Deon Bush

TC7D

2000 Cane
See below from From rotoworld. I remember watching him as a Freshman thinking he was clearly the next great UM safety. I hope he can stay healthy a whole season

Bush wants to finish career on high note

Miami senior S Deon Bush "has had an up-and-down career" but is still the ninth-best safety in the nation, according to Sports on Earth's Matt Brown.

"While he can be beat in man coverage, he's a physical player with explosive straight-line speed, all of which will be even more important this year with the holes the Canes have to fill in front of him in the front seven," Brown wrote. The 6-foot-1, 205-pound Bush recorded 53 tackles, five forced fumbles, 4 TFL, 2 sacks, 5 passes defended and 2 interceptions as a junior.

Advertisement
His 5 forced fumbles last year was tied for 2nd in the nation. He's a really talented player. He'll play on sunday.

Advertisement
Never forget last summer when he told me he wanted 7 - 10 picks that upcoming season instead he was second in the nation in forced fumbles. He's next up to the NFL if he puts it together. He's my Duke for this year.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435661237.478702.jpg

Advertisement
I like Deon but I've seen many bad angles taken not only in coverage but tackling of which is what he's being praised for

Jaquan will be our next best safety

Advertisement
There is a reason Deon is my AVI. he is one of the only player on the team that is what i call a "True Cane". Someone who plays with Passion and aggression,make plays. i'm praying he is healthy and ready to roll. he could have been an All American if healthy. best play i seen all year was that goal line strip he had. He will go 2nd to 3rd round in the draft right now. could sneak into the 1st with a solid year.

Like this kid as a player, think he could have been something special with the right staff

Top 10 Canes defenders:

Bush
Grace
Kirby
McCord
Howard
Kamalu
Burns
Thomas
AQM
Romp

Advertisement