Dennis Erickson

brock

All-American
The season is sh*tty so I’m just talking but we hear a lot about the the Jimmy Johnson, schnellenberger and Butch Davis of the worlds in terms of head coaches at Miami but why is a guy like dennis Erickson never brought up in the same echelon as that group when he’s the most accomplished at Miami? I’ve always wondered this.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The season is sh*tty so I’m just talking but we hear a lot about the the Jimmy Johnson, schnellenberger and Butch Davis of the worlds in terms of head coaches at Miami but why is a guy like dennis Erickson never brought up in the same echelon as that group when he’s the most accomplished at Miami? I’ve always wandered this.

The fact that you even have to ask the question says everything.

If Terry Porter doesn't throw that flag, then Larry Coker is equally "accomplished" as Dennis Erickson.

The season is sh*tty so I’m just talking but we hear a lot about the the Jimmy Johnson, schnellenberger and Butch Davis of the worlds in terms of head coaches at Miami but why is a guy like dennis Erickson never brought up in the same echelon as that group when he’s the most accomplished at Miami? I’ve always wandered this.

Because he didn't accomplish anything with his full on program.

He won the Natty with Johnson's players and setup.

Furthermore, look at what he handed off.

Lastly, he has been fired from every coaching position since leaving Miami.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement

SPOT ON , Brock so true Dennis was special , I'll always remember the Cotton Bowl when his Cane shined and told the referee who *****ing about penalties "THIS GAME IS ALREADY WON" Dennis turned and jogged off to locker room , players loved Dennis TOP FLIGHT in my book

Pink allowed **** to get out of control off the field on his watch mainly because he and part of his staff were trainwrecks Sunday through Friday as well.

That may have been the most grammatically incorrect sentence I have ever read. Good god.

Advertisement
He will be head coaching in the Alliance of American Football this spring for Salt Lake City. Not exactly the NFL but look at all the rosters in that league, it’s a real league. We will see what he still has in him. If he wasn’t up there in age, would anyone else be interested in considering him as a potential coach here again?

He will be head coaching in the Alliance of American Football this spring for Salt Lake City. Not exactly the NFL but look at all the rosters in that league, it’s a real league. We will see what he still has in him. If he wasn’t up there in age, would anyone else be interested in considering him as a potential coach here again?
Nope, he’s far too old to coach here

He was a F-ing Drunk who ONLY Won with JJs kids....Terrible recruiter....left the program in shambles...and was ABUSED by Bama in the NC game with the Stupidest Gameplan in UM History.

As I understand it, he has had a huge drinking problem going back to Miami. Assume that has something to do with his job history. He was a O guy back then and brought a kinda spread O that he said was a perfect match for Miami guys. Think Lamar even Liked the O and Erickson

Advertisement
He was a F-ing Drunk who ONLY Won with JJs kids....Terrible recruiter....left the program in shambles...and was ABUSED by Bama in the NC game with the Stupidest Gameplan in UM History.
Left the program in shambles? Do tell?

Dennis is being underrated here. As an x's and o's coach, and an innovator, he was the equal of JJ and Schnelly. Personal issues and a criminal lack of attention off the field did him in.
He was the equal to Schnelly and JJ????....Maannnn STFU....He Won with JJs kids....his recruiting Sucked...Innovator???...Lol....Yeah....tell Gene Stallings what an innovator he was....

Dennis is held up in high regard, just not on the level of Howard and Jimmy. Rightfully so as the program became a mess on his watch. He saw the storm coming and bolted, much like Pete with USC, Liar with the Turds.

Advertisement
31 Schollies
1yr bowl ban
1yr No TV
Complete Lack of Institutional control all under his watch...
lmmfao

He was not implicated in any wrongdoing...the same with Butch at NC you tool.

The pell grant stuff started in '85. Was he on the staff then?

Do you or do you not blame Butch for what happened at NC? There is no way you can blame Dennis if you don't blame Butch too.

You are quickly moving up the "WOAT" poster list.

lmmfao

He was not implicated in any wrongdoing...the same with Butch at NC you tool.

The pell grant stuff started in '85. Was he on the staff then?

Do you or do you not blame Butch for what happened at NC? There is no way you can blame Dennis if you don't blame Butch too.

You are quickly moving up the "WOAT" poster list.
He wasn't implicated??....You Sir are nit only a Faqquit....but a terribly Misinformed one....

True but any time you're trotting out a converted TE as a starting LT against a monster DL, you're gonna be in for a long day.

Bad recruiter, drunk (a buddy of mine's sister dated Bryce and on several occassions, Bryce had to literally drag his dad into the house b/c he was in a drunken stupor - sad!), but an offensive innovator ahead of his time.

Advertisement
Back