Depth Chart

Advertisement
yep... down right awful.. I'm trading in my season tix for a pack of juicyfruit and a tumblr account

I like the future prospects of guys like Rico and Hoilett but ****, didnt want to see them both on the 2 deep just yet. We are looking way too thin along the DL.

I am optimistic about Cain though.

Agree with all your points. I keep looking back to the our signing list wondering which of the DE's that aren't here yet can play right away. We need DB's, WR's, and DE's who aren't even on campus now to make some significant contributions this fall.

I like the future prospects of guys like Rico and Hoilett but ****, didnt want to see them both on the 2 deep just yet. We are looking way too thin along the DL.

Agree with all your points. I keep looking back to the our signing list wondering which of the DE's that aren't here yet can play right away. We need DB's, WR's, and DE's who aren't even on campus now to make some significant contributions this fall.

Hamilton seems to be mixed reviews. Some say he is the most prepared, some say he is not ready. McCord doesnt seem physically ready to play right away though I think he can be the Marcus Robinson we had hoped for.

I think Hamilton is a ways off, personally. He isnt very physically developed or strong looking though he is very talented. I just dont see much when we talk about early contributors, not like DB's anyway.

I like the long term potential of our DE's over DT's coming in, but I think our freshmen DT's will be more ready to play early.

Advertisement
Only thing that disappoints me is no Grimble. Was hoping he would take a big step forward.

Honestly, Grimble needed to be redshirted, he came in light and is actually starting to put on the right weight. It's going take another year imo before he contributes on a regular basis.

Hamilton seems to be mixed reviews. Some say he is the most prepared, some say he is not ready. McCord doesnt seem physically ready to play right away though I think he can be the Marcus Robinson we had hoped for.

I think Hamilton is a ways off, personally. He isnt very physically developed or strong looking though he is very talented. I just dont see much when we talk about early contributors, not like DB's anyway.

I like the long term potential of our DE's over DT's coming in, but I think our freshmen DT's will be more ready to play early.

Yeah our d line is thin and unfortunately we don't have the luxury of redshirting some kids like McCord who really needs one.

Advertisement
VT needs 2 buck up and get his act together... there is no way AJ should be starting over him... he is gifted, he just needs to put it all together. This is his last year and I would love 2 see him and ray ray in the NFL next year... come on man!

I think this depth chart shows that VT is doing a little more of what the coaches want from him but still not where they think he should be. He's trending up though, which can't be bad.

Brandon McGee is a scrub would still love for him to get the job done... want all our guys in the NFL... we are a pipeline school to the NFL... so I would love 2 see him playing for someones team just not the phins!

IIRC, McGee had the top spot last depth chart. Either McGee is regressed a bit, or Finnie improved. I would go with the latter. If McGee regressed, I think they would strip him of the starter role.

Cain has that frame to put on some real size. He could be a beast. It's a great sign that guys like Cleveland and Cain are at the top of the chart. That class had super talent, but as a group they were real head cases.

I think Cain can be a powerful force the moment he makes up his mind to. He has all the tools.

Just needs to work up a good mad, and start tearing down some meathouses.

Going to take another class to get the depth where it needs to be. Gonna be another rough year.

Advertisement
My question on Hamilton is whether or not he's healthy enough to compete? Kid is coming back from a torn ACL, he may need to redshirt, and a redshirt may not be the worst thing for him in the long run.

Advertisement
Going to take another class to get the depth where it needs to be. Gonna be another rough year.

Definitely.

Lets take a wait and see approach. We still have 20+ kids coming in this summer. I'm expecting contribution from most of them.

yeah i was thinking the same thing. have the boys with some size coming in during the summer. might be up to the task of providing the starters a breather more than some of the ones in already.

also, not sure about Paul starting. Dude makes Perryman look tall. Just think he might get engulfed by OL too often.

cain will probably be used in more of a hybrid DE/OLB than strictly a DE

gunther will likely start opposite finnie/mcgee.....hes got experience and looks like hes gonna be a player

Advertisement
Back