Deon Cain Question

Advertisement
strictly talking receiver here. you guys really think we miss on lane & TR if we didnt have a good squad coming back? those dudes ran to fsu to get on the feild

strictly talking receiver here. you guys really think we miss on lane & TR if we didnt have a good squad coming back? those dudes ran to fsu to get on the feild

That's just 1 of the reasons they chose FSU over Miami and Alabama. I think they wanted to win games and Lane wanted to go wherever Dalvin went. Jameis Winston throwing them the ball is also a big reason.

Clemson IMO does spend some money in Florida.
People jump on that like crazy on Miami boards. Thing is IMO teams like LSU, Auburn, Bama are even worse, and i think you can throw UF and FSU in that mix as well.

You think FSu won a nc on the up and up? Coming off of bowden's mediocrity Jimbob started beating Bamar and Saban out for in state Bamar kids? Beating Bamar head up for a national kid like Eddie Goldman?

UF sneaking in the last minute and scooping up Brandon Powell? Or taking Bostwick away when he practically has a brother on Miami. All the trends pointed towards JC Jackson going to Miami, then he makes a last minute trip to Florida right before signing day where he "pays" his own way, them signs with Florida.

So yeah I think Clemson breaks a player or 2 off in Florida every recruiting cycle. Especially on that west side of
The state..Watkins, Kearse, Scott, now Cain. The other schools are even worse IMO.

Advertisement
Clemson didn't pay Deon Cain. He actually WANTED to go there.

Florida didn't pay Brandon Powell either, that's a lie. JC Jackson was a Florida commit already, they didn't pay him to commit when he ALREADY WAS a commit.

Jameis Winston wanted to go to Texas but they didn't offer, so he went to FSU to play football and baseball. FSU always recruited well, they just got a great QB to put it all together.

Almost every top 25 school gets a player from Florida every year in recruiting.

Next thing you know people are going to say Al Golden paid Tracy Howard, he was all Florida then all of a sudden he picks Miami?

Yes. Coley is the only receiver on the roster who would prevent five-star recruits of that caliber from seeing the field early. They didn't pick FSU over Miami because it represented an easier path toward immediate playing time.

They were misses, just like Dixon was.

People jump on that like crazy on Miami boards. Thing is IMO teams like LSU, Auburn, Bama are even worse, and i think you can throw UF and FSU in that mix as well.

You think FSu won a nc on the up and up? Coming off of bowden's mediocrity Jimbob started beating Bamar and Saban out for in state Bamar kids? Beating Bamar head up for a national kid like Eddie Goldman?

UF sneaking in the last minute and scooping up Brandon Powell? Or taking Bostwick away when he practically has a brother on Miami. All the trends pointed towards JC Jackson going to Miami, then he makes a last minute trip to Florida right before signing day where he "pays" his own way, them signs with Florida.

So yeah I think Clemson breaks a player or 2 off in Florida every recruiting cycle. Especially on that west side of
The state..Watkins, Kearse, Scott, now Cain. The other schools are even worse IMO.

So what does that say about us when we land a top tier kid? The Bostwick one is hilarious also, they out recruited us straight up. Everybody else is cheating and paying players, that is the reason for their successful recruiting and our inability to keep kids home, it has nothing to do with on the field performance. We didnt have a top 3 national class when we were 7-0 last year and us crawling to the finish line on NSD has nothing to do with us losing 4 out of the our 6 six in blow outs, and Al going dark on us for a week because of the PSU job opening. Nope, it was these other teams paying the recruits. Cause I mean Clemson has shown no reason for recruits to want to go there, 7 years of mediocrity at FSU somehow erases the fact that they always recruited well, have a rich history, and showed improvement under Jimbo every year he was the HC. In the meantime we have been a mediocre at best program this whole time, actually compare this last 10 years for us compared to that 10 years of Bowden's mediocrity.

Now Im not saying a player never gets paid, but c'mon. Stop and think before you post something like this. JC Jackson, lulz, if we land that dude it is a great job by Golden, we dont well obviously he got paid but still Golden tried so what more can you ask for right?

So please explain how we ended up with Chad Thomas? Alabama put a full-court press on him in the weeks leading up to signing day.

Why would a Dade County Legend like Yearby flip to Miami from FSU if the 'Noles are always breaking off some to recruits? Darling was pursued feverishly by UF. So they paid Powell, but not Darling?

Some of you guys need to get your heads out of your asses.

Clemson is a good program that's gone to two straight big bowl games and they run a great offense. I'm not naive enough to think shady activity doesn't exist, but this has become the lone excuse every the staff swings and misses. It's pathetic. We're getting beat fair and square way too often.

Advertisement
I don't think every scenario is a kid got sold bought to the highest bidder.
I mean lets look at the facts Clemson is doing better then Miami right now and they just put 2 kids in the NFL
one of them happened to be a 1st round draft pick...

Is it hard to sell a kid on the fact that he could be the next kid in Florida to win and go to the league..

The last WR we put in the league was Travis Ben and he is more of a punt returner....Our record stinks against quality opponents,
the people we have in the league or did have in the league are getting old and almost out...
kids not being drafted and you got a coach that still says we are a long way away...

Could it be we just got out recruited...? Now its on to the next kid on our board. whatever 3* or no * Al and his camp comes up with

I am some what convinced kids like SONY want to see Miami back on top...they may be sold on being the one who helps them get back to the top...for what ever reason...Miami needs to win in a lot of areas

Last edited:
We can agree to disagree. I'm not saying Miami doesn't ever break a kid off either in some way or another, but we've got to be really strategic and extremely careful. We get busted again and we may get shut down a year.

We also IMO don't do it as widespread or as much as other teams if we do.

I also referenced IMO in my posts saying "it's my opinion".

What I do think is that college football recruiting is the dirtiest aspect of any sport in America.

We have case after case of this happening, but yet some of you choose to ignore.

So please explain how we ended up with Chad Thomas? Alabama put a full-court press on him in the weeks leading up to signing day.

Why would a Dade County Legend like Yearby flip to Miami from FSU if the 'Noles are always breaking off some to recruits? Darling was pursued feverishly by UF. So they paid Powell, but not Darling?

Some of you guys need to get your heads out of your asses.

Clemson is a good program that's gone to two straight big bowl games and they run a great offense. I'm not naive enough to think shady activity doesn't exist, but this has become the lone excuse every the staff swings and misses. It's pathetic. We're getting beat fair and square way too often.

The one area you could harp on FSU has been their OL recruiting and they needed a monster class lat year. Where was their dough for KC and Darling? I mean if Bostwick was paid for by UF and he nearly had a brother on our team, having Shane surely would not have mattered, right?

Advertisement
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Deon-Cain-dominates-at-Sound-Mind-Sound-Body-camp-29035329

Tampa (Fla.) 4-Star WR Deon Cain committed to Clemson just about a week ago. Cain showed up to the Sound Body Sound Mind camp in Boca Raton (Fla.) this weekend and put on a show.
After the camp Cain and a few teammates took a visit to Miami and next month he'll camp at Florida State. On June 5th Cain visited Florida as his team participated in a 7on7 in Gainesville.

Deon Cain (6-1, 190) plays quarterback in high school, but will lineup at receiver on the next level.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Deon-Cain-dominates-at-Sound-Mind-Sound-Body-camp-29035329

Tampa (Fla.) 4-Star WR Deon Cain committed to Clemson just about a week ago. Cain showed up to the Sound Body Sound Mind camp in Boca Raton (Fla.) this weekend and put on a show.
After the camp Cain and a few teammates took a visit to Miami and next month he'll camp at Florida State. On June 5th Cain visited Florida as his team participated in a 7on7 in Gainesville.

Deon Cain (6-1, 190) plays quarterback in high school, but will lineup at receiver on the next level.

Sounds just like Dalvin Cook recruitment...

Advertisement

I thought Clemson didn't let you visit other schools once you commit to them?

I will be surprised when is is all said and done he ends up at UF or FSU. Hopefully Gates.

I will be surprised when is is all said and done he ends up at UF or FSU. Hopefully Gates.

Hopefully UM.

Bump for UF doing some $$$$hady stuff?

Advertisement
Back