D'Eriq King 2020 expectations

Advertisement
Just studying more highlights he can be a x-factor in the close score games alone just with his open field ability its border line Lamar Jackson type agility and speed. But as a passer King is a very good deep ball thrower. Those two alone lets me know that we will have a very very aggressive offense in 2020. My expectation is best offense behind Clemson in our conference.

I say we have the third best offense behind Clemson and North Carolina due to lack of continuity because of covid and offensive line struggles as well as lack of proven receivers which unc has already

SMU averaged 79.7 plays per game last year.

I don't think Miami will get to that number, because SMU was in quite a bit of shootouts and there were only a couple games last year where they could take their foot off the gas late on offense.

So I'll project Miami for about 75 plays a game. Of those, King will be on the bench for 10% (TVD will get in to give him a look, Perry has earned the right to play some mop up duty) when games are out of reach. So, let's earmark him for 945 plays in 14 games.

Here are my projections:

271 of 430 passing (63%) for 3,698 yards (8.6 YPA), 38 TDs, 9 INTs
112 carries for 627 yards (5.6 YPC), 10 TDs

4325 total yards, 48 TDs, and a trip to NYC in December behind a 10-2 regular season record and Coastal Championship.
I don’t know about the 9 picks. He has only thrown 10 in his career. Dude does a great job of taking care of the ball

I don’t know about the 9 picks. He has only thrown 10 in his career. Dude does a great job of taking care of the ball

10 in 597 attempts. He definitely does. I just think with the speed Miami has at WR, Lashlee will involve a little bit more of a vertical game than he played at Houston. Also, he's a 5th year player. He's "got it all figured out". I think he'll take a few more chances than usual.

But if you think he throws less than 9, I sure as **** won't argue with you. The data suggests he probably won't throw that many, if my projected attempts are close to correct.

Advertisement
I say we have the third best offense behind Clemson and North Carolina due to lack of continuity because of covid and offensive line struggles as well as lack of proven receivers which unc has already

When the dust settles, Howell may wind up being a better overall player than King. The kid had a ridiculously good freshman season. But there's tape of him out there now. Let's see how he follows it up. But I don't think anyone could really argue with you at this point that UNC has a better offense. Continuity is huge, and Longo is a beast. Throw in Howell and those WRs, they should be really scary on offense this year.

305407, im not sure there proven but in n carolina! I watch every miami game. And there not being hyped no where I've seen. Every year is different except f4 clemson...lol but they have to prove it again this year. Clemson proved it like 5 or 6 yrs str8, so they get the benefit of the doubt, n carolina does not get benefit of doubt f4 one year.

Advertisement
King is legit - if he can gel with teammates and Lash AND guys play unselfishly (aka to win)...we will be lethal on O.
Unfortunately IMO - our D is going to **** alot of fans off this year...

King is legit - if he can gel with teammates and Lash AND guys play unselfishly (aka to win)...we will be lethal on O.
Unfortunately IMO - our D is going to **** alot of fans off this year...

Because they’ll be in the top 20 in pretty much every single category again? Makes sense.

He’s a game changer and will probably smash most of the single season team quarterback records. Not that it’s a huge deal to break a bunch of pedestrian benchmarks. I mean friggin Rosier has the total touchdown record. I would say 4000 total yards and 40+ total touchdowns aren’t unreasonable predictions.

Advertisement
He’s a game changer and will probably smash most of the single season team quarterback records. Not that it’s a huge deal to break a bunch of pedestrian benchmarks. I mean friggin Rosier has the total touchdown record. I would say 4000 total yards and 40+ total touchdowns aren’t unreasonable predictions.

4 guys did it last year (Burrow, Gordon, McDonald, Lawrence) and Ehlinger had 4000+ and 39 TDs.

6 guys did it the year before (Murray, Haskins, Minshew, Cornelius, McDonald, Tua)

Certainly not easy. But not out of the question, either.

Best in the country - Im all in on him -- this is it - we never had anybody close to him...We winning it all

Advertisement
I think King's success will all depend on how our receivers step up. If a couple ball out, King's numbers could get outrageous. If they don't step up, defenses will key on King and play our receivers one on one and take their chances there.

When the dust settles, Howell may wind up being a better overall player than King. The kid had a ridiculously good freshman season. But there's tape of him out there now. Let's see how he follows it up. But I don't think anyone could really argue with you at this point that UNC has a better offense. Continuity is huge, and Longo is a beast. Throw in Howell and those WRs, they should be really scary on offense this year.
Sophomore slump!!! The kid is good but he was in shoot outs too causing his numbers to be skewed.

UNC will be a tough out for anyone they play this season. Howell is a legit NFL prospect who got better as the season progressed.

We will be much, much better offensively but downplaying what they'll bring to the table doesn't make much sense to me.

Advertisement
Back