the rest of the nation the way the '99 game vs OSU at The Meadowlands was back then. Hate that we turned that opportunity down..
Felt at the time they were trying to treat Miami like a second tier program by trying to schedule a home and in Houston game (if I remember correctly). If it were a home and home I would say we should do it. But I will say the way it was phrased in the media made us look bad.

Advertisement
Dont sleep on Gus Edwards added to the mix of running backs for the 2014 season. Gus running style reminds me so much of Eddie George.

Advertisement
So he is a freshman in football next year with a red shirt still available....

The best part is that missing three months should mean that his 5 year clock doesn't start until the 2nd semester (it begins during the quarter/semester the athlete enrolls for the minimum classes to play). Hopefully he'll be set to get on the field for 2014, but it's nice to know the shirt is there.

Advertisement
Back