D'Eriq King now SMU QB Coach

Advertisement
King was all class in what was clearly a strange time in our programs history. Injuries and such. Always was a class act. A stabling force for us

Advertisement
Awesome for him. He'll climb the ladder quickly.

Also, Rhett made a **** of an impression in his 2 years here. Everyone on both sides of the ball wanted to follow him. Coaches, players, support staff, etc.
Lashlee and his family seem like great people. He has done a really good job there at SMU so far. Good for him and happy for King.

Advertisement
Luis Guzman Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

Advertisement
Happy for King. Young man earned his spot. ...

Off Topic, but Lashlee needs to up his talent level significantly to compete in the ACC week in week out. Will be interesting to watch how he handles recruiting with the big boys. I never saw him as a good recruiter. SMU has bigtime donors so he will have more money to work with than the BCs and GTs of the conference. But he needs more than that to go head to head with Mario and Dabo... or even Brown, Doerren and Norvell.

Lashlee and King made Canes football fun to watch during the pandemic year when there was a point where there were talks of cancelling the season at one point.

Wish both guys success except when they play us of course.

I expect nothing less than the warmest of welcomes from SMU fans when we roll into Dallas in 2025 as Lashlee has realllllly incorporated a tonnnn of elements of his brief stay here into his head coaching tenure there.

He seemed like a good dude (and King definitely was) so I wish them the absolute best....unless it affects us in any way.

All we need now is for Alfred James Golden Jr. to get another ACC head corching job to complete the conference gauntlet of possibly facing Lashlee then Diaz the Golden in the same season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back