D'Eriq King measuring in at 5'8" at the East/West Shrine Game.

Advertisement
IMO he would do the best by talking to Mario re a grad asst. position and get enough NIL$ to get by and jump right into coaching. Lashley already had him calling plays and that's where his future lies.
I agree. I would love to see him make it as a player, but I don’t see it. He will definitely succeed as a coach though

His best bet is to get his coaching credentials and try and hook on with somebody as a GA to get his career started cause he ain’t never playing in the NFL unless it’s as a PR.

Advertisement
I'm more impressed with him now than ever before. Thick Spud Webb at qb destroyed a bunch of teams. Fact we didn't spread it out, scrap the rpo, and just let him sit back and be a playmaker befuddles me. All those knocked down passes make far more sense.

Agree, but will not disparage his contribution. Kid played and balled in that system. Got hurt in that system. Gave it all for that system. Wish him all the best. He has the tools to play in the next level, in the right O.
What? He won't play a down in a game in the NFL

He had his limitations, and there's no need in sugar coating it. We all saw what the O did when Perry took over in the bowl game. When a team doesn't have to defend the deep ball, and stack the line daring you to beat them deep, it gets ugly when you can't do so. Teams figured him out.

Healthy or not, he was not going to do as much damage in 2021 as 2020. There was simply too much film on how to defend him. Take away everything short and make him beat you deep. That also hurt our run game.

His decision making, based on what he could see, was better than any QB we've had in a while. His courage and leadership were second to none. But let's not kid ourselves. He wasn't going to get drafted as a QB even if he stayed healthy.

We're not throwing shade, we are telling you the truth. If you can't handle it, go eat a well done steak with ketchup and maybe you'll feel better.

Advertisement
King's best option might be to come up here to Canada for a couple of years, show he can sling it a little or move to a WR up here. He'd be a gadget player at the least in the CFL
It always surprises me how many people think that that Canada must have no players and are looking for below average QB's from college every year. They play pro football up there. King could not make third string All ACC.

And he is not fast enough to play slot receiver. Even in the Arena league their receivers are faster than King.

It always surprises me how many people think that that Canada must have no players and are looking for below average QB's from college every year. They play pro football up there. King could not make third string All ACC.

And he is not fast enough to play slot receiver. Even in the Arena league their receivers are faster than King.
Live in Canada, know some people within teams. His name has come up in conversation, he wouldn't necessarily be a QB up here he'd be a gadget type guy. His film from both Miami and Houston intrigues people. **** Kerry Joseph played QB up here, he was a SS in the NFL. The CFL looks for gamers and he's a gamer.

Advertisement
Back