D'Eriq King 2020 expectations

Odysseus

Freshman
Just studying more highlights he can be a x-factor in the close score games alone just with his open field ability its border line Lamar Jackson type agility and speed. But as a passer King is a very good deep ball thrower. Those two alone lets me know that we will have a very very aggressive offense in 2020. My expectation is best offense behind Clemson in our conference.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I really think can have about 50 total touchdowns this between passing and rushing, I wonder how defenses will try and defend this offense

It’s hard to put numbers out there without seeing the offense first. But man, he is going to have a lot of yards on the ground. I was just watching some Jarrid Williams film and King routinely turns negative plays into first downs with his legs.

My expectation for King is to get the offense out of the gutter and lead an offense that DCs actually fear.

Advertisement
IF you pretend that 2006-2019 never happened, I'd say we will play in the ACCCG. Any prediction about that game will have to wait until we see how it goes.

Advertisement
SMU averaged 79.7 plays per game last year.

I don't think Miami will get to that number, because SMU was in quite a bit of shootouts and there were only a couple games last year where they could take their foot off the gas late on offense.

So I'll project Miami for about 75 plays a game. Of those, King will be on the bench for 10% (TVD will get in to give him a look, Perry has earned the right to play some mop up duty) when games are out of reach. So, let's earmark him for 945 plays in 14 games.

Here are my projections:

271 of 430 passing (63%) for 3,698 yards (8.6 YPA), 38 TDs, 9 INTs
112 carries for 627 yards (5.6 YPC), 10 TDs

4325 total yards, 48 TDs, and a trip to NYC in December behind a 10-2 regular season record and Coastal Championship.

I don't think Miami will get to that number, because SMU was in quite a bit of shootouts and there were only a couple games last year where they could take their foot off the gas late on offense.

So I'll project Miami for about 75 plays a game. Of those, King will be on the bench for 10% (TVD will get in to give him a look, Perry has earned the right to play some mop up duty) when games are out of reach. So, let's earmark him for 945 plays in 14 games.

Here are my projections:

4325 total yards, 48 TDs, and a trip to NYC in December behind a 10-2 regular season record and Coastal Championship.

With those numbers who are we losing to?

Here are my projections:

If those numbers come to fruition, our defense turned to trash in both the projected losses.

Those are bigtime numbers. Rooting for it.

Advertisement
If those numbers come to fruition, our defense turned to trash in both the projected losses.

Those are bigtime numbers. Rooting for it.

*looks around*

*looks around some more*

…..I was just tempering expectations. If he puts those numbers up we ain't losing to anyone not named Clemson.....

But seriously though, Buchele put up 4000 total yards and 36 TDs. And he doesn't run. I expect King to have less pass attempts than Buchele's 490, but significantly more rushing attempts.

4325 total yards in 14 games is 309 a game. I think that's an attainable number.

Another thing to keep in mind, not only is King vastly superior to any QB we've had in a very, very long time, but the offense Lashlee runs will provide more opportunity for high output. I know most of us know this, but until you look at these numbers in lights, it's hard to fully understand not only how bad we were on offense for the better part of the last decade, but how slow we were to boot. These are number of plays run and our rank. Now, it's not plays per game. So it's not exact. But it's total number of offensive plays run for the season:

2019 -- 91st
2018 -- 98th
2017 -- 89th
2016 -- 96th
2015 -- 84th
2014 -- 104th
2013 -- 104th
2012 -- 104th (nothing if not consistent)
2011 -- 120th (Dead last)
2010 -- 19th (Whipple Year 2)
2009 -- 36th (Whipple Year 1)

So, even if you want to be a little apprehensive about Miami's efficiency on offense, you have to admit we're going faster, if nothing else. And there are certainly causes for pause about the efficiency. But again, if you're running a lot more plays, you can have increased production. And let's not forget, Malik Rosier had 3600 total yards in only 13 games in 2017, while running the 89th most plays in the country.

Here are my projections:

With those numbers and our pass rush, closer to 11-1 or 12-0. For real....

He can do it!!!

Advertisement
Back