D'Eriq King 2020 expectations

Sophomore slump!!! The kid is good but he was in shoot outs too causing his numbers to be skewed.

I know Miami is the only team allowed to have good players, but if we had a kid who, as a true freshman, finished 10th in the country in passer rating, 14in in YPA, 4th in the country in TD passes (38 of them!), with only 7 INTs in 422 attempts, this board would be a never ending line to suck him off. Give the kid credit, he was absolutely fantastic last year. Can he do it again? We'll see. But it's kind of hard to have a better true freshman year than he had last season.

And, let's try to keep facts straight. UNC was really only involved in 1 "shootout" last year. They lost 43-41 to VT. I guess maybe 38-31 loss to UVA could be considered a shootout. But his last 3 games, he threw 9 TD passes and 1 pick, they went 3-0, and averaged scoring 51 points a game. They only gave up 30 points total in those 3 games. They're not shootouts when you just boatrace people.

Advertisement
Hopefully our defense is up to the challenge.

UNC will be a tough out for anyone they play this season. Howell is a legit NFL prospect who got better as the season progressed.

We will be much, much better offensively but downplaying what they'll bring to the table doesn't make much sense to me.
we will find out about unc early. They open at ucf and then the next week get auburn in atlanta

I think King's success will all depend on how our receivers step up. If a couple ball out, King's numbers could get outrageous. If they don't step up, defenses will key on King and play our receivers one on one and take their chances there.
Great qbs make the wrs better. King wasn’t playing with big time backs and receivers at houston but still put up numbers. Unc had 2 1k wrs last year. Those same guys was on the team the year before and had no where near that type production.

Jordan if he stays healthy will have a big year. I think pope is going to break out. I think the offense is going to be explosive.

we will find out about unc early. They open at ucf and then the next week get auburn in atlanta
Ucf game will be a shootout but they’ll pull away in the end. Ucf has zero defense and the heels will get a few stops where it counts

Advertisement
Ucf game will be a shootout but they’ll pull away in the end. Ucf has zero defense and the heels will get a few stops where it counts

Does anyone actually watch football on this site?

UCF was FIFTH in the country last year in defensive YPP allowed. Fifth. Out of 130. They averaged giving up 23 points a game for the season. And because their offense goes so goddamned fast, they faced the 11th most plays in the country last year. So sure, you're going to give up some yards and points. They went 10-3 last year, and in 2 of the losses (Cincy and Tulsa) they gave up less than 355 total yards.

Someone unplug the porsters on this site and plug them back in, please.

Does anyone actually watch football on this site?

UCF was FIFTH in the country last year in defensive YPP allowed. Fifth. Out of 130. They averaged giving up 23 points a game for the season. And because their offense goes so goddamned fast, they faced the 11th most plays in the country last year. So sure, you're going to give up some yards and points. They went 10-3 last year, and in 2 of the losses (Cincy and Tulsa) they gave up less than 355 total yards.

Someone unplug the porsters on this site and plug them back in, please.

They played two bad P5 offensive teams and gave up an average of 30 pts. They gave up 27+ in half their games.

UNC is going to drop 40 on them.

606D7DD6-1097-4A7D-9F9A-A58968FBEFF8.jpeg

Advertisement
UNC will be a tough out for anyone they play this season. Howell is a legit NFL prospect who got better as the season progressed.

We will be much, much better offensively but downplaying what they'll bring to the table doesn't make much sense to me.

Yea but how good is their O-Line will be a factor

SMU averaged 79.7 plays per game last year.

I don't think Miami will get to that number, because SMU was in quite a bit of shootouts and there were only a couple games last year where they could take their foot off the gas late on offense.

So I'll project Miami for about 75 plays a game. Of those, King will be on the bench for 10% (TVD will get in to give him a look, Perry has earned the right to play some mop up duty) when games are out of reach. So, let's earmark him for 945 plays in 14 games.

Here are my projections:

271 of 430 passing (63%) for 3,698 yards (8.6 YPA), 38 TDs, 9 INTs
112 carries for 627 yards (5.6 YPC), 10 TDs

4325 total yards, 48 TDs, and a trip to NYC in December behind a 10-2 regular season record and Coastal Championship.
Love your specificity.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back