Deon Bush

wouldn't mind seeing Bush replacing Ray Ray or Telemaque on passing downs to get some speed at the position

Advertisement
If Bush remains at corner he will likely play the boundary position. So, the question I'm asking here is whether or not he will have a greater impact as a boundary corner or safety? Personally, I think he would be bring much needed speed, range and coverage ability at safety and have a greater impact on the game. Also, in today's spread offenses, you need safeties capable of providing corner like coverage ability in man to man situations, and I think Bush would have favorable matchups against team's number three, four and five receiver.

McGee is garbage and shouldn't be on anything but special teams.

agree. always been down on mcgee. dont know how he was a 4 star except for his track speed that doesnt show up on the football field. he has one last year to prove himself. i was real down on Brandon Harris his frosh year but he really picked it up, same with Nicholas who became serviceable, i just dont see it in mcgee.

As far as Bush goes, he would be most effective, this year at least, as a boundary corner. Put him at CB and press the **** out of the opposition. Pressure, something we have been lacking for the last 6 years.

Not sure I like this. If he ends up behind Howard and another underclass man then he needs to be moved to safety.

He has a higher ceiling at CB, that's where he needs to start. It's not fair to the kid to move him around.

Advertisement
What in god's name makes anyone think Bush is better suited for safety than CB? The only thing i see are people playing games with paper depth charts, moving kids around to fill depth chart prayers, instead of actually looking at the players involved. All i heard regarding Bush was his exceptional athleticism and ability to blanket WRs plus his good size relative to other college CBs. Never once were any safety skills mentioned, range, instincts, ability to diagnose plays, tackling ability, and closing skills - in fact, i remember reading the exact opposite, that he hasnt really demonstrated those skills.

What in god's name makes anyone think Bush is better suited for safety than CB? The only thing i see are people playing games with paper depth charts, moving kids around to fill depth chart prayers, instead of actually looking at the players involved. All i heard regarding Bush was his exceptional athleticism and ability to blanket WRs plus his good size relative to other college CBs. Never once were any safety skills mentioned, range, instincts, ability to diagnose plays, tackling ability, and closing skills - in fact, i remember reading the exact opposite, that he hasnt really demonstrated those skills.

Bush has the size, speed, and skills to play both S and CB. The reason people want to see him or A. Crawford at S is because of the number of CBs brought in and the **** poor talent at FS/SS. We are in dire need of playmakers at S.

Bush has the size, speed, and skills to play both S and CB. The reason people want to see him or A. Crawford at S is because of the number of CBs brought in and the **** poor talent at FS/SS. We are in dire need of playmakers at S.

Like he said, its a whole lot of hoping and praying as opposed to evidence.

From people who watched him play live, Bush doesn't have natural instincts to play S. Look at a guy like J. Reid who was just as athletically gifted as Bush but just didn't understand how to play S, or stay out of trouble. But his biggest problem was he couldn't play center field.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back