Depth chart star ratings breakdown

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Thought this would be an interesting look at the roster.

**Using Rivals.com’s star system, here is the breakdown of Miami’s two-deep depth chart for the FAU game:

Offense
5-stars: 2 (Seantrel Henderson, Duke Johnson)
4-stars: 4 (Stacy Coley, Ereck Flowers, Brandon Linder, Eduardo Clements)
3-stars: 11 (Allen Hurns, Herb Waters, Malcolm Bunche, Jon Feliciano, Jared Wheeler, Clive Walford, Maurice Hagens, Stephen Morris, Dallas Crawford, Phillip Dorsett, Shane McDermott)
2-stars: 3 (Asante Cleveland, Walter Tucker, Ryan Williams)

Defense
5-stars: 1 (Tracy Howard)
4-stars: 4 (Anthony Chickillo, Luther Robinson, David Gilbert, Raphael Kirby)
3-stars: 12 (Antonio Crawford, Curtis Porter, Justin Renfrow, Shayon Green, Alonzo Highsmith, Jr., Olsen Pierre, Denzel Perryman, Tyrone Cornileus, Ladarius Gunter, Nate Dortch, Kacy Rodgers)
2-stars: 2 (Ufomba Kamalu, Jimmy Gaines)
NR: 3 (Alex Figueroa, Thurston Armbrister, Nantambu Akil-Fentress)

**When healthy, Deon Bush is expected to return to the two-deep. He was a 4-star recruit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
David Gilbert was a 4star? From South Florida? I don't remember him during recruiting at all.

Actually Alex Figueroa was a 4-star out of high school, class of 2012. Injuries and bad grades caused him to go to Prep/Military school.

Advertisement

607.jpg

Advertisement
Looks like the services just about nailed the offense minus Morris & Dorsett - and to be fair I'm not sure anyone pegged Morris as a 4 star type guy back then. Defense is still TBD - I think/hope Porter, Crawford, Gunter, Pierre & Figueroa prove to have been underrated... Perryman was a doofus-miss on services part.

Advertisement
I only see 20 players listed on offense and 21 listed on defense. Shouldn't there be at least 22 if this is a 2-deep?

Advertisement
I only see 20 players listed on offense and 21 listed on defense. Shouldn't there be at least 22 if this is a 2-deep?

Go look at the depth chart. Some players are backups for more than 1 position. Or they're the starter for one and backup for another. Little research helps before you type.

Advertisement
Back