D'Eriq King is returning

I see some posters really excited about this move by Mr. King and I say Mr. because imo he has earned that. I see other posters brushing it off as if to say "ok and.....?". Well I mean thats ok too. TBH none of us REALLY now how this will affect the program. It may be a "so what" moment. Or, it could the they type of decision that builds the program into a constant top 10 team/CFP contender. All any of us can do us can do is hope for the latter along with a few coaching changes. Nothing more, nothing less.
I think it's important because it sets a floor for us this upcoming season. I also agree with Lance that this is the kind of decision that can have impacts on our program for years to come. King's leadership and his intangibles are probably better than his skills at this point in time. he show's people accountability and work ethic. Those kinds of things start to get contagious amongst the younger players when they see the older players and stars doing it.

it's simple really...this decision probably makes us a fringe top 10 to top15 team. That puts us in the position to stack another class of talent on top of the last class. It also allows our QBs to get a little more seasoning before we have to depend on them to take the reigns. Stack another class on top of this last one and we'll have something starting.

Advertisement
I see some posters really excited about this move by Mr. King and I say Mr. because imo he has earned that. I see other posters brushing it off as if to say "ok and.....?". Well I mean thats ok too. TBH none of us REALLY now how this will affect the program. It may be a "so what" moment. Or, it could the they type of decision that builds the program into a constant top 10 team/CFP contender. All any of us can do us can do is hope for the latter along with a few coaching changes. Nothing more, nothing less.
It’s a big deal. And that’s obvious.

I do not think we are a year away from competing with the elite as we appear to be overmatched in multiple facets of the game. I’m old enough to know what great UM teams were made of from Staffs to ADs to players who led on and off the football field. Additionally I see what my nephew does at Ohio State, it’s a different universe. We are far away from elite, maybe we are “off season” elite when most of our highlights seem to occur. We played 2 teams with a pulse and they had over 100!
516EB2C7-3AC7-431D-88C9-95FF397244CE.gif

Fantastic news of King’s return and the impact it will have on the rest of the players. Hopefully we will see additional good news as a Robby attested to and a win Tuesday evening. It would really send the kids into the off-season well if they did so with a victory. I think Tuesday they get it done.

Advertisement
Irrespective of the obvious troll job from @Andrew , this grand swami prediction gives me a sliver of hope vs Alabama
Barney is a mush. Everything he says usually comes up opposite. Then when he fails spectacularly, he busts out the Gino and Geoff rhetoric. He pulls the Gino card like Sileo grabbing for yellowed newspaper clippings.

Slurpers ..... Attack!!!!!!!!!!
Yah. Calling Manny OG. What the heck is that all about. To be an OG Cane is to be or resemble what our glory days looked like. We are far from tha
You know I respect you, but this categorizing people as either slurpers or mopes is polarizing.

There is a group here that is consistently miserable and negative and no amount of any good news, even glimmers of hope, is cause for even momentary joy. They’re not cutesy “mopes”, they’re miserable fūcks.

There’s a much much smaller group that I would even categorize as “slurpers.” Who are they? How many are there? I don’t see too many people extolling Manny at every turn. The opposite happens dozens of times a day, hundreds of times every few days, thousands of times in a two week period.

Because somebody hopes that somehow, some way, despite evidence to the contrary, that Manny figures out his deficits and corrects them doesn’t make you a slurper.

It makes you someone who doesn’t want the program to continue on its unproductive cycle of hiring, firing, rebuild.

There are plenty of people like myself, who can become infuriated with Manny after his faceplants, but who also continue to hope the few positive trends in recruiting, beating most teams we are supposed to beat, finally winning some close games, continued facilities improvement, paying more for assistant coaches, and now a bright glimmer of hope from King, becomes part of a course correction for this program, maybe it’s not even necessarily with this particular staff, but at least it is a positive trend.

If people call that slurping, I feel sorry for their state of mind.
There's a difference in wanting and/or wishing Manny well and calling him "OG" as the "OP" did. There's nothing gangster about loosing to FIU, Duke, and La Tech, then getting clowned on by UNC with the Orange Bowl on the line.

Getting good recruiting classes and winning the offseason is nice, but show me you can coach. Show me you can establish a culture that players will follow. Show me you can lead. That's "OG."

Barney is a mush. Everything he says usually comes up opposite. Then when he fails spectacularly, he busts out the Gino and Geoff rhetoric. He pulls the Gino card like Sileo grabbing for yellowed newspaper clippings.
Ok I’ll play nice. We will beat Bama 48-0 and Nick will retire at the end of the game. We will go undefeated and unscored upon winning our first NC in 20 years. Is that ok?

Advertisement
Ok I’ll play nice. We will beat Bama 48-0 and Nick will retire at the end of the game. We will go undefeated and unscored upon winning our first NC in 20 years. Is that ok?

Congratulations, a post without mentioning Ohio State,the Torretta Brothers, or Gene Smith and the Pussy10

Yah. Calling Manny OG. What the heck is that all about. To be an OG Cane is to be or resemble what our glory days looked like. We are far from tha

There's a difference in wanting and/or wishing Manny well and calling him "OG" as the "OP" did. There's nothing gangster about loosing to FIU, Duke, and La Tech, then getting clowned on by UNC with the Orange Bowl on the line.

Getting good recruiting classes and winning the offseason is nice, but show me you can coach. Show me you can establish a culture that players will follow. Show me you can lead. That's "OG."
It’s called a program. These dudes think it’s smoke and mirrors, turnover chains, td rings and other gimmicks. Look at the elite, no gimmicks just solid programs top to bottom. We aren’t close and anyone thinking we are is delusional. Watch the Carolina tape and tell me what you see

I’m just curious why you’re directing this post towards me. Have I ever mentioned him and the word gangsta in the same porst? The only praise you’ll find from me regarding Manny‘s that I think he’s a smart guy, but I don’t necessarily equate that to being a great or even good football coach.

The best I can say is that even though he hasn’t had any great success yet, he has a chance to be a good coach, as long as he does the right things and gets the results. some good things have happened with him and some ridiculously bad things with him.

Most halfway intelligent people see what his flaws and positive points are.

Whether good things happen or not, the jury is still out on Manny. But I know one thing, we’re stuck with him at least one more year so I’m going to be wishing him the very best.

I personally would love to get off the cycle of fire, hire, rebuild, get a couple of years, do it all over again, ad nauseam.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You messed up. You need to first tell us who your cousin is. That’ll immediately validate any idiotic opinion you spew.

It’s called a program. These dudes think it’s smoke and mirrors, turnover chains, td rings and other gimmicks. Look at the elite, no gimmicks just solid programs top to bottom. We aren’t close and anyone thinking we are is delusional. Watch the Carolina tape and tell me what you see
When you say “we” are you referring to Ohio Taint or the Big ***** overall?

That's my point. The gimmicks have become our culture because none has been established. Do we really need a new turnover chain every year? They would be fine if we had an established culture, but Diaz hasen't established one.

Advertisement

You’re taking it too seriously and encouraging the trolls. Anyone who actually believes that Manny is an OG has one ********. But I do think the guy will legit try to succeed. If he’s serious, he’ll make some needed changes.

That's my point. The gimmicks have become our culture because none has been established. Do we really need a new turnover chain every year? They would be fine if we had an established culture, but Diaz hasen't established one.
These folks have absolutely no clue what an elite football program is all about. Just look at the past five years and who has competed for the title. Same teams, no gimmicks just well coached machines that play the game at a higher level than the rest.

You’re taking it too seriously and encouraging the trolls. Anyone who actually believes that Manny is an OG has one ********. But I do think the guy will legit try to succeed. If he’s serious, he’ll make some needed changes.
Start with the AD and then you can talk about a rebuilding job and Manny would be on borrowed time.

Advertisement
Back