Demetrius Jackson

DiegoCane

All-ACC
Kid has really stepped up his game, inside move on his sack was nice. He creates a lot of havoc when he's in, not much of a drop off at all between the starters and Jackson/Harris.

JJ 2 sacks, 3 TFLs
CThomas 2 sacks, 4.5 TFL

Harris 3.5 sacks, 4.5 TFL
DJackson 2.5 sacks, 3.5 TFL in 3 games

Advertisement
I said in another thread..Dont tell DJax that Garvin is going to just come in and take that vacant DE spot next year. I like what I am seeing from him and would not be surprised at all if he is the starter opposite JJack next season. In fact, I fully expect it.

For a relatively lanky kid coming out of high school he has really developed into someone stout. Perfect example of a DL that was serviceable early but has become a very good player after several years of development. Not everyone will be a star day 1, but those players aren't necessarily JAGs.

D Jackson played the best of any of our dlineman Saturday imo after watching the film. Joe Jackson next. Chad Thomas was making plays too. All of those guys were held ALOT

Advertisement
Unsung hero for this defense on Saturday. Made so many huge plays on second and third down that contributed to better field position after change of possession

D Jackson played the best of any of our dlineman Saturday imo after watching the film. Joe Jackson next. Chad Thomas was making plays too. All of those guys were held ALOT

[TWEET]917351694937313280[/TWEET]

I don't know... apparently Joe Jack did pretty well...

I know the rushing yards weren't pretty but the DL looked great overall. They really showed off the depth.

Every single one of them made a play at some point.

Advertisement
DJ has played well this year, need a veterans like him to carry this D on Saturday against that ancient offense

I know the rushing yards weren't pretty but the DL looked great overall. They really showed off the depth.

From what I saw the rushing yards were from LB's overpursuing and getting caught in the wash. Also, Redwine lost outside contain on 2 big runs in which he would have been in perfect position otherwise. Akers long run late was McCloud not wrapping up.

From what I saw the rushing yards were from LB's overpursuing and getting caught in the wash. Also, Redwine lost outside contain on 2 big runs in which he would have been in perfect position otherwise. Akers long run late was McCloud not wrapping up.

This

Yep. Just saying if people outside the program saw the numbers you might think our DL is overrated. Especially with the bull**** the FSU OL was getting away with, they lived up to their billing. The depth we have is definitely there.

Advertisement
I must give props to [MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] ( I can't believe I'm saying this ).....he's mentioned DJax moving inside multiple times and I said he was nuts.

Buts he's looked great playing there the handful of times he's done it.

Funny ****... I thought I was watching Booker T play when they had chad, trent, and djack in the game...

Advertisement

Yep. Just saying if people outside the program saw the numbers you might think our DL is overrated. Especially with the bull**** the FSU OL was getting away with, they lived up to their billing. The depth we have is definitely there.

Oh yea, our DL is very much what we expected it to be this season, and to be honest so is our LB corps. The thing with them is that teams are using their aggressiveness against them. They have to be a bit more disciplined when chasing a play.

As bad as the linebackers have been, they have taken away from how good our d line has been. They get penetration on nearly every snap. Blackman is very elusive and was taking 10 yard drops, yet we still had a few sacks.

Oh yea, our DL is very much what we expected it to be this season, and to be honest so is our LB corps. The thing with them is that teams are using their aggressiveness against them. They have to be a bit more disciplined when chasing a play.

We've definitely been tough on these LBs. We also gotta remember these kids are friggin Sophomores.

They definitely deserve some slack. The talent is just so enticing we expect too much at this point sometimes.

I must give props to [MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] ( I can't believe I'm saying this ).....he's mentioned DJax moving inside multiple times and I said he was nuts.

Buts he's looked great playing there the handful of times he's done it.

Thanks cribby, he doesn’t look out of place there at all. Him and chad are extremely disruptive and too fast for the guards to block them

Advertisement
Back