Depaul PG Charlie Moore transfers to Miami

Advertisement
Lykes is more skilled, but in terms of value to this team, I think I'll take Moore. Much more of a true point guard, which is something we haven't had since Angel graduated. Lykes on the other had is basically short Lou Williams, which doesn't really fit our needs and honestly never has.

Advertisement
The biggest thing Coach L is going to have to do with Moore is get him to assimilate into a role properly. If he embraces his role as a distributor and medium volume shooter, he can be solid. If he tries to play as he did at DePaul he will be a net negative player. He’s always sort of been a bigger name than actual player.

He was overmatched at Kansas and didn’t have the best reputation among coaches there.

Getting him is a net positive, but Miami was at their best last year letting things run through Wong. I wonder how Coach L gets it all to mix.

Moore seems to be more of a playmaker than Lykes was and a little more crafty as a scorer. In any event I guess now we know why Lykes wanted out.

He said if he were to come back he wanted to play for a winner and Arkansas' run last year influenced him. Lykes never played for a winner or even in the NIT under Larranaga.

Moore seems to be more of a playmaker than Lykes was and a little more crafty as a scorer. In any event I guess now we know why Lykes wanted out.

He said if he were to come back he wanted to play for a winner and Arkansas' run last year influenced him. Lykes never played for a winner or even in the NIT under Larranaga.

They went to tournament his freshman year where he came off the bench. Besides that it’s been beyond brutal forsure

Advertisement
Advertisement

I wonder if Charlie Moore has to apply for a waiver. He has been to four schools.

Certainly seems that way

I would add, before Covid the NCAA had the 5 to play 4 rule, meaning you were only eligible for 5 years once you enrolled (subject to exceptions), and you could only actually play for 4 years. I don't know if that rule is still intact, but Moore has already completed 5 years of college. If he's forced to redshirt, that's year 6, so he'd be in year 7 before he played a minute for us.

I'm not sure the NCAA would allow that, and I'm also not sure this guy wants to literally be Van Wilder. I suspect he'll just get a waiver and it'll be fine, but this could be an issue.

Last edited:
Certainly seems that way

I would add, before Covid the NCAA had the 5 to play 4 rule, meaning you were only eligible for 5 years once you enrolled (subject to exceptions), and you could only actually play for 4 years. I don't know if that rule is still intact, but Moore has already completed 5 years of college. If he's forced to redshirt, that's year 6, so he'd be in year 7 before he played a minute for us.

I'm not sure the NCAA would allow that, and I'm also not sure this guy wants to literally be Van Wilder. I suspect he'll just get a waiver and it'll be fine, but this could be an issue.

Yet another reason to remove Coach L if this goes wrong.

Advertisement
They went to tournament his freshman year where he came off the bench. Besides that it’s been beyond brutal forsure
Exactly the kid is FOS. The kid wanted to go pro but was probably heading to a second tier European league in Greece or Turkey. He sat out at the end when he could have made a go. Didn't show up for the ACC tournament. So he quit on his teammates. I could give a rat's if he was ****ed at Larranaga. That I fully understand.

Exactly the kid is FOS. The kid wanted to go pro but was probably heading to a second tier European league in Greece or Turkey. He sat out at the end when he could have made a go. Didn't show up for the ACC tournament. So he quit on his teammates. I could give a rat's if he was ****ed at Larranaga. That I fully understand.
yea im sure he's heart broken he didn't live up to your cliched standards. He may have given up on the team.......but what ******* team? the one with barely enough players to play? the one where the coach runs off half the players? He's been playing a zillion minutes for 2-3 years while this coach can't build a **** team. Excuse him if he doesn't feel like getting hurt more for a program that doesn't give a **** about being if not relevant, at least functional.

yea im sure he's heart broken he didn't live up to your cliched standards. He may have given up on the team.......but what ******* team? the one with barely enough players to play? the one where the coach runs off half the players? He's been playing a zillion minutes for 2-3 years while this coach can't build a **** team. Excuse him if he doesn't feel like getting hurt more for a program that doesn't give a **** about being if not relevant, at least functional.
If I was sitting in a dumpster and said dumpster caught on fire, I'd flee as well.

Advertisement
Back