Deon Bush

At this point, Golden needs to unleash the freshmen. The guys we have out there right now dont understand the scheme anyways so we might as well let the youngins get their snaps in.

Agree. Wholesale changes.

The upperclassmen should see snaps only due to the sheer exhaustion of the freshmens. Telemaque and Rodgers are horrible. They aren't getting better. We've given up 84 points in two games. If these guys never see the field again, how much worse can it really get?

Advertisement
At this point, Golden needs to unleash the freshmen. The guys we have out there right now dont understand the scheme anyways so we might as well let the youngins get their snaps in.

The upperclassmen should see snaps only due to the sheer exhaustion of the freshmens. Telemaque and Rodgers are horrible. They aren't getting better. We've given up 84 points in two games. If these guys never see the field again, how much worse can it really get?

Agreed. Only upperclassmen that should be out there are Morris and Mike James.

and Hurns

Our best players are our freshmen and sophomores.

Let them play and let them take their lumps. We will be better down the road because of it.

Advertisement
He might also be the best CB on this team, especially in zone. He played zone throughout his career in HS. He also played in the nickel spot in the 7v7 tournaments, for the SFE, and was their best 1v1 player.

and Hurns

Isn't Hurns a sophomore?

I know which exact play you are talking about, i could not believe he did not attack the rb, he was waiting for something, not sure what;

BTW - did you see that TAM rb run over gators #9 db?

One thing that immediately stands out about Bush is just how athletic he is. I say put him out there and let him learn on the fly. This experience will prove valuable in the future.

Advertisement
Anybody else want to see more of this guy?

He looks much more game-ready at safety than I thought he'd be. His speed popped off the screen when he ran down that KSU RB.

I was thinking the same thing on that play, showed great speed there. Glad we have a safety
that attacks the ball

i cant believe how bad 7 is, he hasnt improved in the slightest since his freshman year. Rodgers is a classic look like tarzan plays like jane, it looks like hes afraid to hit

Advertisement
I watched Telemaque yesterday to see how he attacks, or IF I should say. The guy is supposed to be out there laying wood (or bricks in this case). He is Charmin soft, doesn't scare anybody, and if I was the oppsing team I would go at him all day. Would like to see some more Jenkins/Bush combo. Even AJ Highsmith made a solid hit on one occasion. No way VT has improved over last year IMO.

I've said this before, a lot of the secondary's success depends on pressure from up front, which is obviously lacking right now. But Bush is a stud in the making.

Advertisement
yes

want to see more of Terry and McCord also..pretty much our only chances at some kind of pass rush

All you need to know about Rodgers is he's a 4th year Jr and is being challenged and possibly supplanted by a true frosh. He plays TOO **** SOFT!!! Smh

Telemaque is the worse safety on the team but because he is a senior he still gets burn. I can live with an inexperienced Rodgers trying to find his way but I can't live with a 5th year senior who has started for 3 years looking like completely dog ****.

Advertisement
Back