Dennis Erickson

lmmfao

He was not implicated in any wrongdoing...the same with Butch at NC you tool.

The pell grant stuff started in '85. Was he on the staff then?

Do you or do you not blame Butch for what happened at NC? There is no way you can blame Dennis if you don't blame Butch too.

You are quickly moving up the "WOAT" poster list.
The Pell Grant stuff did NOT start in 85....stop your F-ing lies...

Advertisement
True but any time you're trotting out a converted TE as a starting LT against a monster DL, you're gonna be in for a long day.

Bad recruiter, drunk (a buddy of mine's sister dated Bryce and on several occassions, Bryce had to literally drag his dad into the house b/c he was in a drunken stupor - sad!), but an offensive innovator ahead of his time.
It was without a doubt the stupidest F-ing Gameplan in a NC game in UM History....A one back...or no back offense against two 1st team AAs in Curry and Copeland leaving Torretta a sitting Duck is your idea of an Innovator??....

He wasn't implicated??....You Sir are nit only a Faqquit....but a terribly Misinformed one....
Correct. Dennis Erickson was not implicated in the improper benefits violations that led to sanctions against the team. Any other questions?

It was without a doubt the stupidest F-ing Gameplan in a NC game in UM History....A one back...or no back offense against two 1st team AAs in Curry and Copeland leaving Torretta a sitting Duck is your idea of an Innovator??....

I was not referring to that game. I was referring to the 1 back concept he brought to UM and putting guys like KDub in the backfield and motioning him to create mismatches.

Advertisement
The season is sh*tty so I’m just talking but we hear a lot about the the Jimmy Johnson, schnellenberger and Butch Davis of the worlds in terms of head coaches at Miami but why is a guy like dennis Erickson never brought up in the same echelon as that group when he’s the most accomplished at Miami? I’ve always wandered this.

You obviously haven't wandered far enough.

The Pell Grant stuff did NOT start in 85....stop your F-ing lies...
from the official NCAA release on the matter...i accept your apology

"During the 1985-89 through 1991-92 academic years, numerous football student-athletes received financial aid in excess of a full athletics scholarship when they were compensated during the academic year for employment arranged by two former student-athletes. "

here's the link you dummy
https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/miCaseView/report?id=101764

from the official NCAA release on the matter...i accept your apology

"During the 1985-89 through 1991-92 academic years, numerous football student-athletes received financial aid in excess of a full athletics scholarship when they were compensated during the academic year for employment arranged by two former student-athletes. "

here's the link you dummy
https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/miCaseView/report?id=101764
My apology??....LoL....Enjoy a No Bowl yr, while Butch is in one....

My apology??....LoL....Enjoy a No Bowl yr, while Butch is in one....
nobody is talking about that. we are talking about Erickson, Pell Grants, and 1985. Glad I could help you be less helpless the next time you speak poorly of Dennis.

Advertisement
Because he's not one of the greatest of all-time and he left the program worse than what he got it.

But, he's a very good coach historically, IMO. Offensive innovator (as mentioned). Career 65% win percentage. Won two national titles (with JJs guys, yeah, but...), won the Pac10 with OREGON STATE and ARIZONA STATE. Neither program has SNIFFED another one since Dennis.

He's got his warts and personal issues and left the program worse than when he found it, but he's got a great collegiate resume. It'd be rare to find a 2x National Champ and guy who has won conference titles at four schools. I'd wager that list is very short.

nobody is talking about that. we are talking about Erickson, Pell Grants, and 1985. Glad I could help you be less helpless the next time you speak poorly of Denis.
Look TaterTot....Erickson and his Dumbazz system got Spanked by a far less talented team in Bama....and barely beat an even less talented team in 89....To compare Dennis to Howard or JJ is typical CIS Lunacy...

I was not referring to that game. I was referring to the 1 back concept he brought to UM and putting guys like KDub in the backfield and motioning him to create mismatches.
His one back offense cost us a NC....His lazy *** recruiting cost us another one in 94 with Frank Costa as a QB..

Advertisement
He had a Plethora of Good RBs to use against Bama....but his egotistical *** went with a one back or no back Offense against the Nations #1 DL....Yeah...pure Brilliance

Erickson was an above average prep coach, very good game day coach awful recruiter.
he went to Oregon state and inherited talent and kicked the Domers in a bowl game
once the talent he inherited left he was dead.....

His one back offense cost us a NC....His lazy *** recruiting cost us another one in 94 with Frank Costa as a QB..

Whatever dude. You are fixated on ONE game. I get it - we were outmatched/outcoached. I'm talking about what he brought to UM - at that time, not many teams were doing it. Punto Final. Jeezus.

Advertisement
Whatever dude. You are fixated on ONE game. I get it - we were outmatched/outcoached. I'm talking about what he brought to UM - at that time, not many teams were doing it. Punto Final. Jeezus.
exactly. focused on one game only. his other critique is a game we barely won. very weird dude.

I don't need ANY education on Ericksons teams...I was a season ticket holder during his entire tenure and was at the 92 NC....

I don't need ANY education on Ericksons teams...I was a season ticket holder during his entire tenure and was at the 92 NC....
you seemed to think he was implicated by the NCAA in their investigation. you also didn't know **** about the Pell Grant issue. many times the people claiming to "know it all" are the biggest dummies.

Advertisement
Back