Deon Cain Question

Looking like he is going to pick clemson on Friday, I just don't get how Clemson keeps pulling all these studs year after year

Advertisement
I mean, did anyone ever actually think we were going to pull this kid? Ridley and SBB we were leading for and thus I understand the frustration, but this kid always seemed like he was naming us as like his 3rd or 4th school. Maybe that was just my take...but still, is it really that big a shock that he isn't coming here?

I saw him throw up the U in a video and a couple pictures and I thought he was coming, I guess I was wrong.

U = Unsigned Preps, his 7 on 7 team here in Tampa.
199.jpg

The team needs a new hand sign the U they are throwing up is for unsigned preps not Miami

I mean, did anyone ever actually think we were going to pull this kid? Ridley and SBB we were leading for and thus I understand the frustration, but this kid always seemed like he was naming us as like his 3rd or 4th school. Maybe that was just my take...but still, is it really that big a shock that he isn't coming here?

I saw him throw up the U in a video and a couple pictures and I thought he was coming, I guess I was wrong.

199.jpg

The team needs a new hand sign the U they are throwing up is for unsigned preps not Miami

CIS is actually a Miami message board. Not a Florida State one.

Looking like he is going to pick clemson on Friday, I just don't get how Clemson keeps pulling all these studs year after year

First of all, they win a lot, and they are exciting when they do it. And spare me the "they don't win titles" song and dance. They are in high level bowls, oftentimes BCS, and take down good SEC teams just as often as they get beat. I would take Clemson's last decade in a heartbeat compared to what we've had.

Second of all, let's think about Cain specifically. Who do you think is more appealing to a 17 year old: Nuke Hopkins and Sammie Watkins or Leonard Hankerson and Allen Hurns? Because those are the 2 best receivers for each school in the past 5 years. We aren't trading on Andre Johnson and Santana Moss's names anymore.

Third, Clemson is pretty much an SEC-level university in an SEC-type of town with an SEC-sort of fan base and SEC-looking women. Take from that whatever you will, but know that it does have an impact and is a selling point.

It is actually kind of sad to think about, but you can bet when an elite kid chooses us over FSU or Clemson or UiF or whoever they are thinking to themselves "how are they getting these kids?" Because objectively, our recruiting classes should be way worse than they have been lately. Them's the facts.

Advertisement
Our best recruiter of wide receivers during the Golden era has been Donnell Bennett.

It's one thing to miss on the kid, but to not even make it as a finalist when Miami has been recruiting him the way it has is ******* pathetic.

The misses at this position are piling up over the last two cycles.

Apparently, with religious bull****, and, if that doesn't work, money.

Which, if you think about it, is quite humorous.

Current miami fans logic....." The misses at the wr position over the last 2 years.......fill in the blank, yet our receiving core is the best it has been in the past 10 years. Go gripe about something else other than receiver recruiting...... We are good there....

Current miami fans logic....." The misses at the wr position over the last 2 years.......fill in the blank, yet our receiving core is the best it has been in the past 10 years. Go gripe about something else other than receiver recruiting...... We are good there....

That is only because of one man: Stacy Coley. He's here because of Donnell Bennett.

We've seen the type of impact that a truly elite, dynamic home run threat can have on our offense. That's why some are frustrated that we missed on Rudolph/Dixon/Lane last cycle and will likely fail to land either Ridley or Cain this cycle. We landed some good talent at receiver in the 2014 class, but missed on the elites. Potentially missing on the elites again the following year, if we're unable to flip them, becomes a problem.

Others may be satisfied with just adding more size at receiver since a few of our top remaining targets at the position have similar skill sets. I personally think it's imperative that we land a talent of Cain's caliber with great athleticism and the potential to develop into a true No. 1 receiver once Coley heads to the league. Still a lot of time left, obviously, so hopefully we can make up ground on Ridley and Cain.

Advertisement

So Miami shouldn't recruit WR's because they are "good there"?

Advertisement

I wonder if Clemson is going to get George Campbell from Tarpon Springs too? Last year they got his teammate and fellow receiver Artavis Scott. Very possible this happens.

So who is the young Omega on the right next to the kid in the red shirt? LOL. Kids.

We need wins against quality opponents, and our offense needs to be exciting and potent.

//Praying our OC establishes an offensive identity and that Kaaya/Olsen/Rozier are ready and the real deal

199.jpg

Advertisement
Man, they stack chips on the offensive side. Good thing they are incapable of winning cuz they have some great prospects on O

Advertisement
Back